Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-10-06, 00:39   #1
WhosaidAODwasbad

Default This Fall's games: What is impressive and unimpressive!!!?

PS3: Impressive
Resistance: Fall of Man
Why: Because the guys behind Ratchet and Clank, cool weapons set during an alternate WWII. What Can get better than that.

Heavenly Sword
Why: Beautiful Scenery, Cool combat way to go!

Sonic the Hedgehog
Why: Comon' do I have to say more, Sonic is back and looks to be better than ever.

Tiger Woods 07
Why: Best golfer of the past Decade, maybe even all time, Realistic courses, GameFace, best customization in gaming!

PS3: Unimpressive
Genji:
Why: Looks the same as the original!

Madden 07
Why: some will say what, but I have not had alot of fun in the single player mode of the Ps2's Madden its only fun multiplayer, This could be an impressive title if the get in more gameplay modes.

XBox 360: IMpressive

GEars of WAr
Why: Could be the game the kills Halo? Wait its on the same system and is an exclusive, awesome Stratgic play, explosive enviroments.

Blue Dragon (Don't know the release date)
Why: RPG, Japanesse Creator need I say more! Xbox game with Final Fantasy feel, Weird but Good Weird!

Guitar Hero II
Why: You ask me why and you think I am supposed to answer, how rude! PS2 mega hit now on 360, cool looking guitar, plus bands that include, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Rush, leonard Skinner.

Xbox 360: Unimpressive

Viva Pinata
Why: Not feel up to beating paper Mache!

Wii: Impressive

Zelda
Why: Finally we get to play Zelda, and now have almost full interaction with the Wii mote!

Excite Truck
why: Excite Bike but now with Jeeps and Trucks who could ask for more!

Virtual Console
Why: Tons of Classics from the Turbo Graphix 16, Nes, Super Nes, N64, Genesis. Still haven't played Golden Eye well now you can!

Wii Sports
why: First Console to have a game at launch in about 10 years! COOL!

Wii: Unimpressive

Madden WII
Why: Will they get the gameplay and controls right, hopefully!

MUltiplatformer Games that I am IMpressed with:

Rayman Ravinn Rabbids
WHY: Rayman is back more open enviroments, now you hipmotize people with dancing not the other way around.

Ultimate Marvel
Why: Spiderman, Woverine, the Thing, Captain AMerican, and from the people who made X-men Legends, a great multiplayer beat'em up!
WhosaidAODwasbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 01:26   #2
ILG49ers

Besides most every PS3 game, I'm really excited about Splinter Cell Double Agent! That game looks very impressive!
ILG49ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 14:16   #3
WhosaidAODwasbad

yes, thats one I missed that looks very cool, and actually more James Bond like with the greatness of Sam Fisher!

ONe I missed too is Okami for the PS2 great game!
WhosaidAODwasbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 14:49   #4
Twiin

I'm really excited about getting the Wii on December 8th (a delayed birthday present as my birthday is on the 2nd)! It'll be great for having a party... kind of like EyeToy.
Twiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 15:41   #5
thepetemaster

Bad news Whosaid, no goldeneye for the Wii. No Rare games in fact. I'm choked, but there is a chance of them appearing on Xbox arcade. Rare has the rights, and MS now owns them. It won't happen, I read a press release somewhere about it.

The good news is - C64 games are going to available

Last edited by thepetemaster; 01-10-06 at 16:03.
thepetemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 17:47   #6
Xenomrph

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetemaster
Bad news Whosaid, no goldeneye for the Wii. No Rare games in fact. I'm choked, but there is a chance of them appearing on Xbox arcade. Rare has the rights, and MS now owns them. It won't happen, I read a press release somewhere about it.

The good news is - C64 games are going to available
C64 games on the Wii? That's awesome. Original "Castle Wolfenstein", here I come!
I'll have to mention to my friends who want the Wii that there won't be any Rare games; it completely slipped my mind that Microsoft bought Rare (even though I have a 360, and I've been playing Perfect Dark Zero lately).
Xenomrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 18:00   #7
thepetemaster

Yeah - I was a bit miffed by the rare thing. I still haven't got my hands on Banjo-Tooie. Banjo 3 is coming though - and I would like to get both for xbox360. I think the Wii is going to rock. I plan on gettin that and the 360. The days of buying Sony are over.
thepetemaster is offline   Reply With Quote