Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 22-02-07, 14:05   #11
BlackGrey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janny View Post
I like the game's name, it sounds mysterious to me. Wonder what that thing he wears on his neck means (reminds me of the pendant in Silent Hill 3)

He needs a shave, for starters
It's rough, just the way I like a man
BlackGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-07, 14:20   #12
Agent 47

whenever this title is released and on what formats, i think it'll be one of those sleeper hits and a sequel will follow
Agent 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-07, 14:33   #13
Hypnosos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
whenever this title is released and on what formats, i think it'll be one of those sleeper hits and a sequel will follow
It's a PS3 exclusive and if I remember correctly, being developed by SCEA, so don't expect any ports. No real release date has been released so far to my knowledge.

Edit: Heh, was wrong there... it's being developed by Naughty Dog but that company is owned by Sony so, still, don't expect any ports.

Last edited by Hypnosos; 22-02-07 at 14:35.
Hypnosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-07, 14:39   #14
Agent 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosos View Post
It's a PS3 exclusive and if I remember correctly, being developed by SCEA, so don't expect any ports. No real release date has been released so far to my knowledge.

Edit: Heh, was wrong there... it's being developed by Naughty Dog but that company is owned by Sony so, still, don't expect any ports.
thanks for that info btw, didn't know ND was a Sony owned developer

just as well i'm a Sony gamer then really

does indeed look good though, and as i said,could be a sleeper hit (goes by unnoticed but does the business)

i'll buy it for sure

Last edited by Agent 47; 22-02-07 at 14:40.
Agent 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-07, 07:05   #15
Tathra
Inactive

This game looks quite drool-worthy, be it a shooter or puzzle-adventure game. I look forward to shuffling Mr.Nathan Drake about the jungle...(or whereever else he ends up...)

Concept arts here
Tathra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-07, 09:18   #16
belter_21

there was a good interview IGN did last year with ND where it was described as an action adventure with both action AND puzzle solving.

"IGN: What sort of game is it anyway? Our Initial impressions here is that it looks to be a cross between Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 4 with a heavy emphasis on action? Lenny Croft?

Wells: Sticking with Naughty Dog tradition, this is a third-person action adventure game with heavily story-based gameplay. There will obviously be a lot of traversal mechanics, two-fisted brawling, gunplay, and puzzle solving. We're trying to evoke the mood and emotions from a classic pulp adventure, but give it a modern day twist so you can expect a lot of dramatic stunts and exciting cliff-hanging moments."
belter_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-07, 10:05   #17
BlackGrey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathra View Post
This game looks quite drool-worthy, be it a shooter or puzzle-adventure game. I look forward to shuffling Mr.Nathan Drake about the jungle...(or whereever else he ends up...)

Concept arts here
Thanks, I love concept art! I really like the first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by belter_21 View Post
there was a good interview IGN did last year with ND where it was described as an action adventure with both action AND puzzle solving.

"IGN: What sort of game is it anyway? Our Initial impressions here is that it looks to be a cross between Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 4 with a heavy emphasis on action? Lenny Croft?

Wells: Sticking with Naughty Dog tradition, this is a third-person action adventure game with heavily story-based gameplay. There will obviously be a lot of traversal mechanics, two-fisted brawling, gunplay, and puzzle solving. We're trying to evoke the mood and emotions from a classic pulp adventure, but give it a modern day twist so you can expect a lot of dramatic stunts and exciting cliff-hanging moments."
So it will have puzzle solving, I love the sound of a classic pulp adventure

In the trailer it mentions the hunter becoming the hunted? I wonder how the hunters found about the treasure and if they have other motives to get rid of him? Damn I want more information

Last edited by BlackGrey; 23-02-07 at 10:07.
BlackGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-07, 10:04   #18
Evilkipje
Inactive

Is this thread old enough for this to be called a bump? in that case, sorry, please hit me with a stick

this game looks very awesome IMO. I don't really see why some people call it a total TR ripoff, the only similarities i see are the jungle (which is not a TR exclusive place IMO) and the fact that the main character is a treasure hunter...
Evilkipje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-07, 10:15   #19
troy tr
Inactive

How can people said it's a tr ripp off? We haven't played it yet.
troy tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-07, 19:32   #20
Hypnosos

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5...chase01nh5.jpg
http://i7.************/42jhukk.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5...kesneakmd3.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7...houlderkq9.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8...unfire2zt3.jpg

Quote:
"After hearing about the game's cinematic story, seeing the technology that backs up the exciting plotline, and playing the game for ourselves, we're sure about one thing. This is one title that should give hold-outs against the pricey PS3 a reason to pause and look again."

-They want an emotional story, and so far there's fifty minutes of cinematics.

-They have an awesome animation scheme that allows for over 1,200 different unique ways of doings things like taking cover. There's nine screens of Drake taking cover behind a pillar...all of them completely different stances. Freaking awesome. (the final game will have 3,000)

-Sixaxis allows for some tilting moments, like crossing a narrow log and balancing, Kratos-style.

-more on the unique animations: if Drake is running across an open field, he will visibly become more and more out of breath, his entire body shaking if he runs enough. His face will show all these emotions as well.

-Everything in the jungle shifts and sways, with dynamic shadowing, and high-dynamic range lighting.

-soundtrack is also dynamic
Some new screens and info from Game Informer.

Some comparision on 2006-2007 screens.
http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/a...rtedcompa3.jpg

I was gonna img tag these pictures, but I figured this way was better.
Hypnosos is offline   Reply With Quote