Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-08-10, 05:35   #1
M.A.

Default Help me find the title of this movie?

If there is a specific thread for this or if I'm considered spamming, please pardon me.

Anyway, I posted this question on Yahoo Answers. Then thought about the great hive mind of TRF froumers and decided to try my luck. So here's the question:

What is the name of this thriller movie?

Saw this movie on TV a LONG time ago (time span 1990 - 2000 - ish). If I'm not mistaken it's a about a young man who was given up for adoption by his mother. He found his mother, now married with a teenage son, living in a still renovated house in a middle of a snowy setting. The family accepted the young man but for some reason I couldn't remember decided to go Jack Nicholson on them. Memorable scenes - the mother and father try to escape via the garbage chute, but the man somehow set a fireball down the chute. The mother survived, landing first into the garbage container and got out. But the father was burned alive as he did not get out in time. The finale - The mother and the man was standing on a renovation platform high atop the living room (foyer?). The man's back is facing a humongous fan. The teenage son crawled behind the fan, gave a signal to his mother to duck, turned on the fan and dumped a bucket full of nails into the fan. The man turned around, got nailed () and fell to his death.

So anybody got an idea of the title of the movie? Been searching for a long time for this.
M.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-10, 20:30   #2
snork

I don't know, but won't they love this (and maybe know the answer, too) at mythbusters ?
snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-10, 21:28   #3
RunrigNutter

Ha good one I watch mythbusters a lot D
RunrigNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-10, 21:58   #4
Tonyrobinson

I remember seeing one when I was really young and it always stuck in my mind. It's this woman and a daughter or other girl who is brushing her hair or something through a mirror and the moter says you are beautiful or something along those lines and her faces morphs into this really scary face. It always gave me nightmares but not that I'm older I'd quite like to watch it.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-10, 00:41   #5
Shark_Blade

That sounds interesting but I don't know what movie it is. If you do found out on yahoo answers, please post and share with us here MA.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 01:42   #6
M.A.

Found it. I threw IMDB Keyword search a gazillion of keywords just to find this movie. And the magic keyword that lead to it? - "Jacuzzi" Can't post it to Yahoo Answers since it's expired, but thought I posted it here for general knowledge...

The movie is Natural Enemy (1997) starring Donald Sutherland, William McNamara and Lesley Ann Warren.

A businessman (Donald Sutherland) has a hotshot young new partner (William McNamara). What he doesn't realise is that his new partner is the son of his second wife, adopted into an abusive family at birth and now a raving psychopath out to murder his natural mother for whom he blames the miseries of his lifetime.

Years of Google searching.... damn...
M.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 05:45   #7
Shark_Blade

Awesome. Thanks for sharing M.A. *takes note*
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote