Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-10-14, 06:26   #21
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
I don't think it's in the MCC, they're just launching at the same time, aren't they?
The first episode or first couple of episodes will be included in the MCC. This was one of the things they first mentioned about this collection.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-14, 06:37   #22
jackali
Golden

Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't think that the entire series could be included if it hadn't even been aired.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-14, 20:58   #23
Samsdad

Here is the Halo 2 anniversary launch trailer

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ha...h-trailer.aspx
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-14, 22:13   #24
Dia2blo

The cutscenes are so incredible, it's almost worth it just for that!

I really can't wait for this collection, hopefully it will sooth the ache of disappointment that was Destiny.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 22:01   #25
Wooxman

Can anyone (already) confirm if the standard controls of Halo 3 are really the standard for the whole MCC? I guess so since in most videos those controls are used, though I wonder why. They're very similar to the Gears of War controls where they make sense, but in my opinion they're the most useless ones for Halo. Having jumping, melee attack and using equipment/armour abilities all on the front buttons is just stupid since those actions are more usable while both thumbs are on the analogue sticks. I wonder why 343i hasn't put the standard controls of each game instead of globally using those of Halo 3. Even the standard ones of Halo 4 are better than this since at least they put melee and armour abilities to the bumpers. (Of course, there's no better control scheme than bumper jumper. )

Edit:
To quote the Halo Wiki about the Halo 3 standard control scheme:
Quote:
This is the most common control scheme despite many flaws (see below) that often become apparent to more experienced players. This is the control scheme that Bungie starts you with, but it is suggested that one quickly learns to either use the claw grip, bumper jumper, walkie talkie, or possibly even green thumb, all of which are more often used by experienced players.

Please note that it is not possible to aim while meleeing, jumping, and deploying equipment without use of the "claw grip."
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Controls

Last edited by Wooxman; 02-11-14 at 22:04.
Old 02-11-14, 22:13   #26
Dia2blo

You can choose a control scheme from a number of options and set it as default across all games. I've seen a few combinations, and they definitely showed this in the video that I think was focused on the new interface/ menu.

Found bulletin post on it:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...oller-settings

Last edited by Dia2blo; 02-11-14 at 22:29.
Old 03-11-14, 07:58   #27
Wooxman

Yes, I know that I can change it. When I played the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer on Gamescom, the controls where set to match the original Halo 2 control scheme. I'm just wondering why they chose the worst Halo control scheme as the default for all four games.

Edit:
Thanks to YouTube's new 60FPS feature it's possible to view MCC footage in all its beauty (watch with Chrome): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8worAaI4A
So much for "OMG, Xbone only can run games in 900p and 30FPS!!!1111"

Last edited by Wooxman; 03-11-14 at 09:33.
Old 03-11-14, 11:10   #28
Dia2blo

I guess they went with that because it is the most familiar to players of 1-3? It's not as if you're restricted though so I don't see the issue. I personally will probably use 'Universal Reclaimer'.

Does anyone here want to set up a session when the game comes out? Would be good to get a few classic matches going.
Old 03-11-14, 13:41   #29
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
I guess they went with that because it is the most familiar to players of 1-3? It's not as if you're restricted though so I don't see the issue.
There's no issue, I'm just curious. And it only was the standard setting for Halo 3. Halo 1 and 2 where more similar to Reach's control scheme, just with B for melee attacks and the black button to switch grenades. And Halo 4 used Reach's control scheme and put crouching to B and sprinting to LS (similar to CoD). But I just found this: http://www.halopedia.org/Xbox_contro...ief_Collection
So it's acutally Recon, not H3 standard. Still a useless control scheme in my opinion. Good thing, bumper jumper is avaible.
Old 03-11-14, 14:13   #30
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
There's no issue, I'm just curious. And it only was the standard setting for Halo 3. Halo 1 and 2 where more similar to Reach's control scheme, just with B for melee attacks and the black button to switch grenades. And Halo 4 used Reach's control scheme and put crouching to B and sprinting to LS (similar to CoD). But I just found this: http://www.halopedia.org/Xbox_contro...ief_Collection
So it's acutally Recon, not H3 standard. Still a useless control scheme in my opinion. Good thing, bumper jumper is avaible.
All I meant was that people are familiar with using the face buttons for the primary controls in the classics e.g. B for melee. I would never condone actually using that setting these days! I have to say I am very glad that it is possible to have a universal scheme though, I've always found it horrible jumping between titles and having to re-adjust.