www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 12-06-18, 05:04   #331
sapper
Archaeologist

Default new StrPix version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6lrbm4...ev18r.zip/file

When experimenting with rotate mesh, uncheck "Auto recalc collision" so you can see mesh rotating without having the camera reset.

Quote:
StrPix revision 18 'r' readme June 2018

Instructions:
Must copy exe to existing StrPix folder. Not all required files included in zip.

Added- static lighting will be preserved using vertex colours when exporting/importing MQO. See below for more info.

Added- rotate mesh in Edit menu. Note rotating a mesh doesn't guarantee that vertex coordinates will remain exactly whole numbers therefore some deformation might occur due to moving a vertex to the nearest whole number coordinates. If rotating about the X, Y, or Z axis is required make sure "through this point" is set to the origin (0,0,0). A positive rotation is counter clockwise when looking from the positive end of the axis towards the negative end.

Added- selected point will be highlighted in Points and Point+Wire modes. Selected point is unselected when changing mesh or clicking on "nothing" in 3D view. Can only select point in these modes (by using Ctrl+click). If a point is selected it's position is indicated in status bar. Left clicking on a second point when a point is selected will swap the two points.

Added- new way to set static lighting in Light Editor for a selected point. Lights must be enabled and point selected. Note that in points+wire mode, textured faces will be shown so you don't have to switch to textured mode to see lighting. Faces will not be able to be selected so you must be in another mode to use old lighting method. Change all will work however.

Added- display of actual static light values that are read and written in Light editor.

Changed- Lights will be disabled whenever Light Editor closed.

Added- selected point can be moved in Points>Move Point menu. Only moves by increments of 1 each click of the button. Use 3D modelling program for bigger changes. Note collision and visibilty and collision boxes not updated. Must recalculate manually if required.

Added- can set points to be displayed at a larger size in Points and Points+Wire mode. See Points>Big points display size menu. Use for large meshes. This setting is not remembered by StrPix.

Added- option to display all vertex indices in Points and Points+Wire modes. See Points>Show indices menu.

Changed- points which are above the lara skin remap limit should be displayed red only if a lara moveable is selected such as lara_skin, lara_scream, pistols_anim etc. Meshswap slots not included.

Changed- highlighted hair indices should only display if lara's head mesh is displayed.
If you get missing assimp32.dll error, get it from here. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=296

Last edited by sapper; 24-06-18 at 01:55.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 07:44   #332
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Wow thank you!! Awesome to see you're still adding things to it
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 19:52   #333
FantaseaII
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post

When experimenting with rotate mesh, uncheck "Auto recalc collision" so you can see mesh rotating without having the camera reset.
Hello, their is something that triggers me a bit with Strpix about the mqo export option... it could be nice to be able to export anything that contains submeshes in a single mqo instead of having to save like 20-40 single mqo...
The worst is that these exported mqo don't have the same "position" as the objects or enemies you extracted them from.
For exemple the legs where centered in meta instead of being at their "original" place.
I've spent 2 hours to export a mermaid and replacing each single meshes just to mix her with a cage...
I hope it's possible to be fixed of course !
Thanks.

Last edited by FantaseaII; 13-06-18 at 19:54.
FantaseaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 02:40   #334
sapper
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaseaII View Post
For exemple the legs where centered in meta instead of being at their "original" place.
This is how individual meshes need to be stored in the wad. So if you build a moveable in Meta you would still need to relocate the meshes to (0,0,0).

Maybe you should use meta2tr.

Make a small dummy level TR4 with moveable you want edit.

Use meta2tr to export moveables.

Edit moveable and re-inject into TR4 with meta2tr.

Use wadmerger to create a wad from new TR4.
Old 14-06-18, 13:28   #335
TombGuardian
Archaeologist

Quote:

Hey sapper.... how to autoremap vertices?
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 13:53   #336
FantaseaII
Hobbyist

Quote:
This is how individual meshes need to be stored in the wad. So if you build a moveable in Meta you would still need to relocate the meshes to (0,0,0).

Maybe you should use meta2tr.

Make a small dummy level TR4 with moveable you want edit.

Use meta2tr to export moveables.

Edit moveable and re-inject into TR4 with meta2tr.

Use wadmerger to create a wad from new TR4.
Hi i just tried what you've suggested with meta2tr but not anything seems to work, i tried to merge the mermaid geometry with the cage but nothing appears in game and not anything have been changed even in the wad...
So i don't know what might be the issue !
Old 14-06-18, 14:52   #337
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Quote:

This is SO wonderful, thank you so much!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 02:57   #338
sapper
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombGuardian View Post
Hey sapper.... how to autoremap vertices?
Not possible. Have to do it manually.
Old 17-06-18, 15:15   #339
Ranpyon
Student

If I try to import a .obj object I get an error saying: "Obj Importer unable to load file. Error message is: '0.60000' is not a valid floating point value". What does it mean?

Last edited by Ranpyon; 17-06-18 at 15:28.
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-18, 21:38   #340
Kevin
Explorer

^
I think this happens when you have the comma as decimal separator in your windows settings. Change it to dot and the issue should be solved. Best is to just google how to do it.

I had the same issue and also Wadmerger wasn't 't working correctly on my end. After doing the comma to dot change, both problems were gone.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote