Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 09-02-18, 05:52   #71
AimlessThunder

They care about making money. The reboot was a great thing money wise for the company. The tomb raider formula was getting stale.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 21:49   #72
laracroftonline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
They care about making money. The reboot was a great thing money wise for the company. The tomb raider formula was getting stale.
with some small tweaks the og formula would have done great too, look at how nicobass did the tomb raider 2 demo. they just made everything too predictable and easy on the level design.
laracroftonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 22:15   #73
Error96

Quote:
The tomb raider formula was getting stale.
I think this is really inaccurate. Underworld was badly written and lacked ambition throughout. CD didn't know where to take TR but if we had games with the ambition of AOD and a decent execution I don't think TR would as you put it be getting stale. Basically I am saying the problem was in writing rather than a problem with the formula.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 22:38   #74
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftonline View Post
with some small tweaks the og formula would have done great too, look at how nicobass did the tomb raider 2 demo. they just made everything too predictable and easy on the level design.
The demo looked great. I think that they should do a separate series with Core/LAU Lara. That way they would please both sides of the fan base. Yes. The trilogy was too predictable in terms of level design, gameplay and story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I think this is really inaccurate. Underworld was badly written and lacked ambition throughout. CD didn't know where to take TR but if we had games with the ambition of AOD and a decent execution I don't think TR would as you put it be getting stale. Basically I am saying the problem was in writing rather than a problem with the formula.
Well there is still hope that they will take curent Lara there. I mean the reboot is a good idea if you think about it.. There is only so much you can do with a fully developed character they have gained a few more games by telling her origin story. I loved aod, but let's be honest.. It was pretty unpolished. Tru was great in terms of graphics and Lara never looks better during cutscenes, but it was lackluster all around. A reboot was the only way out of that tight spot.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 22:49   #75
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I agree, although the TR series really needed an upgraded combat system, because by the time Underworld came along it was hopelessly outdated and made the game look really bad compared to Uncharted. That is one of the few things I appreciate about the reboot.

Quote:
The demo looked great. I think that they should do a separate series with Core/LAU Lara. That way they would please both sides of the fan base.
Join the Legion mate

Quote:
Well there is still hope that they will take curent Lara there.
I think not and I hope not. To me this character is unsalvageable, and if we would end up with some hybrid between Lara Croft and the reboot character then I would only like the Lara Croft parts and dislike the reboot parts. Call it glass half empty but it's still a step back from having true Lara.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote