Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 22-05-23, 01:19   #1
Gahhhrrrlic

Default Re-enabling music in the original TR1

After doing the usual research, and then some I have come to find that the original TR1 didn't have music included. Ok. However 1 guy who posted that he was running ATITOMB (I assume this means he was running the patch which enables CIF support for ATI cards) and his music worked.

When I go ingame, the menu shows volume controls for sound effects and music so I'm thinking maybe I can actually get music to work if I know how to set it up manually.

Can the original game be made to run music and if so is there a way to get the game to properly detect it, with regards to the music's file format and/or location in the game directory?

Much appreciated.
Gahhhrrrlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-23, 01:42   #2
mizuno_suisei

Tomb1main check out the github. Lovely amount of new and fixed features with a GUI, and ofcourse, the full PS1 OST. It comes with an installer to fetch data from existing installations to create the new build.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 22-05-23 at 01:51.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-23, 02:35   #3
Gahhhrrrlic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Tomb1main check out the github. Lovely amount of new and fixed features with a GUI, and ofcourse, the full PS1 OST. It comes with an installer to fetch data from existing installations to create the new build.
I'll have to dig a little deeper as it looks like they started with ATItomb and then at some point diverged from it completely, so I'm thinking they may no longer use CIF rendering... not that this would have any effect on the game, other than making it more awesome but I kinda wanted to enjoy the same card I had as a kid and it actually runs the game quite well in HW mode. In DX or software, it's really quite poor however.
Old 22-05-23, 03:54   #4
mizuno_suisei

I believe tomb1main's base engine is TombATI.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-23, 16:16   #5
Gahhhrrrlic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I believe tomb1main's base engine is TombATI.
Ah ok then. Apologies. I guess you would have already figured that out if I made such a fuss about it in the other thread. Let me give it a try. No harm in simply backing up my existing install in case the changes are irreversible (since aside from the music, the game runs quite nice now, with 5 different outfits at key breaks in the game )

Last edited by Gahhhrrrlic; 22-05-23 at 16:17.