Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-04-14, 12:19   #1651
ozzman

i'm finding a good bit of matches on the PS4, problem is, Not staying in the match because almost every time we switch rounds, i get a "server lost message"
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-14, 15:59   #1652
wanderer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
But what I mean is that you can't blame them for releasing DLC maps since in most multiplayer games DLC maps are played quite frequently.
just because many people do it still does not change it from being a bad idea. DLC maps are a bad idea. in the same way having DLC game modes are a bad idea. as a developer+publisher you WANT people to play your game, your work. more people playing your game is for YOUR interest, YOUR benefit and profit; it gets you better business in the future. building up a system that divides your gamers into smaller groups that die out faster IS A BAD IDEA. it shows other people your game has a short life, NOT a good thing for a developer.

all the extra maps could very well change people's mind about it being a poor MP game to average or good. the new maps could and WOULD keep things fresh and exciting, in a way that 5 maps cannot. in a business sense it is better to release the DLC maps as a free game update on whatever platform, and earn the DLC money from skins. alternate costumes and colors for all the characters, + 3 or 4 alternate costumes for the main character Lara. not only that, but release more DLC weapons that are comparable or slightly better than the weapons you earn for free in the game.
the current game isn't too bad, i personally would only criticize about them releasing maps as DLC, and using random matchmaking rather than dedicated servers. and don't say other games release DLC too. there is a much bigger list of games that does not release DLC but does a far better job of keeping its players.
wanderer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-14, 14:18   #1653
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer7 View Post
just because many people do it still does not change it from being a bad idea. DLC maps are a bad idea. in the same way having DLC game modes are a bad idea. as a developer+publisher you WANT people to play your game, your work. more people playing your game is for YOUR interest, YOUR benefit and profit; it gets you better business in the future. building up a system that divides your gamers into smaller groups that die out faster IS A BAD IDEA. it shows other people your game has a short life, NOT a good thing for a developer.
You don't understand what I mean. I don't know what other multiplayer games beside TR you're playing but it seems that they don't have many players and a similar broken matchmaking system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer7 View Post
all the extra maps could very well change people's mind about it being a poor MP game to average or good. the new maps could and WOULD keep things fresh and exciting, in a way that 5 maps cannot. in a business sense it is better to release the DLC maps as a free game update on whatever platform, and earn the DLC money from skins. alternate costumes and colors for all the characters, + 3 or 4 alternate costumes for the main character Lara. not only that, but release more DLC weapons that are comparable or slightly better than the weapons you earn for free in the game.
the current game isn't too bad, i personally would only criticize about them releasing maps as DLC, and using random matchmaking rather than dedicated servers. and don't say other games release DLC too. there is a much bigger list of games that does not release DLC but does a far better job of keeping its players.
DLC maps don't divide the player base if the multiplayer is executed in the right way. The majority of the playlists in Halo 4 only use the standard maps. It's not possible to play them with the DLC maps unless you create a private match and use the same settings for the play modes as in the playlists. When the DLC map packs came out, the match making was updates with new playlists specifically for the DLC maps. Those playlists aren't avaible anymore but by now the match making system is updates every few weeks or months and there are new playlists, both for the standard and the DLC maps. So the player base isn't divided since for example if you search for Slayer game lobbies (the most famous playlist in Halo), only the standard maps will be used.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-14, 18:41   #1654
ozzman

just playing multi this morning and recorded this video, hope it works for you
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...r&notif_t=like
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 16:16   #1655
Matie

Great video, it's nice to see Lara there with a proper hair, the moving gear would annoy me a little though.

This reminds me... I don't know how it is on consoles in terms of abusing glitches and stuff, but on PC people are really determined to break the game. Cheaters are one thing, but when there are these bugs you can abuse, even those who hate cheaters go on and do it in the worst ways. There's also a huge flaw of the game on PC I won't name, I don't want to advertise more ways of killing the fun. Even those who used to be fair players started doing it, all this stuff gives them an unfair advantage over others, and they know it's not supposed to happen, yet they still do it. It makes me super annoyed. The MP is bad enough because of all the bugs and glitches, and people are deliberately making it worse.

It's also disgusting when those who would be good enough players otherwise, go get the superweapon and spawncamp newbies. They also go up to the enemy spawn, even if it's a 4 vs 2 to their advantage. Well done idiot, you can camp newbies with OP guns *clap* *clap*.

A few days ago I turned on the DLC maps and surprisingly, I managed to find a team deathmatch with new players. It was really fun and refreshing, no silencers, no going up on spawn, no other unfair crap, it was really cool. Like in the first few months when players didn't abuse glitches all the time.

I wish the developers cared about their game, because it's really a lot of fun, but all this is killing it all. It's just sad and I'm extremely disappointed.
[/rant]
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 17:13   #1656
sierra xb

^ i know what you mean, matie...it is totally pathetic to see what some people will do for the sake of a higher killscore. Some of these people are so selfish that they dont care that they ruin the game experience for everyone else. As a console player, i rarely if ever see any of the cheats that are so common on the pc, but yes, people do exploit the glitches when they can. The main thing i have seen alot more of recently is this thing about getting into an enemy spawn area. When i was playing mp all of the time (in the days before skyrim), i only saw maybe one or two players even trying to do it, but now when i am playing, it seems that every time it can happen, it DOES happen, and lots of people are doing it.

Out of all of the maps, there is only one place where i could be accused of camping, and that is on the tower at the beach. I dont do it for any other reason but to keep enemies from using the tower as a sniping point. It doesnt even help my killscore out as i tend to get fewer kills doing that than anywhere else. What i dont do there is gang up with a bunch of other prestige level players like i have seen some people do on a regular basis. If someone else is already holding the tower, i'll go wander off and make myself useful at another location.
sierra xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 18:01   #1657
ComplexRogue7

I am guilty of sniping from the tower Sierra - especially in the early days with a team of prestiges up there. Thankfully L.C has taught me I don't need to hide behind a team of prestige players every time I play and now I'm often on by myself though I do still use the top of the tower as a sniping point with my bow I don't have others up there with me. Sorry if I have ever been a PITA x
ComplexRogue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 18:12   #1658
sierra xb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComplexRogue7 View Post
I am guilty of sniping from the tower Sierra - especially in the early days with a team of prestiges up there. Thankfully L.C has taught me I don't need to hide behind a team of prestige players every time I play and now I'm often on by myself though I do still use the top of the tower as a sniping point with my bow I don't have others up there with me. Sorry if I have ever been a PITA x
well sniping from the tower is totally acceptable, since that is what it was designed for. Ive done it quite a few times myself, which is why i dont like to let anyone from the other team up there. But as you noticed, the problem is when an entire group of prestige 3's take over the tower. Unless you are VERY good with a bow, it is nearly impossible to get them off of it. I can see an ideal situation of one decent marksman on the tower, one person on the lower platform to watch their back, and let the other two teammates wander around the map picking off the enemy

btw, i dont recall ever having any problems with the way you play so no worries
sierra xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 22:57   #1659
b.gluch

for all PS4 players how is the MP? Can you still find matches? I'm planning on getting it this summer and I want to unlock all trophies because I hate having things missing
b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-14, 02:42   #1660
ComplexRogue7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
btw, i dont recall ever having any problems with the way you play so no worries
Awesome, thank you
ComplexRogue7 is offline   Reply With Quote