Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 02-11-08, 12:25   #1
Rod_Flores

Default Tomb Raider Anniversary FReezes ( City of Vilcabamba )

Hi there
Im Playing Tomb Raider Anniversarry and i love it (not as much as the classics from Core) but i have a problem everytime i start the second level (City of Vilcabamba). The Game freezes when the bear attacks because of that hint on the screen and i cant move on. Heres a screenshot:

I think its because of that tutorial Hint. Is it possible to deactivate the hints?
The only way to exit to the desktop is terminating the process in the task manager. Does it have to do with directx...?....RAM....?

I have the original game. Even creating an ISO doesnt work. It FREEZES!
Can anyone help? i want to continue playing.

Another question: How can i control the camera with the gamepad? I have the VENOM USB GAmepad...that one from the playstation, but when i configure on the options, and i press analog the camera becomes crazy...and rotates without stoping, and its very slow and only moves up and down.
Rod_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 13:18   #2
Troy

I don't think you can turn them off. They're quite annoying during Time Trials, making you fall off a ledge if you're supposed to save Lara.
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 16:01   #3
DarkRaven260

Thumbs up

I had that problem with the xbox360 version, I ended up having to reload from the save point to get it to work, this may work for the PC version too. Its also wise to save frequently as I found other glitches that required me to reload from a save point.

Hope this helps?
DR260
DarkRaven260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 16:05   #4
toxicraider

Hmm this should really be in the tech support section, there will be more people there that could help.
toxicraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 21:08   #5
Rod_Flores

Hi guys
problem solved
I downloaded the saves of the second level, but only used the checkpoint 2...right after that scene...nothing serious happens.
Until now the hints didnt freeze the game, but i bet my ass that if i start that level again it crashes...thats very weird that it only freezed in that scene

Ho and i already killed that T-REX Bi...well you know!

But i still dont know how to move the camera with the gamepad...always have to use the mouse. The configuration doesnt seem to work...and the gamepad is brand new

yes i save in every checkpoint now...just in case

Last edited by Rod_Flores; 02-11-08 at 21:10.
Old 02-11-08, 21:15   #6
Mytly

Glad you soled the problem - one of them anyway. Regarding the Gamepad issue, you could ask about it in Technical Support.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 01:34   #7
CrisGer

and you can use a mouse, which is imho much better than a game pad. but that wont solve your problems if you want to stick with the pad.
CrisGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 11:17   #8
Candygirl

this happens to me also..however, what i did was to click the Z button on the wii nunchuck control... that unfroooze the game...
Candygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-08, 15:40   #9
Rod_Flores

Hi

on the first hint i can click the right mouse button and it works, but right after that theres another one, and i can press every key in the keyboard or gamepad or mouse but doesnt unfreeze. CTRL-ALT-DEL and End process is the only way. this must be some kind of flaw.

but no worries
now i can play thanks to the saves

Thanks for the help anyways
Old 09-11-08, 19:09   #10
TRLara Croft

I had that problem... I had to hit 'H' which is what i use to shoot on my computer. If you changed some of the controls it could be because you have to hit the defualt settings. I'm not completly sure though.
TRLara Croft is offline   Reply With Quote