Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 03-04-18, 00:24   #101
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

anyway I've contacted to that guy if that E3 1998 game artwork disc has the alpha version of Tomb Raider 3. he told me he couldn't check right now because he lives in different locations. and he wasn't in his collection place earlier. But as far as he tried to remember, there was very very very little from his memory to remember which type of Tomb Raider content it has inside of that disc. there's just 2 or 3 pieces of generic artwork of Lara. Nothing what we were hoping for surely yet. he bought it more for the parasite eve entry. He by the way collects more horror game stuff more than Tomb Raider.

Last edited by tlr online; 04-04-18 at 10:14. Reason: Removed broken quote code
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 03:01   #102
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

does anyone know what do you have to do with the source code?
Old 04-04-18, 07:33   #103
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Just a short answer. Yes, I do

The longer answer. This PC source code is not very final version, so it must be compared with decompiled TR3 release version before it can be used properly. Also it has some PS1 exclusive features in PC source files, for example footprints, so some of these features could be enabled for PC in the future. About PS1 version code, there are no TR2 PS1 specific things (for example, waving inventory background), but almost all TR3 PS1 things exist. Anyway almost all PS1 most interesting things are written in MIPS assembly, not C/C++, so it is not easy to research them.

Last edited by Arsunt; 04-04-18 at 12:45.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 10:00   #104
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
@ TRExpertgamer:
Please do not double-post like that (you've done it three times in this thread alone...), it is considered spam on this forum and can earn you infraction points.
If you want to have multiple quotes in one reply, you can use the multiquote button. (which looks like a ").
Quote:
ok sorry I mean I'm a new member here recently
Quote:
anyway I've contacted to that guy if that E3 1998 game artwork disc has the alpha version of Tomb Raider 3. he told me he couldn't check right now because he lives in different locations. and he wasn't in his collection place earlier. But as far as he tried to remember, there was very very very little from his memory to remember which type of Tomb Raider content it has inside of that disc. there's just 2 or 3 pieces of generic artwork of Lara. Nothing what we were hoping for surely yet. he bought it more for the parasite eve entry. He by the way collects more horror game stuff more than Tomb Raider.
Quote:
Three in a row TRExpertgamer? We've reached out to you on a number of occasions asking you to make use of the edit feature, so let's try this a different way.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 04:04   #105
Johnnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post

The longer answer. This PC source code is not very final version, so it must be compared with decompiled TR3 release version before it can be used properly. Also it has some PS1 exclusive features in PC source files, for example footprints, so some of these features could be enabled for PC in the future. About PS1 version code, there are no TR2 PS1 specific things (for example, waving inventory background), but almost all TR3 PS1 things exist. Anyway almost all PS1 most interesting things are written in MIPS assembly, not C/C++, so it is not easy to research them.
That’s interesting. So they were implanting this for the PC then? What other things did you find as well you can share

I wonder why Core didn’t put those exclusive features on PC Version
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 05:52   #106
ggctuk

Processing issues on PC, possibly.

The code has already been used in preliminary tests to bring some of the enemies over to TRNG with varying successes (melee enemies work, but those that should be able to climb over things can't and gun enemies work but their gunflashes are in the wrong place). I think that's where this code is going to be most useful.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 06:18   #107
Joey79100

Footsteps had the same issue that several sprites had on the PC version: negative color blending was additive color blending instead, so you had things that should have been black (grenade gun smoke, footsteps) that are white instead. This is probably the reason why they only had an ugly octogonal shadow instead of a smoother round sprite like on PS, too.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 02:03   #108
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

[QUOTE=tlr online;7850004]Three in a row TRExpertgamer? We've reached out to you on a number of occasions asking you to make use of the edit feature, so let's try this a different way.

I'm doing the best I can as I'm a new member here. that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post

ok. so is there a way how you can launch this early version game of Tomb Raider 3 being that you finally have the source code for it?

Last edited by Rai; 22-04-18 at 21:49. Reason: Merged double posts
Old 21-04-18, 02:15   #109
Kirishima

Unless you know how to compile it, no. It won't make much difference anyway, just be a potentially buggier version of what we already have.

Last edited by Kirishima; 21-04-18 at 02:17.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 03:32   #110
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Unless you know how to compile it, no. It won't make much difference anyway, just be a potentially buggier version of what we already have.
ok so do you know which Tomb Raider game app should I use to launch into the early version of Tomb Raider 3? and also can you please guide me how I can compile it so I can finally launch the game?