Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-03-12, 09:38   #3971
jackali
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Just out of curiousity, for those that did the Boethiah's Calling quest who did you decide to sacrifice? I am still procrastinating on it. I have two Dark Brotherhood initiates, I could probably choose one of them and not miss them. Although I should have lots of followers to choose from, I never remember where most of them are, and most I like alive rather than dead.

I've not sacrificed anyone yet because I can't decide on who to sacrifice. I tried to sacrifice a Dark Brotherhood initiate, and found that I wasn't allowed. So I'm still undecided about sacrificing someone.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 09:47   #3972
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Just out of curiousity, for those that did the Boethiah's Calling quest who did you decide to sacrifice? I am still procrastinating on it. I have two Dark Brotherhood initiates, I could probably choose one of them and not miss them. Although I should have lots of followers to choose from, I never remember where most of them are, and most I like alive rather than dead.
I sacrificed Arthis, an old man from Jorrvaskr.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Athis

He is just useless. I found he has one of the lowest stat among the Skyrim followers-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PaU1mQkE#gid=0
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 10:28   #3973
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
I've not sacrificed anyone yet because I can't decide on who to sacrifice. I tried to sacrifice a Dark Brotherhood initiate, and found that I wasn't allowed. So I'm still undecided about sacrificing someone.
Damn, there goes that idea. I think I have a beggar stashed somewhere willing to follow me, will have to dig him up and see if he will do. Still exploring an area I neglected a bit, so will probably be exploring the rest of the night. Discovered I want a screen shot of that fairy ring near Bilegulch Mine so will see how the PC goes. I already killed all those Boethiah worshippers off a few times, they can wait till tomorrow for the third and final attempt.

Edit - My first screenshot. just had to capture that little bit of developer whimsy, because I cannot imagine it actually served a purpose. One night I might stake it out just to see if anything strange does go on there. And I can play the game fine on high settings, but I had to lower my screen resolution down to 1024 x 640.

The colours actually look much more vibrant on the Xbox 360, maybe it is my monitor, but the console games always seem to look better than the PC versions.

Last edited by aussie500; 05-03-12 at 11:43.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 13:20   #3974
Caesum

I'd rather say it must be something with your TV. This screen looks completely like in my game(except settings).
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 21:27   #3975
moodydog

has anyone played the elsweyr mod? Its absolutely gorgeous.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...738&searchtext
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 22:44   #3976
larafan25

Previously the Anvil? I don't think I've even found that place yet.

So much left to find, I need to sneak into the "war room" in Markarth and steal some locations.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 23:16   #3977
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Previously the Anvil? I don't think I've even found that place yet.

So much left to find, I need to sneak into the "war room" in Markarth and steal some locations.
I never found any maps that interesting in the game. My solution to the exploration problem was to take Shadowmere down to Falkreath an area under explored on my map, and chase down all those map markers that appear as you travel. There was one I was meant to be aiming for, I ended up discovering lots of new locations, much faster than foot travel but more inconvenient when fighting. Now how do I get rid of this horse? He appears to be indestructible, having a horse along ruins your chance of sneaking up on anyone. He is so smart he should come with a sneak mode if he is meant to be an assassin's mount.
Old 05-03-12, 23:21   #3978
larafan25

My issue is that I don't like exploring the snowy areas because I feel cold and sad, so I end up finding most of what I think can be found in the less snowy areas.

Last time I played I was just roaming around looking for caves, but I ended up talking to some sranger who was going to a wedding and taking valuable gifts. I shouldn't have said I'd take them, because then I had to chase him all of the Eastern end of Skyrim, which I when I wished I had a horse. :/
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 02:57   #3979
aussie500
Golden

The Oghma Infinium actually increases skill levels! I read that book twice and it did nothing, third time it does something and vanishes! I went back and saved it so I can play with the book, I can get the upgrades and keep the book, but cannot convince it to give me a second batch of upgrades. Magic seems to be the way to go, more skills to upgrade. I hardly ever use magic, and getting those skills to 100 is being a right pain. But I want to level up before using the book. So close and yet so far, I have been on level 66 for ages, all the easy skills I seem to have maxed out.

Edit
I settled on Cosnach the drunk from Markarth for the sacrifice. He will be challenging me to no more fist fights. Tried one of my assassins first just to be sure, but jackali was right, you could not get them to do it.

Edit 2
Obviously doing the Whispering Lady quest before the Boethiah's Calling quest would have been a better idea. How was I to know they would hide one of these daedric quests in the miscellaneous quest list? Would not have noticed it except I am looking for that last wretched unusual gem so going through the whole quest list. I am not going to go back and do it all again just to give that ebony blade a drink.

Last edited by aussie500; 06-03-12 at 08:57.
Old 06-03-12, 14:22   #3980
daventry

Smile

Is anyone a Modder or a Member at the Nexus Forum
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote