Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 27-12-08, 20:13   #11
Jeanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelx14 View Post
The Caves? Was it the one? I forgot how it was called. The ending, when you open the huge door and you go through it up the stairs, and the bear appears and then a screen shows up with explanation on how to perform the dodge. Or was it in the very beginning of second level? I really don't remember, as it was such a long time since I play TRA.

And yeah, backwards is a little bit harder (IMO), as she not always gets away from the enemy far enough. And when you do it sideways, it's a better chance that the enemy won't tocuh you.

Well, I dunno if it matters really which way you do the dodge, the important thing is to NOT shoot while the reticle is still grey. Try to follow your actions while playing.
Well, I really have no idea wich level you mean haha!
I've played a few levels now but I cant remember every part
But thanks anyways.
I just have to keep trying to finally kill the annoying creatures! :P
Jeanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 20:29   #12
Angelx14

Well, if you don't know what level I mean, then drop out the practice on the bear (XD) and go to the real action . You'll get used it. Once you learn it, you will see how easy it is. Try maybe watching videos on youtube.
Angelx14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 10:34   #13
Angelamy

Hey.....i'll give u a tip...just jeep shooting them...when they get enraged they will attack you....at this point of time dont stand at the same place..just keep pressing the left or right arrow on your keyboard and continue shooting...in this way...Lara keeps running sideways...then when the four arrous appear on the screen stop shooting and press "shift" or the crouch button...then lara will doge in slow motion and when the 2 targets join into one just shoot...u will hear a sound when the targets are exactly on the centaur... then u can remover their shields....i hpe this will help...good luck...
Angelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 11:06   #14
Jeanine

Thanks for all the help
I finally killed the idiots haha :P
Sometimes with the TR games you have to be patience, and most times you see it will work out somehow
Jeanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 12:07   #15
Helegad

I had to look at a guide for that part
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-09, 17:49   #16
Hermina94

its easier if your controls are:crouch-ctrl,jump-alt,action-shift
Hermina94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 23:58   #17
kbrearey

I had the hardest time with this as well until I realized that once I enranged the centaurs, I had to hold down the L1 Button while they charged so that I had the charging centaur targeted and then I pressed the O button to dodge out of the way. At that point, you get the slowed down/blurry adrenaline sequence and when the gray reticles meet and turn red, I hit R1 to fire. Once I got the hang of it, I was almost dissapointed at how easy it really was and how basically defeating the toughest boss to that point relied solely on mastering a gimmick instead of being able to out maneuver and unload massive amounts of bullets on them (as in the TR1 version of this battle). With that said, I still enjoyed the game immensly.

Last edited by kbrearey; 03-01-09 at 14:12.
kbrearey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 13:56   #18
Centaur Slayer

I have been stuck trying to kill the centaurs for what seems like an eternity. Unfortunatly slaying them yet I have not!!!

Adrenalin dodge won't work, grabbing the shield won't work, i've even tried someone elses tip of once in battle with them, jump into the water to the cave with the lever and waiting about 20 minutes there as apparently one of them kills the other, but when I jumped back in the water it got me with the fire balls, I used up all my life trying to avoid it and had to restart the level.

I'm soooooooo soooooooo sooooooooo unbelievably frustrated. I cant even find a code to skip the level.

Someone help, my language is getting fouler by the day, my husband thinks i'm out of control!
Centaur Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 15:07   #19
Love2Raid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaur Slayer View Post
I have been stuck trying to kill the centaurs for what seems like an eternity. Unfortunatly slaying them yet I have not!!!

Adrenalin dodge won't work, grabbing the shield won't work, i've even tried someone elses tip of once in battle with them, jump into the water to the cave with the lever and waiting about 20 minutes there as apparently one of them kills the other, but when I jumped back in the water it got me with the fire balls, I used up all my life trying to avoid it and had to restart the level.

I'm soooooooo soooooooo sooooooooo unbelievably frustrated. I cant even find a code to skip the level.

Someone help, my language is getting fouler by the day, my husband thinks i'm out of control!
Are you playing on PC? Cause you can download a savegame from the point after the Centaurs have been defeated. Go to www.tombraiderhub.com for savegames.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote