Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 20-01-12, 09:21   #2781
RoxasKennedy

Is there an official solution or something for error: "invalid literal for int <> with base 10" ?

Last edited by RoxasKennedy; 20-01-12 at 09:28.
RoxasKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 15:42   #2782
XNAaraL

Default Blender script -- invalid literal for int <> with base 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasKennedy View Post
Is there an official solution or something for error: "invalid literal for int <> with base 10" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Quote:
Does anyone know what causes the error "invalid literal for int () with base 10" error while importing the .mesh.ascii?
Yes.

Wrong "Bone counter" http://normankosmal.com/wordpress/?p=33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenus View Post
I wanted to import model with bones (and maybe try to get simple animation :P), but I failed... Or actually Blender failed. Every model .mesh is not loading in script window I see after tries this code (with little changes of last thing in '', different to every model this is):
Code:
XNAaraL v1.4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Hiddenus\Dane aplikacji\Blender Fundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\ImportMeshAsciiExtended.py", line 47, in Import
boneCount = SkipBones(file, filename)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Hiddenus\Dane aplikacji\Blender Fundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\ImportMeshAsciiExtended.py", line 69, in SkipBones
boneCount = int(ReadLineIgnoreComments(file))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '\xef'
I dunno how to put it... But one thing I can say simplest as possible. Help!

============ german translation ===========
http://www.python-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24342

XPS since version 10.5 and the Blender exporter since version 2.1 solve this problem automatical http://*************************/f4-xps-xnalara-news

Last edited by XNAaraL; 20-01-12 at 15:50.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 17:44   #2783
RoxasKennedy

Well, I know for bone counts and everything, but I think the model I'm trying to import in Blender is perfectly fine. But I can't convert it with any version of GeMeshAsciiExt, and I can't open the .mesh.ascii I make in the newer version, since it gives out an error. The model in question is "Lara Croft Silent Hill" by Assassins, so you may check the model out if there ARE errors, or it's just me.
Old 22-01-12, 15:52   #2784
XNAaraL

Exclamation This upload are not supported

Quote:
But I can't convert it with any version of GeMeshAsciiExt
GeMeshAsciiExt is not a converter, it is a Blender input script.
Quote:
and I can't open the .mesh.ascii I make in the newer version, since it gives out an error.
Perhaps this error:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamilM_93 View Post
[IMG]http://i41.************/j8edr7.png[/IMG]
For a time, reads the model. The two already this error
?
Quote:
Well, I know for bone counts and everything, but I think the model I'm trying to import in Blender is perfectly fine. The model in question is "Lara Croft Silent Hill" by Assassins, so you may check the model out if there ARE errors, or it's just me.
In my opininion, nothing are fine. The solution is here:
Quote:
It is not a error message. It is a exclamation. "This upload are not supported".

Some people claim that XPS does not supported models in the old XNALara format.
For these people I realized also that request.
"This upload are not supported".
Use the base model, and all works fine.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 22-01-12 at 15:54.
Old 22-01-12, 17:30   #2785
RoxasKennedy

Quote:
Perhaps this error:
?
Actually, it's this error:
[IMG]http://i41.************/erz8na.png[/IMG]

Quote:
In my opinion, nothing are fine.
Well, I wasn't really telling that this model is perfect, I was just saying that I don't think it has any serious errors. XD

Quote:
The solution is here:
Use the base model, and all works fine.
Soooo Assassins is on your "unsupported" list or something?
Does that mean you won't help me out just because it's his model?
Old 26-01-12, 10:07   #2786
Camel70

Sup this is my 1st post on TRF, i luv everything associated with Lara's of course but actually what brought me here was XNAlara

So after months enjoying all the models from you guys, and many others, i decided to do somethign else and started learning how to use Blender with your models to add or remove gear, like hair, dresses, glasses, shoes, pants, weapons, decorations, etc.
I had some issues with lightmaps but i saw a graphic tutorial from "someone" (ill credit later) and usually i have no problem removing gear and leaving the model without "blackspots" thanks to lightmaps tutorials.

Thats the most basic kind of modification i guess, well now i expected to go further, adding bones, a whole armature, rigging an OBJ. or ASCII model (why would i do that?) cuz sometimes models doesnt have a complete armature specially in the head, in the face area (no bones for eyes, mouth, nose, ears, eyebrowns).

Found out that its much more difficult than i thought, and thats the point of my next request...

¿HOW do you make poseable a face? let me explain myself... Im trying to rigg models which have already armature, but without many useful face bones so they cant move their eyes or mouth or eyelids.

I thought "lets use the boneweight copy tutorial" but the models im talking about have a solid face, uhhh ¿mesh? sorry i need to get familiar with terms
The face of those models, doesnt have individual (separated) eyelids, eyebrowns, eyelash and i added bones in that areas, then CTRL+P in blender (make parent, from bone heat) with the mesh selected and still doesnt work.

I did the same creating eyelashes (select vertices, everything i need for the eyelash and then uhh Extrude or copy, something like that) from the head mesh, and the result is just a new piece with movement but doesnt have the kind of movement i want, it goes up and down, to all directions with the help of the new bone but is not attached to the face itself so its like a weird piece with movement in the face.

¿What do i have to do? i watched a lot of blender tutorials and some were quite helpful and my problem still there, some of the videos maybe are useless for what i want (blender moddin to xnalara) anyway...

Dunno if weight paiting is necesary in some way, or a modifier that makes eyebrowns, eyelids move without bones related directly to them.

OH JESUS... i saw em!! the bones for those areas!!!!

aww sorry for all this guys, they were so tiny... anyway i still dont understand some things with these bones, like why are they in the same place even when we are talking bout 3 bones?? three of them in the same point. Why not splitedd or with a little space between them?

And why they move the model, the eyelid or eyelash the way they do being all together in the same place??

And what should i do with a model without eyelids, eyebrowns, with no such meshes like cartoon models with a limited skeleton that moves the body, the arms, legs, fingers and neck and the face has nothing.

Resumeee....

1- Models without bones in their face mesh, so they cant move eyes, eyelid, cheks, lips, blabla...
2- Models without bones and a moving piece in the face, just an entire solid piece, even when i separate the mesh into pieces or materials i just get one piece, sometimes i get eyes and tongue but no eyelids.

is there any tutorial to create totally new meshes from a model and then rigg the new mesh to create movement and finally to XNAlara??

Quote:
[IMG]http://i43.************/2dkhaud.jpg[/IMG]
This one is Alice (forgot who xtracted her, i think it was fil's)

next pictures just link, i forgot how to link just a small preview

http://i42.************/5301t5.jpg
as we can see, just a head and nothing else there.

http://i40.************/5frhg6.jpg
This is a female model which have bones behind the eyes, the yellow spot (bone) is for the eyelids. I discovered this today lol.

http://i42.************/ohiszb.jpg

http://i44.************/16l0nqp.jpg
Theres is only a spot again...¿how can this move three different parts or even more??

[IMG]http://i41.************/2a6nkeq.jpg[/IMG]
Well thats it, sorry for any trouble and dunno if this is the right place for nubish questions i just want to understand what im doing and how the models work on blender & xnalara. If i succed i surely rigg those disney fishes or piggies and OBJ models i got from the web (will take a long time lol).

AND MUST OF ALL... AN APOLOGIZE AND BIG SORRY FOR THE DISGUSTING ENGLISH I HAVE :P

¡Gracias!
Camel70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 10:28   #2787
XNAaraL

Default How to make a poseable face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel70 View Post
Wie mache ich ein Gesicht beweglich?

HOW do you make poseable a face? ..
I thought "lets use the boneweight copy tutorial" but the models im talking about have a solid face, uhhh ¿mesh? sorry i need to get familiar with terms

Dunno if weight paiting is necesary in some way, or a modifier that makes eyebrowns, eyelids move without bones related directly to them.

OH JESUS... i saw em!! the bones for those areas!!!!

I still dont understand some things with these eyelids bones, like why are they in the same place even when we are talking bout 3 bones?? three of them in the same point. Why not splitedd or with a little space between them?

Is there any tutorial to create totally new meshes from a model and then rigg the new mesh to create movement and finally to XNAlara??

AND MUST OF ALL... AN APOLOGIZE AND BIG SORRY FOR THE DISGUSTING ENGLISH I HAVE :P

¡Gracias!
Your english is very well but you can also made a short question in english language and write the "big part" in spanish I translate it

Making a face poseable is not easy. I try to write a instruction this weekend.
Look also here: Making a static model poseable - with face expression's

You can found a complete professional tutorial here: http://media.wiley.com/product_data/...0470102608.pdf
Usted puede encontrar una clase particular paso a paso completa aquí http://media.wiley.com/product_data/...0470102608.pdf

=============== german language ======
Ich werde versuchen die Fragen am Wochenende zu erklären

========== español =============
Quiero agradecerles todas las preguntas que me han formulado y voy a procurar responderlas todas; de hecho, ya respondí a algunas ayer.

Tampoco resulta fácil entender cómo funcionaría el mecanismo con los ejemplos que figuran en este párrafo.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 27-01-12 at 13:46.
Old 28-01-12, 07:55   #2788
Camel70

ty XNAral

I just wanted to figure out why many models have eyelashes, eyebrows and eyelid bones almost hidden but mostly, exactly in the same area, why moders join those bones in the same place?? why not separated?? (like the screenshots).

And yes im trying to rigg faces, in fact some models extracted by mariokartn from Disney and other cartoon series, like Alice
The problem is that this models doesnt have separated meshes in the head area, just a big unique head mesh, no eyeballs, no eyelids, thats a shame but i guess thats the way they came from the videogame or something. So the only solution is to create a totally new eye or eyelid right???

I must learn the sculpture mode, the deform mesh technic picking faces, vertex and deforming and then i suppose, add bones and weight to the new mesh.

meanwhile im gonna learn from ur links

oh one more thing, do you know why sometimes when i load a model in blender the window "UV image editor " doesnt show correctly the mesh selection with the image?? i mean... the selection is out of the picture, out of the texture image and the only way i know to correct this, is to use the option called "layout clipped to image size" and then move it to the image. Why this happen?

sorry for big long posts
Camel70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 16:29   #2789
XNAaraL

Default Face rigging and skinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel70 View Post
  1. Why many models have eyelashes, eyebrows and eyelid bones almost hidden but mostly, exactly in the same area.
    Warum liegen bei manchen Modellen die Knochen in Blender exact übereinander? Zum Beispiel: Augen-, und ober/unter-Lid-Knochen?
  2. Some models. like the Tomb Raider GoL character, doesnt have separated meshes in the head area, just a big unique head mesh, no eyeballs, no eyelids. Why?
    Warum haben zum Beispiel die original Tombraider GoL Modelle keine beweglichen Gesichter? Oftmals fehlen die Augenbrauen oder der Innen-Mund. Oder der Augen bestehen nur aus der sichtbaren Oberfläche und sind mit dem übrigen Gesicht festverbunden. Warum?
  3. I must learn the sculpture mode, the deform mesh technic picking faces, vertex and deforming and then i suppose, add bones and weight to the new mesh. Meanwhile im gonna learn from ur links
    Ich sollte wohl digitale Modellieren und Verformen, und Knochengewichtung erlernen
  4. Sometimes when i load a model in blender the window "UV image editor " doesnt show correctly the mesh selection with the image?? i mean... the selection is out of the picture, out of the texture imag. Why this happen?
    Warum ist manchmal die UV-Map ausserhalb des Texture-Bildes?
  1. The most game engines, like XNA, store only the position of the link and has no entries for the direction and the length of a bone. The bones of the eyelids and eyeballs must be at the same position. See also 3th bullet. When you load the model into Blender, the importer has no information about the length and direction. So he draws the bones in a default length and direction. Because the position is the same, all the bones are aligned on the same location.
    Wie mein nächstes Tutorial (Siehe 3. Aufzählung) zeigt müssen einige Knochen den gleichen "Drehpunkt" haben (Wie z.B. die Zeiger der Analoguhr). Leider speichern viele Dateiformate, u.a. das .mesh Format, nur den "Drehpunkt" des Gelenkes ab und nicht die Ausrichtung und die Länge des Knochens. Der Blender Importer fehlt somit diese Information. Er zeichnet also die Knochen übereinander. Mein Tutorial wird zeigen, wie der Modellierer dieses verhinden kann.
  2. If the game not need face expressions animation, the modeler do not waste the time for making this time intensive rigging and skinning for the head. Time is money. The most models for XNALara are a illegal extracting from a video game.
    Die meisten Modelle für XNA sind (illegale) Risse aus einem Computerspiel. Wenn das Spiel keine Gesichtanimationen benötigt, dann ist für den Modellierer eine Zeit- und Geld-Verschwendung diese Aufwendigen Möglichkeiten in die Modelle einzubauen.
  3. How to add poseable eyelids and eyeballs? I make a tutorial next day. Mañana
    Morgen erstelle ich eine Anleitung zum Erstellen von beweglichen Augenlieder und Augen.
  4. Maybe wrong rip out from a video game? In this case, I select the uv map and move the uv map inside the image. Example: Move the uv map 512 pixel horizontal. Key hits: g x 512
    Ich kenne diese fehlerhaft exportierten Modelle. Oftmals mit dem DX-Ripper gerissen. In solchen Fällen genügt es die UV-Map innerhalb des Texture-Bildes zu schieben. Mit der Blender Tastenfolge g x 512 wird die UV-Map um 512 Pixel in X-Richtung nach rechts geschoben.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 28-01-12 at 16:55.
Old 29-01-12, 18:04   #2790
XNAaraL

Lightbulb How to make poseable eyeballs.

Die Augen von 3D Modellen beweglich machen. -- How to make poseable eyeballs?
Bones are used for shifting models and making them posable.
Look also here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender...b_to_Pro/Bones

Or read How to "weight paint" a human body - part 1 and part 2 Thanks @Love2Raid

Zielgruppe: -- Difficulty:
  • Anfänger -- Beginner

Vorkenntnisse: -- Prior knowledge:
Zeitbedarf: -- Time needed:
  • 6 Minuten -- 6 minutes

Häufige Missgeschicke: -- Frequent mistakes:
  1. Die Augen interagieren nicht mit dem Menüpunk "Look into cam" --> Falsche Knochennamen -- Available pose files don't work correctly. Wrong bone names.
  2. Das Spiegeln von Posen funktioniert nicht --> Namen der Knochen beinhalten Grossbuchstaben -- menu item mirror pose does not work ==> bone names contains upper case letters.
  3. Nach dem Re-Importieren des Modells in Blender fehlen die Augenknochen --> Keine "unused helper bones" Missing eye bones after re import into Blender ==> The armature contains no "unused helper" bones to determine the direction and length of the eye bones.
  4. Die Augen treten beim "Posen" aus den Augenhöhlen. --> Falscher Rotations punkt (Bone Joint) -- Eyes clipping the head during poses. ==> Incorrect rotation point for the bone joint.

Schritt für Schritt Anleitung: -- Step by step instructions:

1. Das Modell in Blender laden -- Import the model into Blender using MeshAsciiExt
und mit der Tabulator Taste in den Edit-Modus wechseln. Wechselt mit der Taste Z in die Drahtgitter-Ansicht.

- Sind wie in diesem Falle die Augen als Halbkugeln oder als Kugeln sichtbar, dann weiter mit Schritt 5.
- Fehlen die Augäpfel, dann weiter zu dem 2. Schritt.

2. Die Augen öffnen. -- Prepare the model
Die Hornhaut des Auges muss durchsichtig sein. Dazu ist es nötig diese Flächen des Modells zu löschen oder als neuer Mesh-Part mit einer Rendergruppe mit transparenz zu versehen.
zBsp: 23_ 7_ oder 29_
If some faces cover the eyeballs, then this part need a requires a transparency. This requires a separate mesh part. Use for this part any render group with Alpha equal Yes. For example 23_ 7_ or 29_ Of course, you can also delete this part.

- Selektiere alle Flächen der Hornhaut und trenne sie als neuen Meshpart mit der Taste Parent. Der Menüpunkt ist Blender-->EditMode-->Mesh-->Vertices-->Separate -- Separate the faces using the hotkey Parent, or use the menu item Blender-->EditMode-->Mesh-->Vertices-->Separate

- Im Object Modus von Blender selektieren wir die herausgetrennten Flächen und benennen sie um in z.B. 7_eyeReflection -- Rename the new blender object to something like B]7_eyeReflection[/B], by select the part using the object mode

3. Augäpfel (Glaskörper) hinzufügen. -- Add eyeballs.
- Sicherheitshalber mit Schift+S und Cursor to Selection im Object Modus den 3D Cursor richtig positionieren. Alle Mesh Parts müssen im Mittelpunkt der Grundfläche zentriert sein! -- Be careful, Meinten Sie: Be careful, each mesh part must be anchored in the center of the ground plane! Always select a existing part using the object mode and hit Schift+S and Cursor to Selection

- Mit Add-->Mesh-->UV-Sphere eine Kugel erzeugen -- Add-->Mesh-->UV-Sphere create a new ball object

- Mit Tab in den Edit Modus wechseln und die Kugel
-- Verkleinern: s 0.025
-- An die korrekte position verschieben: g z 1.6 und g x 0.04
-- So drehen, dass die Pole nach vorne zeigen: r x 90
-- Feinjustieren mit der Hornhaut als Referenz. -- Adjust the eyeballs.
-- Die hintere Halbkugel löschen.
-- UV-Map erstellen: u-->project from view -- Create a uv map
-- Mesh part mit einer Rendergroupe versehen -- Do not forget the prefix for the render group.
5_eyeball

4. Material zuordnen: -- Assign a new material
Im Object Modus mit Assign im Material-Reiter und F5, F6, Add New, Image
F5 - Map Input - UV ein neues Material erzeugen.
4. Assign a new material
We need to ensure that the mesh part exports with a material using the object mode.
Highlight your entire mesh (a) and hit Assign for that new material.
Now that we have a new material, we need to give it a texture to use. So to do that, we need to go to Shading (F5)

Then Texture Buttons (F6), Add New, Type: Image, then hit Load. Any image here will do, you can change it later.
F5 - Map Input - UV

5. Knochen erzeugen: -- Add a new bone.
Der Drehpunkt für das Auge sollte möglichst genau im Zentrum liegen! -- Of course, the bone joint should be exactly in the center of the ball.

- Selektiert 2 Punkte, welche auf dem Durchmesser gegenüberliegen -- For this purpose, select two opposite points.
- Positioniert den Cursor mit Shift+S Cursor to selection -- Center the cursor with Shift+S Cursor to selection

- Zurück in den Objektmodus und das Skelett (Armature) selektieren. Taste Tabulator. -- Switch to the edit mode and select the armature.
- Wieder in den Editmodus( Tabulator Taste). Und alles deselektieren (Taste A)
- Und mit "Leertaste" (Space Bar) einen Knochen erzeugen. -- Create a new bone with "Spca bae"-->add bone

- Den Knochen richtig benennen head eyeball left und als Parent den head neck upper bone wählen. -- Important: Use the right XNALara bone name. For example head eyeball left and reparent it to the head neck upper bone

Tipp: Damit nach dem Re-Importieren die Ausrichtung des Knochens nicht verloren geht: -- To determine the length and direction:
- Selektiert den Ball am Ende des head eyeball left -- Selects the small ball at the end of the head left eyeball bone and
- Mit der Taste E (Extrude) einen neuen unused eyeball left helper Knochen ziehen. -- Extrude a second bone. Prefix it with "unused" so it will not appear on the application XNALara.

6. Augen beweglich machen. -- Make the eyeball poseable
- Im Objekt Modus Das Mesh und dann die Armature wählen. -- Select the eye ball and the armature
- Mit Strg+P verbinden (Nur für Blender Tests nötig) -- Hit P to combine the new mesh part with the armature. On this way, you can later test the posing inside Blender.

Es genügt ein Hard-Skinning -- You don't need to make a weight painting. The eyes follow the bone without any deforming.
- Das Auge wählen und im Editmodus alles selektieren. -- Use the Edit Mode and select all vertices
- Bei Vertex Group den richtigen Knochen wählen -- Locate the vertex group and hit the assign button.
- Assign Drücken

7. Testen -- Ready for testing

Last edited by XNAaraL; 30-01-12 at 09:09.