Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-10-17, 23:05   #1
Edming

Default Do we want Good Old Lara back? Or you like the reboot?

I've been reading so many opinions of people and there is a huge division between fans on this series.
So I'm asking if you like the Reboot aproach, or you prefire the old badass Lara that was just doing it for fun?

I personaly love the old Lara. She was such an inspiration for her braveness and careless personality
But that's my though...
Would you end the reboot right away???
Edming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:09   #2
Patrick star

Please take no offense , but this is like the trillionth thread in this section about this very subject , and there had been a very recent one :

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218673

This is becoming..tiresome .

Bleh , let me answer the thread anyway : Yep , I like the Reboot approach , I like Reboot Lara and I like Old Lara . After the third game , the one in which she's supposedly fully developed as a character and hopefully ends up being more like a new-ish and modernized version of her previous self , I'd love to have a few standalone games with her , and after that , I'd be all for a new reboot with a more traditional approach to shake things up , god knows everything gets stale after a long time and I have no illusions that the reboot's going to remain successful forever .

Last edited by Patrick star; 13-10-17 at 23:15.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:11   #3
Mani_Man

Yes no offense...but this will not go well.
There are plenty of similar threads that turned into a bash fest...this wouldnt be different.
So i say we close this before it gets out of hand.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:12   #4
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edming View Post
I've been reading so many opinions of people and there is a huge division between fans on this series.
So I'm asking if you like the Reboot aproach, or you prefire the old badass Lara that was just doing it for fun?
If you've read my comments you already know the answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edming View Post
Would you end the reboot right away???
Not if it doesn't stand in the way of a good LC game coming out. If it does I would rather end it today than tomorrow.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:16   #5
Lord Lulu

Classic Lara for sure. She is iconic and someone people can look up to.
Need I say more?
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:32   #6
AntRaidsTombs

Reboot Lara, I loved classic Lara and appreciated her but I want to see where reboot Lara goes. I prefer her more anyway. Like Patrick stated isn’t there like ten other threads regarding this topic? It even bleeds into other topics lol
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:37   #7
Error96

I want to see classic Lara back 100%. I am not going to bash reboot Lara at least not until this gets heated. I just think classic Lara is so amazing and iconic. The elegance, the classiness, the sass, the badass attitude, the humour - love it, love it, love it!!! . Her personality is incredible and she is just the best gaming character of all time. If we got the chance I would completely jump at it.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:38   #8
Edming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I want to see classic Lara back 100%. I am not going to bash reboot Lara at least not until this gets heated. I just think classic Lara is so amazing and iconic. The elegance, the classiness, the sass, the badass attitude, the humour - love it, love it, love it!!! . Her personality is incredible and she is just the best gaming character of all time. If we got the chance I would completely jump at it.
Totally agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Please take no offense , but this is like the trillionth thread in this section about this very subject , and there had been a very recent one :

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218673

This is becoming..tiresome .

Bleh , let me answer the thread anyway : Yep , I like the Reboot approach , I like Reboot Lara and I like Old Lara . After the third game , the one in which she's supposedly fully developed as a character and hopefully ends up being more like a new-ish and modernized version of her previous self , I'd love to have a few standalone games with her , and after that , I'd be all for a new reboot with a more traditional approach to shake things up , god knows everything gets stale after a long time and I have no illusions that the reboot's going to remain successful forever .
Yeah I checked that one but I though it was mostly about the gme mechanics, gameplay, etc...
I'm talking about personality and Lara herself and not the gameplay aspect.

Last edited by Rai; 13-10-17 at 23:51. Reason: Merged posts
Old 13-10-17, 23:42   #9
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
Agreed

If sexualisation triggers people so much I'm 100% happy with a "de-sexualised classic Lara"... basically one who is almost exactly the same just with a more realistic body. I don't mind how Lara looks now physically anyway (apart from wishing her face would be a bit stronger), I just dislike her voice, personality and characterisation.

A part of me hopes Reboot Lara will basically grow into classic Lara, which I'd also be cool with.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 23:45   #10
Edming

I find the Reboot Lara way to sentimental.
I think that the story for me was one of the weaker aspects honestly, mainly in ROTTR.
I find it too cliché the whole father drama... We've seen that everywhere and it's lazy....
For example, taking the first trailer, I would love that the story would have been told in a different way, like in her psychologist sessions.... That would have been interesting to see. As well as Lara growing as a character, in a different way.