www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > New Builders Questions

Old 14-07-18, 11:16   #1
AkyV

Default Open Chat For All The Editors - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Dear New Builder!

If you'd like to ask anything in this subforum that how to build, edit it with TRLE, Dxtre3D, TREP, TRNG, Tomb Editor, but you don't want to open a specific thread for that, then you can freely ask that here. (Please, don't forget to name your editor, if that is important. For example, if you use a GlobalTrigger, then that is the original TRNG or the TRNG modul of Tomb Editor.)
You can even answer any question here.

Dear Advanced Builder or Expert!

Feel free to answer any question here.

Last edited by AkyV; 14-07-18 at 11:22.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 22:59   #2
not again!
Explorer

Thank you for the new subforum!

Could we maybe have a beginner resources thread where we could share basic stuff that is meant as starting point for further modifications.
For instance I'd happily share my blender files for assembled TR1, TR3 and TR4 Lara with the correct offsets and save someone else the time of having to export, calculate all the offsets, etc. themselves.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 05:38   #3
AkyV

Sounds good, but...:

@Titak:
I ask you about the post above.
Should we upload that stuff on TRF server, as usual, then you link it in Resources thread, then we link the Resources thread/post from here, for the newbies?
Old 18-07-18, 13:39   #4
Titak

^
Sounds fine to me.
Old 18-07-18, 15:12   #5
AkyV

Okay, thanks!

So, @not again!, please:

1. Upload your contents somewhere.
2. Send the link to Titak, and tell her what it is.
3. Titak uploads it on the TRF server.
4. She adds the new link to the resources thread in the tutorial section, then sends this info to you.
5. Open your thread, write what you want, and then attach the link there to the proper post of the resources thread.

Others wanting something similar will have to do the same.

Last edited by AkyV; 18-07-18 at 15:21.
Old 18-07-18, 20:22   #6
not again!
Explorer

Great, thank you! I'll just write a proper readme to include in the download and then follow the steps above.
Old 19-07-18, 09:23   #7
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
Thank you for the new subforum!

Could we maybe have a beginner resources thread where we could share basic stuff that is meant as starting point for further modifications.
For instance I'd happily share my blender files for assembled TR1, TR3 and TR4 Lara with the correct offsets and save someone else the time of having to export, calculate all the offsets, etc. themselves.
That sounds awesome, but... it's not really beginner stuff? Beginners don't go straight after modding Lara's outfits, I'd say that's advanced stuff. That being said, if you could share those files it would be fantastic and I hope they get a placement in the resources hub here
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 10:31   #8
not again!
Explorer

Depends I would say - if your new to TRLE but not to 3D modeling then the process of how to get custom objects / models into the game is probably one of the first the first things you look up.
I guess it's something which could be useful to both - people who are already familiar with 3D modeling but who are new to the world of TRLE (like myself) and advanced level builders who are just starting with 3D modeling. I just assumed that most advanced builders already have their own outfit work files, whereas basically none of the newcomers will have, so I figured the newbie subforum would be the place to post this.
Old 19-07-18, 18:52   #9
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

I'll definitely say, I think this is something that's needed! This is exactly where it started for me too. I've had a lot of game modding and modeling experience myself and that's part of what drew me to trying to mess with TRLE stuff! However, since TRLE has such unique needs compared to modern engines, it was difficult to apply what I already know to what the engine and tools need.

Most tutorials in regards to beginner stuff take it from a novice perspective in the simplest possible way. So it's kinda like you're on your own if you have skills useful to the project, but can't figure out how to apply them here. Just figuring out how to use UV textures on models took me forever!

Blender's my tool of choice too, so I definitely would love to learn more methods of using it with TRLE tools!
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:54   #10
not again!
Explorer

^^Same here I like to mod games in general, but since TR1 is my all time favorite game I always wanted to build one or two levels in that style and hearing about Tomb Editor has finally prompted me to give it a go. But yeah, it does not have much in common with modding current games.