Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 27-10-17, 12:05   #231
SrDanielPonces

Thanks to Boobandie, I've managed to RIP TRA's barefeet sounds, along with others. (I've tried to make its volume lower, but for some reason, the sound does not play always if volume is under 30 )

I'm writing this post to show my final version of the tight-rope system that I've been scripting:

this time Lara unbalances quicker than she normally does, being a consequence of making lara go through the tight rope faster. This will demand a quicker reaction from the player.

I hope this makes the tightrope both quicker and challenging

There is a video:

(Side note: I'm just sharing these because we don't have/don't want to show the levels in a whole right now. Maybe in a few months, when Maria Doria levels are developed and more close to final-version, I'll then see what we can share )

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 27-10-17 at 12:18.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 12:24   #232
CheshireBitch

It looks really nice ! And I love the fog !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 12:47   #233
A_De

Which game is her scream sound from?
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 12:55   #234
SrDanielPonces

^ Found it on TRA's files, although I'm still on the process of changing sounds (that if I find a better one, or else i'll keep it )

@CheshireBitch Thank you!
Old 27-10-17, 15:03   #235
Kapu

Wow, that's the best looking set of tightrope animations I've ever seen! So much less rigid than the standard tightrope walking from TRC. I especially like how she begins to unbalance right out of the kart wheel maneuver, instead of finishing and then unbalancing from a stand still. Very natural. Looks challenging as well.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 15:30   #236
NoahCrofRaider

That looks awesome! I love how fluid it looks.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 22:18   #237
Boobandie

That sounds much better. Though if you're having trouble making them quieter why not just lower the volume of the sample in Audacity? Also I wonder if the metal sounds are needed, she isn't wearing boots and enemy footsteps don't react to floor types as far as I know.

I really like the way the animations look. The smooth and fast unbalancing is quite appropriate to slow her down.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 22:25   #238
tomb2player

I want to say that I like your approach - not rushing, taking time, and what is most important - holding up and managing to continue this project without giving up. To be honest when you first time created this thread 3 years ago or when it was, I was pretty sure this project will fall like most others of this size ( And there is as far as I know only one finished remake of classic TR - "Tomb Raider I: Revised" ). I was wrong and this is very nice.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-17, 14:49   #239
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
Wow, that's the best looking set of tightrope animations I've ever seen! So much less rigid than the standard tightrope walking from TRC. I especially like how she begins to unbalance right out of the kart wheel maneuver, instead of finishing and then unbalancing from a stand still. Very natural. Looks challenging as well.
Thank you! at first I was indeed making Lara unbalance right after she starts her normal tight-rope position. But then I decided it would be not only better looking but required for the Randomize flag. That not including the other transition animations I needed for the several condition I've made. It was worth it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
That looks awesome! I love how fluid it looks.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
That sounds much better. Though if you're having trouble making them quieter why not just lower the volume of the sample in Audacity? Also I wonder if the metal sounds are needed, she isn't wearing boots and enemy footsteps don't react to floor types as far as I know.
Yes, I did think the same about the metal sounds, but I'm not sure what people'll think about lack of texture sounds in almost the whole section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
I really like the way the animations look. The smooth and fast unbalancing is quite appropriate to slow her down.
Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
I want to say that I like your approach - not rushing, taking time, and what is most important - holding up and managing to continue this project without giving up. To be honest when you first time created this thread 3 years ago or when it was, I was pretty sure this project will fall like most others of this size ( And there is as far as I know only one finished remake of classic TR - "Tomb Raider I: Revised" ). I was wrong and this is very nice.
You have no idea how much this means to me! Yes, the project was quite a mess at the beggining, and honestly it was a stupid idea considering how inexperienced I was. Hell, I struggled a lot setting up the Opera House elevator, but it was after that I finally learned triggergroups, globaltriggers, and eventually much more. Now I feel I'm experienced enough for this, and I hope, while still not have any prediction, that this project will finally be released!
Old 28-10-17, 18:50   #240
indigo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
I totally agree. I really like that you've been taking your time, rather than rushing the game. The amount of improvement over the past couple of years has been remarkable.

This is definitely the best tightrope animation I've seen, and the Maria Doria atmosphere is fantastic. Awesome job, Daniel! The fog and lighting add to the feeling of isolation, and make the environment feel much creepier than the original version. Great call, keeping the heartbeat ambient sounds in. I can tell I'm going to be on the edge of my seat the whole time when I get to play it!
indigo15 is offline   Reply With Quote