Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-10-13, 19:56   #1741
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camera Obscura View Post
^ Yeah, I get that part, but it all felt very choppy. She walks in, experiences it, abandons the girl to her death, and walks out, all within the span of five minutes.
I can't disagree with that. As much as I like that mannequin creature (I love that it reminds me of Scarlet), it seems to be in the film for no reason at all really.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-13, 21:22   #1742
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
I can't disagree with that. As much as I like that mannequin creature (I love that it reminds me of Scarlet), it seems to be in the film for no reason at all really.
As best I can guess it; the mannequin creature is a monster that is linked to the girl that Heather runs into in the room. I think it was an attempt to show that others can be trapped in the nightmare-ish world of Silent Hill with their own persuers. But, as fans of the series we look for a deeper meaning as we know that Silent Hill manifests itself as a representation of each individual's fears and sub-concious etc; it was suggested in one of the games, I forget which, that what looks like a monster to one person could be a normal person to someone else (In fact come to think of it I think it may have been Leonard to Heather in SH3) so Heather shouldn't have really stumbled across it and it seems disjointed to us but for a Joe Regular who has just watched the movie for a scare it works.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-13, 21:25   #1743
GUMI

I liked the movie the first time I saw it.
The second time was terrible and the movie shouldn't even be called "Silent Hill"

Silent hill my ass.

The movie was the last attempt (for me) to actually find hope in the series.
I was wrong.
I'm over and done, This movie, Named "Revelation" ruined my vision of Silent Hill and SH3!

I will be gladly burning my copy of this movie and watch the terrible RE series instead.

//RANT
GUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-13, 22:03   #1744
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Talk about overdramatic.

The film is seriously not as bad as people make it out to be, overall I think the first had better atmosphere while the second film was more faithful to the lore. I enjoy both films extremely, they are both good but have their own flaws.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-13, 22:30   #1745
Billy959

I loved the movie,it just need a bit of fixing.

it's really far from being a bad movie in my concept
Billy959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 23:46   #1746
sackboy123

Hey i just watched the film and i totally enjoyed it much better then the game itself
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 23:47   #1747
Tonyrobinson

Funnily enough I watched it too it is a perfect Halloween title.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 23:51   #1748
rewak

I thought this was pretty damn terrible, it had it's very brief moments but sometimes i honestly thought they'd switched movies. The part outside the asylum with burning trash cans, i legit thought "Am i watching RE now?". They tried to cram in major moments and encounters into 5 minute segments, awful storytelling that didn't actually get to the main story point until 10 minutes before the movie ended! The cast tried but it was a Ring remake scenario, doesn't matter how hard the actors try or how nice it might look, when you don't have a good script it's never gonna work and they had a real doozy of a scrip on this. It blew my mind, and not in a good way, and if they never make another SH movie this will be to blame. The only credit i will give this thing is that the 3D fog/ash worked well, and 3D generally doesn't work on me (i dunno if it's my eyes or brain or both, but it never quite 'pops', it just blurs).
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote