Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 08-04-18, 06:41   #1
Halston

Exclamation Semi-Unused Young Lara Model

I've been searching the internet for SOTR, and I stumbled across a pretty hidden blog by Kam Yu, who has posted images of a partially unused young Lara model. It was used in Rise of the Tomb Raider briefly for flashback cutscenes, but it was mostly a silhouette. For those who don't know, Kam Yu has been working on the Tomb Raider models for years. His first model was Lara in Tomb Raider: Legend. He presented the young Lara model at PAX Boston according to his blog post. I apologize if this has been posted before, but I found it interesting.

The model had full rigging and facial animations, which you can see here:

Halston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 06:57   #2
biscuits

That's very fascinating. Her hair looks like a much lighter shade of brown. I'm guessing the flashback sequences were a lot longer than they are now. They probably shortened them for time purposes.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 07:08   #3
Wolf 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston View Post
I've been searching the internet for SOTR, and I stumbled across a pretty hidden blog by Kam Yu, who has posted images of a partially unused young Lara model. It was used in Rise of the Tomb Raider briefly for flashback cutscenes, but it was mostly a silhouette. For those who don't know, Kam Yu has been working on the Tomb Raider models for years. His first model was Lara in Tomb Raider: Legend. He presented the young Lara model at PAX Boston according to his blog post. I apologize if this has been posted before, but I found it interesting.

The model had full rigging and facial animations, which you can see here:

https://s17.postimg.org/wxqjjq1zj/Young_Lara_01.png

https://s17.postimg.org/3vc9gw7zz/Young_Lara_03.png

https://s17.postimg.org/5n58bt6sf/Young_Lara_07.png
That's a shame this model hadn't been used, you said it was used in the flash back but wasn't it in first person?
Anyway, developers maybe wanted use this model for a playable part in the past but then they didn't or maybe they wanted to use the model in the vocals flash back in the manor
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 07:46   #4
Halston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
That's a shame this model hadn't been used, you said it was used in the flash back but wasn't it in first person?
Anyway, developers maybe wanted use this model for a playable part in the past but then they didn't or maybe they wanted to use the model in the vocals flash back in the manor
The blog post said that only a silhouette was used, but maybe he was confusing it for a cutscene in Shadow (it was posted in 2016), or the Baba Yaga DLC? (I don't remember exactly whether it was used or not)

I would love a playable flashback as young Lara! Maybe it could even give us an opportunity to explore a fully-restored croft manor and we could see Winston again. ) - I feel like this would be perfect to include in SOTR because it would really show a contrast between young Lara and who Lara has become/is becoming.
Halston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 09:03   #5
AimlessThunder

I think that he stated that he had to use the temple of Osiris hair to save on time.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 11:53   #6
TheShadowOfMe

It should've been a different hairstyle. LMAO, imagine having the exact same hairstyle for 15 years. :skull emoji:
TheShadowOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 12:08   #7
Yeauxleaux

Looks a lot like Underworld Lara's hair tbh

Also looks like Reboot Lara is a natural blonde and colours it darker?

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 08-04-18 at 12:09.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 16:51   #8
Kapu

Maybe it's best that it wasn't really used in full. I feel like it needs a bit of tweaking to look right. How old do you think she's meant to be? 10 or 11? Why does she looks so old? Fine lines on the forehead and blotchy skin? Prepubescent kids have porcelain skin. Literally flawless. Then you get dumped on by hormones and your skin changes. I didn't have permanent forehead wrinkles until I was at least 18.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 20:58   #9
AntRaidsTombs

They showed that before somewhere, I remember them talking about it.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 23:15   #10
Carloicious

This would have been such a cool outfit/skin!
Carloicious is offline   Reply With Quote