www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Unofficial Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 12-06-18, 08:09   #1
Kyle K.
Student

Location: In a house similar to the Classic Croft Manor (I Wish)
Unhappy TR5 Level Builds, but won't Load!

Alright, so for the past few hours I've been having this problem that I can't seem to resolve. I am trying to build a level in the TR5 Engine, which builds just fine, but when I go to launch the game and load the level, the level won't load, and crashes when the loading bar is not even 1/4 of the way through.

When I originally went to test to see if I could build a level at all in TR5, I used one simple test room, textured, with Lara in it. When that wouldn't work, I tried changing the size of the room, the texture file, and the position lara was in which did nothing to help my problem. However, upon building the exact same room in the TR4 engine with the same textures and etc. etc., the level loaded just fine.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but maybe somebody here knows? I started thinking maybe it's some type of "switch" I need to flip before it can build in TR5? But the manual has provided little to no help... Thanks in advance to anybody willing to help me find a solution to this problem .
Old 12-06-18, 11:20   #2
thewolf
Historian

What does your crash message say?
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 17:04   #3
Kyle K.
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
What does your crash message say?
I get no message. It just... Crashes.

EDIT:

If you'd like, I can upload a video showing the level I was building and what the game is doing, if you think that might help.

Last edited by Kyle K.; 12-06-18 at 17:20. Reason: Adding Information
Kyle K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 22:09   #4
thewolf
Historian

No error message? That's strange have you all necessary files in your folder? Could it be the script, maybe it wants to load a cutscene or fmv sequence before the level?

Can you play TR5 custom games from other people or are they crashing too?
Old 13-06-18, 00:28   #5
Kyle K.
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
No error message? That's strange have you all necessary files in your folder? Could it be the script, maybe it wants to load a cutscene or fmv sequence before the level?

Can you play TR5 custom games from other people or are they crashing too?
I have all required files. I modeled another TR5 TRLE to make sure of that. Also, I kept the FMV Files and one does play before the level with no problem.

When I couldn't find a solution, I even tried building my game to another published TR5 TRLE, and was getting the same problem...
Old 13-06-18, 09:42   #6
thewolf
Historian

I build one single room with weapons inside, a Lara object and I triggered Pierre using the TRC demo. Everything was working fine. Maybe your computer is the problem or the software
Old 13-06-18, 10:26   #7
Lwmte
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle K. View Post
maybe somebody here knows? I started thinking maybe it's some type of "switch" I need to flip before it can build in TR5?
Probably this one:
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 10:56   #8
thewolf
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Probably this one:
With or without this, my level is still playable
Old 17-06-18, 05:16   #9
Kyle K.
Student

I'm using the Steam Version of TRC. Do you think that may have anything to do with it? Although, to my knowledge, I think the Steam and GOG Versions of all the Tomb Raider games (excluding the first one which had some modifications) were the retail versions just with all the files included in the download (unlike the retail version, where some were stored on the computer and some were stored on the disk so you had to insert the disk everytime to play.)

Unless... DX only works with the TRC Demo? Turbo Pascal only mentions the TRC Demo in the manual when referring to TRC...
Old 17-06-18, 09:01   #10
thewolf
Historian

I don't have steam , I use the files from my original disc for level building or the demo files if I don't have the disc.

Steam version could be the problem. Try to build a level with the demo version, maybe it works.