www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-18, 20:52   #21
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 8,113
Default

This is looking amazing!
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 09:34   #22
Kevin
Explorer
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Will you add animations to the interactions with the doors?
I might let Lara herself open the door when she has unlocked it. That shouldn't be a problem to implement.

But there won't be an extra anim when she tries to open one. There are a lot of locked doors and also a lot of other objects Lara will interact with and share her thougts to, so that could become tedious quickly if you always had to wait for the anim to end.

Last edited by Kevin; 10-06-18 at 09:36.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 09:50   #23
Titak
Moderator
 
Titak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drenthe, The Netherlands
Posts: 30,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I might let Lara herself open the door when she has unlocked it. That shouldn't be a problem to implement.
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
But there won't be an extra anim when she tries to open one. There are a lot of locked doors and also a lot of other objects Lara will interact with and share her thougts to, so that could become tedious quickly if you always had to wait for the anim to end.
Ah, I understand. True.

It could be okay if the animation is no more than 2 seconds.
Just wondering. I'll still understand if you are going without an animation for the locked doors.
__________________
If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 10:05   #24
New Dwight
Explorer
 
New Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I might let Lara herself open the door when she has unlocked it. That shouldn't be a problem to implement.

But there won't be an extra anim when she tries to open one. There are a lot of locked doors and also a lot of other objects Lara will interact with and share her thougts to, so that could become tedious quickly if you always had to wait for the anim to end.
yeah that's how it is in the silent hill series; no problem
__________________
You come here on a fool’s errand, you best turn back.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:18   #25
bigfoot
Student
 
bigfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: France, brive, ...
Posts: 172
Default

Nice screens and great video Kevin .
I really like the news effects .
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-18, 17:47   #26
Kevin
Explorer
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
yeah that's how it is in the silent hill series; no problem
Yes, I try to catch the feeling of some classic games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill. At least in terms of Gameplay and puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
Nice screens and great video Kevin .
I really like the news effects .
Thanks, Sylvain.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.