Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 07-12-06, 16:23   #21
Croftgirl

first of all i think those difficulty modes should definitely vanish and then those bloody time trials
Croftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 16:26   #22
da tomb raider!

I hated the way those items shined. They showed up on medium exactly liked they did on easy (I haven't tried it on hard yet).
da tomb raider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 16:40   #23
Angelus
Inactive

I think that only the items that you could grapple shined on hard mode, but I can't remember.
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 16:53   #24
Samsdad

Question

How would you fix it is the next question? I personally would not like to spend most of the game trying to grapple every possible spot of the screen. There really has to be some type of indication as to what is grappleable (is there such a word?). The gaming world does not emulate the real world and there are many instances in which you have to use the grapple quickly so you can not spend a lot of time just throwing and retreiving until you catch on something. Many games now use something simular to the grapple so i think it is probably going to stay. So that brings us back to the original question. How would you like to see it implemented? Anthony offered one suggestion. Are there any others?
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 16:57   #25
Lara's Boy

^Simply making it a different color or texture than it's surrounding environment; like the collapsing ledges. You can tell that they are going to collapse, but no one has ever complained about those (that I have heard). It's one thing to make the next step visible, and a completely other to slap a neon sticker on it and say "grapple me", lol.
Lara's Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 17:22   #26
thevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsdad View Post
How would you fix it is the next question? I personally would not like to spend most of the game trying to grapple every possible spot of the screen. There really has to be some type of indication as to what is grappleable (is there such a word?). The gaming world does not emulate the real world and there are many instances in which you have to use the grapple quickly so you can not spend a lot of time just throwing and retreiving until you catch on something. Many games now use something simular to the grapple so i think it is probably going to stay. So that brings us back to the original question. How would you like to see it implemented? Anthony offered one suggestion. Are there any others?

Use a hook grapple and then just hook it on any top or ledge...
thevman is offline   Reply With Quote