Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-11-17, 19:48   #37931
Patrick star

Just realized I should've posted this here :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Just finished watching Breaking Bad and....

Oh . My . God !!

In short : this is the one of the best (if not the best) thing I've ever watched on a screen , it's an easy 10/10 from me . Masterfully written , brilliantly acted and wonderfully directed , a big hug and thanks from me to Vince Gilligan , Bryan Cranston , Anna Gunn , Aaron Paul and every single part who contributed to this masterpiece
(From Open Chat) .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-17, 20:04   #37932
Cochrane
Golden

Punisher, first four episodes, then I got bored. Which is really all I need to say about this show. It's not awful, but it's not interesting either.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-17, 20:15   #37933
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1416 View Post
Justice League

7.5/10. Good movie overral. Villain sucked and the story was just ok but the heroes were great. I was a little disappointed with the final battle(kinda expected more). I also felt like some content was cut(hopefully we get an extended edition or Directors cut). The film was too short IMO(many trailer scenes were missing too)
Second best DCEU movie after Wonder Woman IMO
Really? IMO you are being too kind with your opinion there.

As I said on facebook:

DC tries hard to imitate Marvel's attempt at combining humour and action either compelling story-telling but their movies always fall flat; Usually it's an issue with character exposition, plot or just plain negligence towards setting up a good pace for the story.

BTW: The movie COMPLETELY butchered Aquaman's character. He is supposed to be the third most competent leader of the group right after Superman and Batman with none of their personality issues.

In short, DC made a BIG mistake from rolling away from Nolan and his serious style of movies. In attempting to copy DC, they have lost their unique niche in the market.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-17, 21:40   #37934
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Stranger Things 2

It was Ok, but not as interesting as the first season.

I don't feel like we're any further into the story than we were at the end of Season 1. Although well acted, it felt a bit like treading water... for the mystery anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Stranger Things 2. I enjoyed it, but like Blackmoor, I too felt the mystery behind the upside down or the creatures never really went anywhere. There was minimal character development as well. Those kids have bright acting careers if they choose to continue into adulthood. Unfortunately though, child actors very rarely make it passed working into their teens.
I've heard mostly the same complaint everywhere and I'm deliberately delaying the moment to start Season 2. I started watching Season 1 just after I finished another show and couldn't get into the story of ST. Now, after rewatching that other show with mother, I wager I won't be able to get into Season 2 of ST even if I tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I asked my son, who's 24, if he wanted go to the cinema. Out of all the films he could've choose, like Justice League, which film did he pick? Paddington 2. So that's what we saw. It's cute.
I'd honestly pick that one over any other film if I went to the cinema. Sometimes, what I need the most is something lighthearted and devoid of earnestness.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 10:10   #37935
Mani_Man

Justice League

After a long, long...long time the movie is finally here.
I dont want to spoil too much because its worth to watch it ten times imo.
Im still on a high since the movie was everything i wanted it to be, so the objectivity in this is thrown out of the window...and it should be.
Im not a reviewer or anything, im just a normal guy who is a DC fan and saw an awesome movie.

However one thing is extremely clear after the credits rolled...the person who thought it was a good idea keeping such a movie under two hours needs to be fired and removed completely.
How can you do a justice league movie thinking 2 and a half hour wouldnt be good?
Shame on you sir or madam. XD

It feels like the movie was cut to a huge extent, some of the stuff they reshoot was a bit obvious and felt slightly out of place.
Some scene that were in trailers etc felt a bit better then those in the movie that you see are reshoots...but okay.

Anyway, the movie is awesome...wonderbat is alive, im alive.

Would give it a 9/10
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 18:20   #37936
phoenix1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
Really? IMO you are being too kind with your opinion there.

As I said on facebook:

DC tries hard to imitate Marvel's attempt at combining humour and action either compelling story-telling but their movies always fall flat; Usually it's an issue with character exposition, plot or just plain negligence towards setting up a good pace for the story.

BTW: The movie COMPLETELY butchered Aquaman's character. He is supposed to be the third most competent leader of the group right after Superman and Batman with none of their personality issues.

In short, DC made a BIG mistake from rolling away from Nolan and his serious style of movies. In attempting to copy DC, they have lost their unique niche in the market.
1. IMO the story wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. Actually I have quite low standards when it comes to stories(especially superhero stories so it doesn't take much to impress me as long as I'm having a good time=good movie).
IMO the heroes made this movie good
2. I haven't read DC comics at all so I liked Aquaman. He should have more scenes.
I'm actually a wonder woman fan so that's another reason why I liked this movie
phoenix1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 05:35   #37937
HarleyCroft

Although Justice League is on my 'To Watch list'.. I haven't seen any live-action DC movies (Suicide Squad doesn't count) since 2012 and I'm worried I'll be too far behind to really understand the ensemble dynamics right now Unless it doesn't matter?

(I'm also pretty psyched to see Jason Momoa topless and wet though, daym! )

The commentary in this thread has been very interesting, btw Makes me want to see it and discuss

Anyways, on the topic of what I'm watching.. I'm halfway through the third episode of Netflix's Punisher, and I'm LOVING it so far!

I was hooked after the end of the first episode (which KICKED MY ASS when Frank finally used the sledgehammer to the soundtrack of Hell Broke Luce ♡) and he just keeps finding more ways of being ingenious

The pacing is on point, as is the acting and writing.. hell, even the lighting is nice to look at!

An underlying theme so far involves the impact that the U.S's "War on Terror" from the 2000's had on soldiers which is handled very respectfully. There are also tons of little nudges towards fans (which I won't get into right now, I'm too busy watching ) and I really want to see what's going to happen

Sorry to hear you didn't like it, Cochrane!

EDIT- Just finished the third episode! YES. SO GOOD.

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 23-11-17 at 07:17.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-17, 12:59   #37938
robm_2007

Mad Men, S01E5-6

A few years ago, I watched the first 4 episodes and wondered when it was going to get not boring. Randomly decided to try again. Mind you, I wasn't watching that closely this time, but what I saw was actually interesting!

Hopefully it can prove to be watchable if not good.

Last edited by robm_2007; 26-11-17 at 01:00.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-17, 16:42   #37939
Costel

Justice League. 10/10

I watch this type of superheroes movies more for the action than for the story.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-17, 17:06   #37940
Mickybyrne20

Minion's with my nephew. Not even slightly funny
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote