Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 22-09-07, 23:54   #21
Cog

Quote:
It's an Easter Egg?
I consider it as such in BO2. .)
It's probably the same sample devs used in original BO.
Cog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-07, 23:59   #22
Paperdoll

Well I still haven't played BO2... want to but still haven't found it. Although I'm planning too, at least before I play Defiance.
Paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-07, 00:21   #23
Cog

I'd say, BO2's story and overall Thief-like steampunk atmosphere is best taken after Defiance... Otherwise it's confusing as hell, unless you consult the Plot Guide.
Old 23-09-07, 01:03   #24
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabha View Post
Isn't Legend/Anniversary built upon a modified version of the defiance engine?
Yes, it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling View Post
Yes it is . It was one of the first things CrystalD said at E3 in 2005 about the game.
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling View Post
Only ever played a demo of Soul Reaver 2 which was really good. I unfortunately never bought the game.
Soul Reaver 2 is a great game, but is more turned on history than fight/puzzles like Soul Reaver 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabha View Post
Wrong. Legend was built on a modified SR2 engine.
I would say that TR:L and TR:A is more like Defiance than SR2. We're not comparing boredom here , though I like TR:L, TR:A and LOK:SR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cog View Post
I'd say, BO2's story and overall Thief-like steampunk atmosphere is best taken after Defiance... Otherwise it's confusing as hell, unless you consult the Plot Guide.
Actually, LOK:BO2 ONLY occurs because of the Defiance events!

Btw I want to say something: of all LOK games I only don't have Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, but the history is well caught anyway. I wish to have the continuation of this serie, or at least one more game to explain:

Why is the Seer hated by her own race, the hylden?
How can Vorador be alive in LOK:BO2 if he died in LOK: Defiance/BO:LOK?
Why was the Builder imprisoned in the the Eternal Prison?
How could the Seer and the Builder escape the banishing, when the Pillars were erected?
Did Janos get out of the Hylden Prison (BO2)?
How can Turel appear in the Avernus Cathedral Catacombs?
Why didn't anyone use the Nexus Stone before?
And more...

EDIT:
Good to know that you liked LOK: Defiance, Nuno

Last edited by CroftScionGuard; 23-09-07 at 01:12.
CroftScionGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-07, 07:05   #25
Cog

Quote:
Actually, LOK:BO2 ONLY occurs because of the Defiance events!
I know. That's why it's best played after Defiance.
Quote:
Why is the Seer hated by her own race, the hylden?
Probably because thanks to Vorador vampires didn't cast her into the Demon Realm. Quite enough to be hated by her own race, imo.
Quote:
How can Vorador be alive in LOK:BO2 if he died in LOK: Defiance/BO:LOK?
Popular belief is that Kain resurrected him.
Quote:
Why was the Builder imprisoned in the the Eternal Prison?
Perhaps so that he doesn't tell anyone about how his creation works? And if anything goes wrong they'll always have someone to ask for advice (Or no. Don't remember BO2 that well already. =/).
Quote:
How could the Seer and the Builder escape the banishing, when the Pillars were erected?
Vorador asked for Seer to be spared, since she saved his life or something like that. Don't know/remember about the Builder.
Quote:
Did Janos get out of the Hylden Prison (BO2)?
He's now probably trapped in Demon Realm forever. Poor guy.
Quote:
How can Turel appear in the Avernus Cathedral Catacombs?
The cultists summoned him from the future, believing he's Hash'ag-gik (or whatever it is) itself, although the latter only used him as a medium. One of the insane members of the Circle you fought in Avernus in the original BO did it (you can even visit Turel's lair in that game...).
Quote:
Why didn't anyone use the Nexus Stone before?
And that's a plot hole.

Last edited by Cog; 23-09-07 at 10:42.
Old 23-09-07, 08:13   #26
Dark Lugia 2

I never played one before.. what platforms is it out on pleash? And I saw a video once, comparing the two games, legacy of kain and legend. the movements of lara and kain are so alike expecialy when she jumps, same animation! :P
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-07, 08:38   #27
Cog

All five games have PC releases (it'll require some time to make BO1 run on modern operating systems though).
Otherwise, BO1 and SR1 are on PSX, and SR2, BO2 and Defiance were released on PS2.
Old 23-09-07, 09:38   #28
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
I know. That's why it's best played after Defiance.
Actually I played BO2 b4 defiance. I caught the history anyway!
Quote:
Probably because thanks to Vorador vampires didn't cast her into the Demon Realm. Quite enough to be hated by her own race, imo.
the Banishing was cast on the hylden race, not on every hylden except the Seer and Builder! Maybe the fact that the Builder is imprisoned in a place where time is stopped kept him safe!
About the Seer, and far as I saw in the www.thelostwordls.net, she is an extremely powerful and mysterious Hylden, but still it wouldn't keep her safe from the banishing!
Quote:
Popular belief is that Kain resurrected him.
I believe that too, that Defiance Kain resurrected him, but there's no evidence in-game!
Quote:
Perhaps so that he doesn't tell anyone about how his creation works? And if anything goes wrong they'll always have someone to ask for advice (Or no. Don't remember BO2 that well already. =/).
Impossible! The Builder wants Kain to desrtroy the device!
Quote:
Vorador asked for Seer to be spared, since she saved his life or something like that. Don't know/remember about the Builder.
Already answered above
Quote:
He's now probably trapped in Demon Realm forever. Poor guy.
A guy with wings unable to use them to prevent entering in the Demon Realm (if it is there that the Hylden are!)
Quote:
The cultists summoned him from the future, believing he's Hash'ag-gik (or whatever it is) itself, although the latter only used him as a medium. One of the insane members of the Circle you fought in Avernus in the original BO did it (you can even visit Turel's lair in that game...).
In the same site I told above, it is said that the Guardians of BO era are responsible for Turel's appearance in Defiance! Time travel and dimensional powers are involved. Only, I can't figure out how can Moebius be implicated in that! Also only Mortanius and Azimuth served Hash'Ak'Gik
Also, Hash'Ak'Gik never possessed Turel, he only possessed Mortanius in the confrontation with the younger Kain at the BO era, Janos was the second (to empower the device in BO2 era), and the Sarafan Lord in BO2 era!
Quote:
And that's a plot hole.

EDIT:
Contain spoilers!

Last edited by CroftScionGuard; 23-09-07 at 10:50.
Old 23-09-07, 10:04   #29
Cog

Quote:
the Banishing was cast on the hylden race, not on every hylden except the Seer and Builder! Maybe the fact that the Builder is imprisoned in a place where time is stopped kept him safe!
Builder - perhaps, but it is said that Vorador is responsible for the banishing curse avoiding the Seer (the possibility of it is high at least, seeing how both of them seem to know each other).
Quote:
Impossible! The Builder wants Kain to dertroy the device!
I understand him. Being imprisoned for his creation isn't the kind of "thanks" one would expect to hear. Or maybe he just realised how evil and bad and obviously antisocial the Device was.
Quote:
A guy with wings unable to use them to prevent entering in the Demon Realm (if it is there that the Hylden are!)
To me it looked like he enterd it willingly, to seal the thing from the other side and prevent Hylden from using the gate.
Quote:
Also, Hash'Ak'Gik never possessed Turel, he only possessed Mortanius in the confrontation with the younger Kain at the BO era, Janos was the second (to empower the device in BO2 era), and the Sarafan Lord in BO2 era!
Not really. Turel was clearly posessed in cutscenes with Raziel, hence his "it's in my head" behaviour (after all, tone of voice changing and all that freaky green mist pouring from Turel's ears and eyes are hard to miss). Afterwards the big baddie posessed Raziel, and caused him to rip Kain's heart out with no hesitation whatsoever while laughing maniacally. And Sarafan Lord is Hash' true form, not a posessed body.

Last edited by Cog; 23-09-07 at 10:43.
Old 23-09-07, 10:18   #30
CroftScionGuard

Quote:
Builder - perhaps, but it is said that Vorador is responsible for the banishing curse avoiding the Seer (the possibility of it is high at least, seeing how both of them seem to know each other).

Perharp it's the favour Vorador told Kain she owes!
Quote:
I understand him. Being imprisoned for his creation isn't the kind of "thanks" one would expect to hear. Or maybe he just realised how evil and bad and obviously antisocial the Device was.

Actually, it's because the Builder realizedhow bad it was! The Device was created to destroy human and vampires!
Quote:
To me it looked like he enterd it willingly, to seal it from the other side and prevent Hylden from using it.

Impossible! the Hylden was fought to be casted into the gate! the Nexus Stone is what is sealing now the gate. Janos or survived or is trapped!
Quote:
Not really. Turel was clearly posessed in cutscenes with Raziel, hence his "it's in my head" behaviour (after all, tone of voice changing and all that freaky green mist pouring from Turel's ears and eyes are hard to mis). Afterwards the big baddie posessed Raziel, and caused him to rip Kain's heart out with no hesitation whatsoever while laughing maniacally. And Sarafan Lord is Hash' true form, not a posessed body.

Turel was possessed by inferior Hylden, not by Hash'ak'gik!

Btw he NEVER possessed Raziel! Raziel knew where the Heart of Darkness was. He ripped it from Kain because he knew his fate lied in Janos' hands!

About the fact that the Sarafan Lord is using his own body, that I never told the opposite!

Last edited by CroftScionGuard; 23-09-07 at 10:51.