www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-12-16, 19:12   #11
Titak

That is looking really good!
Old 30-12-16, 19:20   #12
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Old 30-12-16, 19:25   #13
JimbobJeffers
Student

Incredible work! I'm stunned at the quality of the textures and models you've put together. Great job, I hope you're proud of yourselves!
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 19:26   #14
Gian Carlo
Professor

It looks amazing! I love it
Old 30-12-16, 19:32   #15
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagas View Post
Whoooo this looks totally amazing, guys! Keep it up! I mean how do you even get the original source file for the textures tbh? The textures are practically the same like in TR4 only much much more HQ and detailed
I done the Catacomb/Poseidon textures. Core apparently used photographs of some famous sites in Egypt and objects from museums for their textures. A lot of googling - if we recognized a god or pharaoh we would search their name to refine results. Although a lot of the Catacomb sources aren't from Egypt - Italy, Turkey and Libya are where I had to look.

I do believe Roli consulted an actual historian (who happens to be his friend) which provided us with a lot of information. Correct me if I'm wrong Roli.

As for the' plain' textures - I would take a simple terrain/wall/floor texture from CGtextures, trying to paint scratches/cracks in the exact same spot as the original, as well as painting in shadows, midtones & highlights in the same spot. A lot of attention was paid to the subtle undertones in an image.

Photoshops 'Match Colour' feature can be very useful if a little unpredictable - it modifies the colours from one image to the same shade in another image.

Last edited by disapearing-boy; 30-12-16 at 19:39.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 19:54   #16
SarahPilko
Student

I think I died and gone to heaven.
SarahPilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 20:03   #17
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahPilko View Post
I think I died and gone to heaven.
me 2222222222222222222222
Old 30-12-16, 20:05   #18
bagas
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
I done the Catacomb/Poseidon textures. Core apparently used photographs of some famous sites in Egypt and objects from museums for their textures. A lot of googling - if we recognized a god or pharaoh we would search their name to refine results. Although a lot of the Catacomb sources aren't from Egypt - Italy, Turkey and Libya are where I had to look.

I do believe Roli consulted an actual historian (who happens to be his friend) which provided us with a lot of information. Correct me if I'm wrong Roli.

As for the' plain' textures - I would take a simple terrain/wall/floor texture from CGtextures, trying to paint scratches/cracks in the exact same spot as the original, as well as painting in shadows, midtones & highlights in the same spot. A lot of attention was paid to the subtle undertones in an image.

Photoshops 'Match Colour' feature can be very useful if a little unpredictable - it modifies the colours from one image to the same shade in another image.
So much work and the results are stunning! I am so happy that the team is able to recreate those textures as faithful to the original as possible. Also, since TRIV is my favourite tomb raider game, I put high hopes on this project; that this project would be able to re-capture those magical and nostalgic moments that TRIV had. Also, one last question, is the team going to add more areas or re-imagine some areas from the original? Or is it going to be 1:1 recreation of the original game areas? SORRY FOR BEING NOSEY TEE-HEE IM SO EXCITED!!!
Old 30-12-16, 20:21   #19
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

@Roli

I remember you saying that the player needs to have the original TR4 to play this...
The thing is, I have the original TR4, however it is not the PC version and yes the Playstation... is it possible for me to play it or not? :s
Old 30-12-16, 20:32   #20
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagas View Post
Also, one last question, is the team going to add more areas or re-imagine some areas from the original? Or is it going to be 1:1 recreation of the original game areas? SORRY FOR BEING NOSEY TEE-HEE IM SO EXCITED!!!
The idea is that it's a 1:1 UPDATE for the original game, although it was re-made in the TRLE. The explanation that Roli gave me is that if you used a walkthrough for TR4 it can still be used for this game. Nothing has changed in that regard.

There have been attempts to make in-game areas resemble FMV areas - so some areas may change in texturing but the room dimensions will not. There won't be new areas as far as I know.

Your favourite levels will still be your favourite levels and for better or worse, your least favourite levels will still suck. They'll be pretty though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatu View Post
This is just amazing Great Job.
BTW Will you release Wads and textures To ?
And This is just for Effect, textures and objects ? O Sound FX and Music will be HD to ?
The Wads and Textures will certainly be released - we hope they can be used in as many custom levels as possible!

The original TR4 soundtracks have already been shared on Soundcloud by Peter Connelly in High Quality - I hope we can use them!
https://soundcloud.com/peter-conz-co...er-iv-the-last

Sound effects are a bigger problem. Perhaps someone will know what sound-libraries Core/Eidos used - if we can track down the original sound packs that'd be great. (for example I know the TR3 door sound is used in Hitman3 in higer quality)

Last edited by disapearing-boy; 30-12-16 at 20:39.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote