Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 07-02-11, 17:53   #1521
Zayr Croft

Exclamation Help me!

Hi guys! Beside me problem help please That it is necessary to do to correct this?

Zayr Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 05:59   #1522
XNAaraL

In this stage, you have apply the armature to the mesh and do some weight painting by parenting the mesh to the armature using a brillant automated technique to apply some initial painting based on Object->Parent->MakeParent==>Create From Bone Heat. Your result is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayr Croft View Post
Hi guys! Beside me problem help please That it is necessary to do to correct this?

Look on page 150 or page 137 (Sticy face )!

You have used the Blender Pose Mode and have move a few bones. Some surfaces will not move along, because the copy function "Bone Weight Copy" or "Bone Heat" has not found some poseable vertices near this one. These non-moving parts we will change.

In this case, i change to Weight Paint Mode. Here i select the ankle bone and set the brush to "Blur" with Weight-Value and Opacity-Value 1.
Then i pose the bone and paint over the wrong parts
[IMG]http://i40.************/20l076x.jpg[/IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step by step some other techniques:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uses Weigth-Paint or Enter the Edit Mode and hit Assign to make it poseable.

Select the "ankle bone" (Pose-Mode or Weight-Paint mode), Enter the Edit-Mode. Select all vertices. Hit assign.

OR
  1. From Object-Mode select the feet mesh
  2. In Edit Mode, deselect all vertices.
  3. Press <L> with the mouse over the feet to select the enitire feet.
  4. In the "Links and Material" panel, select the matching "Vertex Group" (Bone).
  5. Click Assign
[img]http://i50.************/de41gz.jpg[/img]
Done

The best methode: Use "Weight Paint" (Hint: You can use the Assign methode as basis for the painting)
  • In Object Mode, select the feet mesh.
  • Change to Weight Paint Mode.
  • Here, you may select bones in the armature to reveal their weight values on the mesh
  • Disable X-Mirror in the Paint panel, exept your bones end with .L or .R for mirror painting both feets at the same time
  • Clicking paint weight on the mesh for the active bone. Select one bone at time and paint weight on the mesh.
  • Posing the bones to check the changes. Values for the brush can be changed in the Paint panel.
  • You can also use "Blur" wit a value of 1, for perfecting deformations very streamlined to the neighboring vertices.

================== German ==========================

Wechselt in Blender in den Pose-Modus. Bewegt ein paar Knochen. Einige Oberflächen werden sich nicht mitbewegen, weil die Kopier-Funktion "Bone Weight Copy" keine Vertices in dessen Nähe gefunden hat.

Diese nicht beweglichen Teile sind die "no deform vertices" Benutzt Weigth-Paint oder Assign. Macht sie so beweglich:
Im Weight Paint Modus den Fussgelenk-Knochen anwählen, in den Edit-Modus wechseln und den gesamten Fuss selektieren. Dann mit Assign und dem Wert 1 für "Weight" den fuss mit dem Knochen verbinden.
Fertig

Eine Lösung findet ihr hier [IMG]http://i40.************/20l076x_tn.jpg[/IMG] und hier .

Schritt für Schritt ist dieses auch hier im Tutorial über AOD_Lara_Glass_A_XL beschrieben.

More here [IMG]http://i40.************/20l076x_tn.jpg[/IMG] and here .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=173087

Last edited by XNAaraL; 09-02-11 at 12:44.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 09:59   #1523
daventry

Smile How to put Boots onto a Character

This is Actually a Tutorial by XNAaral
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=794
So i decided to Write Most of it in Text.

Open XNALara and load the Alister Model, then press F11 on your Keyboard and save it in the Model Folder as generic_item then close the Program.

Open XNALara and load the Lara Casual Model, then press F11 on your Keyboard and save it in the Model Folder as generic_item then close the Program.

Open Blender and Press A twice, then hit Delete to remove everything inside.

Import the (Alister) generic_item.ascii from the XNALara\Data Folder using the import scripts (found under file - import menu) ImportMeshAsciiExtended

Click on View, then click on Front to view your Character.

CNTRL Wheel: Left/Right - Shift Wheel: Up/Down - Num Keys for Camera Turn.

Right click just below the header above and press split screen, then left click to keep that view.

On the split screen, click on the small block below, then click on outliner and delete the Eyeballs from the Character.

Press Alt Z to Colour the Character, then right click on the Shoes and press Tab

Press A to deselect, then press B twice to make a circle.

Right click and hold the mouse button, then drag it over the belt to make it Yellow.

Right click and press Delete to remove the belt, then press Tab to return to Object Mode and press A to deselect.

Press 2 then Import (Lara Casual)ImportMeshAscii
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

Right click on the Boots and hold in Shift then click on the Pants – Backpack
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

Press F5 then type in Both Borders at Link to Object this: 4_backpack_0.1_0_0 and press Enter.

Press M and press 3 then click ok.

Press A and Delete the rest of the Model, then press 3

Press CNTRL J and Join the Parts, then Press Tab to go to Edit Mode and press A to deselect all.

Press B and hold in the right mouse button, then drag a block around the Backpack and the Pants.

Click with the left mouse button to select the Parts, then delete those vertices.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image003.jpg[/IMG]

Return to Object Mode and press M then press 1 and click Ok

Press 1 again.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image004.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image005.jpg[/IMG]

Hold in the right mouse button and drag a block around the Boot, then click with the left mouse button to make it yellow
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image007.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image008.jpg[/IMG]
Do the same with the other Boot

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image009.jpg[/IMG]

Press Tab and right click on the Shoes, then Hold in Shift and right click on the Pants.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image010.jpg[/IMG]

Press Alt Z to return to Object Mode, then press F9

Right next to Vertex Group, is a Little Window with numbers and a word Mat (Materials) with tiny left/right arrows.

Normally it would say 1 Mat 1 but if it says 2 Mat 1 then theres too many Materials.

Use the little arrows and select the type of Material that looks wrong for the Pants, then hit the small Delete button just below the small window until it says 1 Mat 1.

Hold in Shift and right click on the Boots, then delete the wrong materials for the Boots aswell.

At Link and Materials above Vertex Group, type in the Right Column this: 4_backpack_0.1_0_0 and press Enter.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image011.jpg[/IMG]

Right click on the Pants and go to Edit Mode, then press A and cut the Shoes and Pants to fit the Boots.

Return to Object Mode, then press A twice to deselect all.

Go to the XNALara\Data Folder, then make a New Folder called Man with Boots
Copy meshasciitobin.exe and ModPublisher.exe to the New Model file.

Return to Blender, then Export the Model by using the Export scripts (found under file - Export menu) MeshAscii.Ext(*meshascii) and make your way to the New Model Folder Name at XNALara\Data

In the header at the top left of Blender, type in generic_item then press enter three times and close Blender.

Go to My Computer\Drive\XNALara (Your New Model Folder) then drag the generic_item.mesh.ascii to meshasciitobin.exe and look as it makes your file into a mesh file.

Double click on ModPublisher.exe to make a New Generic Folder with New Files, then Copy that Folder to another destination in XNALara\Data.

Now delete the Old Folder and Load XNALara, then open your New Mod with Boots.

Last edited by daventry; 09-02-11 at 21:35.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 10:45   #1524
Ol.a

@dave
1. Do the boots have a render group?
Open the .ascii in notepad, search for boots, show me the render group.
2. Are the textures of the boots inside the folder???
Ol.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 10:48   #1525
daventry

Exclamation

Yes they do

Last edited by daventry; 09-02-11 at 06:00.
Old 08-02-11, 12:44   #1526
Ol.a

I can't make a tutorial, I am extrelmely busy!
But, as I thought, your problem is that you don't have a render group.
Open the ascii in notepad and:
A. change the line 'boots1' to:
1_boots1_0.1_12_24

B. and the line 'boots2' to:
4_boots2_0.1_0_0

Save, convert to generic_item and your boots will be visible!
Old 08-02-11, 13:11   #1527
daventry

Smile

I just did that with the Lara Casual Folder and then after Converting it to a New Folder, complained that it cant find the Casual Lara EyeBalls.

Last edited by daventry; 08-02-11 at 15:54.
Old 08-02-11, 13:13   #1528
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol.a View Post
But, as I thought, your problem is that you don't have a render group.
Open the ascii in notepad and:
A. change the line 'boots1' to:
1_boots1_0.1_12_24

B. and the line 'boots2' to:
4_boots2

Save, convert to generic_item and your boots will be visible!

BTW: "_0.1_0_0 are the default value. You not need to write this part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol.a View Post
I can't make a tutorial, I am extrelmely busy!
The tutorial are already here "New boots for Alister" -- since long time
daventry have quote the step
Quote:
Press F5 then type in the panel "Link to Objects" this:
4_meshpartname_0.1_0_0

[img]http://i37.************/2m3jz29.jpg[/img]
BTW: Because the tutorial, with step by step images, exist, the MOD exist also

Last edited by XNAaraL; 08-02-11 at 13:53.
Old 08-02-11, 13:31   #1529
Ol.a

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
So after i do my Model and get the Error or whatever, i must make a generic_ascii again, and paste that in and save it.
XNALara ignores the mesh parts that are only one word.
Just change the 'boots' to 1_boots1_0.1_12_24 (for 6 textures)
ans the boots2 to 4_boots2_0.1_0_0 (for 2 textures).

Why you are confused now?
Old 08-02-11, 13:39   #1530
XNAaraL

4_boots2

"_0.1_0_0 are the default value. You not need to write this part