Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 20-02-18, 10:35   #71
TR-Freak
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
There is a way to keep Lara young forever... with an immortality artefact.
She already owns one.
she could stab a knife into her heart aswell, dragons are said to live very long you know
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 08:54   #72
Boobandie

She has a Philosopher's stone, so she has the elixir of life. She's 27 forever, maybe a couple of years older if it took her a little bit to figure out how it works.

I wonder if she's keeping Winston alive and rejuvenating him with it as well. He is definitely less doddery in Chronicles than he was in TR2/3.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 08:58   #73
Revenge

Tbh if we assume Core Lara is a descendant of the Nephilim like early AoD ideas suggest, it's possible she's just immortal and she'll be young forever ^^
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 09:53   #74
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
Tbh if we assume Core Lara is a descendant of the Nephilim like early AoD ideas suggest, it's possible she's just immortal and she'll be young forever ^^
What? Where was this suggested?
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 09:55   #75
Reggie

Has no children but runs an academy for aspiring young adventurers. Perhaps affiliated with the Duke of Edinburgh award. Not a professor but continues to write books and tour the world/campuses holding talks about her adventures and working with research teams. Has a YouTube channel which is mostly comprised of GoPro footage of her travels and factual resources on hiking and vehicle maintenance.

Typical example:

Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 10:41   #76
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
What? Where was this suggested?
Murti's documents. It's one of the many ideas that never made it to the final game.

If Lara were immortal from Nephilim ancestry though then surely her ancestors on that side would be immortal as well. I wonder if it was her mother or father... we know of only a few of Core Lara's relatives.

Her father Lord Henshingly Croft
Her mother Lady Andrea Croft
Her cousin Melissa Carter (from her mothers side)
Her aunt with the corgis and job as a teacher
Her great aunt who willed her the manor in Surrey

Granted that's more family members than in Crystals' version but we still don't know exactly where they are placed and what they are doing now (aside from her late great aunt). Lara may even have siblings, there's no mention of her being an only child and it was initially floated that Melissa would be her sister so Core were open to the idea of siblings. It does seem strange that Henshingly and Andrea would only have one child.

Last edited by Boobandie; 21-02-18 at 10:44.
Old 21-02-18, 12:17   #77
redfox45

Busy training her protégé
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 12:31   #78
robm_2007

@Boobandie: Where is her mother named Andrea? Those documents, and/or comics, I assume? (Since I've never heard reference of her having a first name apart from Crystal's Amelia and new film's Lindsey *shudders*).

Last edited by robm_2007; 21-02-18 at 12:33.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 14:55   #79
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 12-08-20 at 06:21.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 22:37   #80
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
@Boobandie: Where is her mother named Andrea? Those documents, and/or comics, I assume? (Since I've never heard reference of her having a first name apart from Crystal's Amelia and new film's Lindsey *shudders*).
Her mothers name features in The first Medusa Mask comic. While it uses a slightly different backstory, with her parents being in the plane crash at 21, I believe it to be the most likely canon name for her mother for two reasons. Henshingly is named correctly, so they were getting information from Core. And secondly Andrea was the name Core used to name the Rome section in TR5, being the name of one of the developers or someone important to one, so it makes sense they would name a minor character like Lara's mother after the same person.