Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 12-07-18, 01:17   #1
GabrielCroft

Default Multiple sounds, same objects

Hi

In multiple levels, for example, I have a tiger in dog slot for level 1 and a dog in dog slot for level 2. There is sounds for the tiger and for the dog, but they are the same files and for the same dog slot. How can I keep them divided for level 1 and 2? Can I do some trick for this?

Thank you.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 06:13   #2
Joey79100

What method are you using when working with sounds? Depending on that you have several ways to do this "permanently*.

Otherwise, if you prefer something easy, the most straightforward solution is to replace the sound files before compiling the level.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 11:24   #3
A_De

This is quite easy when having a separate sounds.txt for each level/wad, i.e. I have sounds_lvl1.txt for 1-st level and sounds_lvl2.txt for 2-nd level. In those text files the same sound line have different samples names. Sapper's TRLE sound editor manages separate text files with ease, once you get how it works you won't wish to touch the default sounds.txt anymore
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 13:11   #4
PedroTheGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
This is quite easy when having a separate sounds.txt for each level/wad, i.e. I have sounds_lvl1.txt for 1-st level and sounds_lvl2.txt for 2-nd level. In those text files the same sound line have different samples names. Sapper's TRLE sound editor manages separate text files with ease, once you get how it works you won't wish to touch the default sounds.txt anymore
Yeah,worked for me thanks
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 20:38   #5
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
What method are you using when working with sounds? Depending on that you have several ways to do this "permanently*.

Otherwise, if you prefer something easy, the most straightforward solution is to replace the sound files before compiling the level.
Thanks, but this was the method I wanted to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Thank you so much for the tip. I'm using this wonderful tool now, it's very useful! I managed to create a sound file for each level too.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote