Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 02-03-17, 19:27   #321
Dustie

Supports them in the sense that they work, but I believe they were disabled, which is why only using FLEP they could be enabled.

So this would require the TRNG to be patched.

Last edited by Dustie; 02-03-17 at 19:28.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 22:09   #322
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

Hi

As I've promised some days ago, here are new screens

They cover many of the most recent features: water wave movement, AI, caustics, animated textures and texture sounds.
Today I've finished also crop, split and copy of rooms.

Good night

MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 23:48   #323
Dustie

Gets better with every screenshot!!!

You can call this level the Crocodile Testing Area

I have a request, which I think all builders will like.
Can you make a feature for automatic divisions of walls into sectors? In TRLE, you have to do it manually, which is extremely time consuming. DXTRE did that, it made every room have maximum 5 sectors on the walls from the start (but it didn't have the function to resize wall sectors, which is very important in building levels).

This isn't too important, so it can be done later.

Last edited by Dustie; 02-03-17 at 23:54.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 02:33   #324
Boobandie

^
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 02:38   #325
laracroft1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
^
omg, this is very useful, thank you for sharing
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 04:11   #326
Erikku

I've been following this project for a while now and I'm amazed by how much you've been able to achieve!
Looking forward to seeing more of it!
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 07:55   #327
teme9

That is some really nice progress! Keep up the amazing work
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 11:42   #328
Gancian

Assigned textures sounds displayed under each texture? That's a splendid idea!

Small OT, speaking of texture sounds, now that we're looking into its code, is there any way to fix the bug about missing sounds for Ice and Snow textures?
(clicky here for more info)
Gancian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 11:55   #329
Zebra

That looks fantastic !

Not sure if this has been suggested before but I just had an idea for a feature that might be pretty useful (though I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement). The thing is that you often split a larger texture up into four smaller textures like, you put a big 256x256 tileable texture into your TGA but you use it as four 128x128 textures to try and avoid the wallpaper effect. The problem with that is that it can be a bit kind of tedious when you've got a big surface that needs to be covered in this way as you have to keep switching between textures and place them manually where, if you were just using one texture, you could simply use the texture all button (and then maybe do some manual changes afterwards). So I think it'd be very useful (but correct me if I'm wrong - maybe other people aren't bothered by this or have got a better workflow than me) to have a way of automating this. Like, maybe a builder could specify which 128x128 "sub-textures" belong together and then the editor remembers this and when you activate some sort of auto-texture mode, you only need to place one of the four sub-textures and the editor will find the three adjacent wall/floor/ceiling segments and fill in the other three sub-textures of the full 256 texture on its own (or there could be an extra option for the texture all functions that works with this type of texture set-up). I hope that explanation made sense . (This is not a feature request, btw. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.)

Last edited by Zebra; 03-03-17 at 16:07.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 13:47   #330
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancian View Post
Small OT, speaking of texture sounds, now that we're looking into its code, is there any way to fix the bug about missing sounds for Ice and Snow textures?
(clicky here for more info)
Not a bug.
The Ice sound is still present, it's sound Id 289 (HORSEMAN_HORSE_NEIGH, between FOOTSTEPS_MUD and FOOTSTEPS_GRAVEL). You just need to enable it in your level and it's the sound that will play when walking on an Ice texture.

For the snow, it's different. It plays marble instead. Just like old wood just plays normal wood, or grass plays sand, or concrete plays nothing just like stone.
So, for sounds like snow, concrete, old wood, old metal, or grass, there are two possibilities that would explain what you think is a bug:
  1. The editor doesn't assign the correct texture types: it sets stone instead of concrete, wood instead of old wood, metal instead of old metal, sand instead of grass...
    In this case, it will be possible to correct this problem with the editor.
    Honestly I don't think it's the case.
  2. The editor assigns the correct texture type to each texture, but the problem is in the engine: it just won't play any sound when it's concrete (just like Stone), it will play sand when walking on grass, it will play metal instead of old metal... etc.
    In this case, Tomb Editor won't solve anything on this side, because it's a problem of the engine. Though, another engine (OpenTomb, OpenLara, or why not something else), or TRNG plugins will be able to solve this problem.
    I think this is the current situation.

Now, if you wonder why I said stone and concrete play nothing: it's because we're talking about the Play Effect (Play Step sound) command, which indeed plays nothing. Because when that Play Effect command plays, there's already a Play Sound command that will play the normal stone sound, so Core decided just not to play anything for this Play Effect command for Stone and Concrete to avoid playing the stone sound twice (and that's why, even when walking on a special texture type, you'll hear the stone sound anyway).

Here are two clearer posts about this issue: 1, 2.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote