Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 12-05-17, 18:19   #151
Ludko444

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
No, TRMOD isn't dead.

I've been working very hard on it. I've revised the syntax (because the old one was just stupid). And I've been playing around a bit with enemy AI. One thing I did was run these two commands in trmod:

And got the following result:

So... when fish are killed out of water, they just float up into space...

Sorry for the long lack of updates (I've been dreadfully busy the last few months), but trust me, I'm still alive and working on trmod.
Awesome, nice to see you back P.S: It's possible add command: REMOVE ROOM or no ?
Ludko444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 19:10   #152
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludko444 View Post
It's possible add command: REMOVE ROOM or no ?
I would be possible to make such a function, but it would be a lot of work.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-17, 07:54   #153
Sardoc

What would happen if you added water above you and killed the fish like you just did? Would it stop floating up when touching water?

I'm really curious now. Cos if it did stop, that'd mean they stop floating when they touch a different surface (flooded vs unflooded, in any order), but it could just as well carry on through the water until it touches air again?

EDIT: My post is an unproductive waste of time for lols only, and THAT'S WHY I LOVE IT.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-17, 08:40   #154
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
What would happen if you added water above you and killed the fish like you just did? Would it stop floating up when touching water?

I'm really curious now. Cos if it did stop, that'd mean they stop floating when they touch a different surface (flooded vs unflooded, in any order), but it could just as well carry on through the water until it touches air again?

EDIT: My post is an unproductive waste of time for lols only, and THAT'S WHY I LOVE IT.

So they will float up into water, but when they reach the top of that room (provided there is no water-filled room above it) will stop at the top of that room.

Last edited by b122251; 13-05-17 at 09:07.
Old 13-05-17, 12:21   #155
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

On a side issue about....

AIR/WATER INTERFACE RULES

Example....

'X' on drawing.... means you cannot get through from water to air. it is like a window.

For those wanting to add or remove water in an existing level using existing TR tools, and see how Lara is affected by Air/water interface rules, here is my old thread on the subject. Please do not post in it, thanks

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ght=underwater

Last edited by The Great Chi; 13-05-17 at 12:27.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-17, 12:56   #156
b122251

The rules you just posted are almost correct, but it's slightly more complicated. The problem is that the rules change from game to game. In TR1, Lara can exit and enter water from any angle. Enemies that are supposed to be above water don't react any differently under water. In TR2, Lara can not exit water horizontally, and if enemies that are supposed to be above water come in contact with water, they die instantly. However, the same does not apply to enemies that are supposed to be underwater, when they exit water. Also in the games where Lara is prevented from exiting water at some angles, it can sometimes be done anyway if there is a current.

Last edited by b122251; 13-05-17 at 12:58.
Old 14-05-17, 13:09   #157
Sardoc

Are there any new beta releases lurking around anytime in the near future?

On a sidenote. I didn't really have any issues with using the tool in its command line mode. Sure, it does need external tools, like Fexinspect, to help with room IDs and sectors, but other than that, didn't have problems. But, yeah, an actual GUI in the (far) future would be something nice.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 13:37   #158
b122251

Quote:
Are there any new beta releases lurking around anytime in the near future?
Maybe
Old 20-03-18, 19:27   #159
GFY2013

Any more updates on this?
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 00:39   #160
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
...an actual GUI in the (far) future would be something nice.
Good Idea for a Graphical User Interface might make it easier to understand.

Unfortunately, I found this all too 'non - user friendly', and could not make head or tail of the programs, to get anything working right.

Normally i am good at figuring out TR related programs, but had to give up with this, pity as it all looked good, to be able to create and remove bits of corridors and rooms and more importantly change the collision detection to suit.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote