www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 14-09-18, 08:17   #31
Maverin
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
This game is phenomenal though, the only section I think drags on is Giza, I feel like every section outside looks the same and feels like they got lazy, and the whole scrap paper with the hyroglyps puzzles felt unfinished. TR4 was always my favorite as a kid, playing it after all these years I still haven't changed my mind, I still think it's the best TR.
I agree. Giza felt rushed and a little bland and even boring. I also want to add that the ending felt very unrewarding. The game ends and.. that's that. No congratulations for finding all the secrets, no final statistics, no special bonus levels or unlockables. You're just back at the main screen like "well then.. guess I'll close the game now". Overall, it's a very fun game though.
Old 14-09-18, 09:32   #32
Kivlov
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
no final statistics
It shows the overall statistics in the end of every level.
Old 14-09-18, 12:25   #33
Jorje Croft
Professor

City of the Dead took over the year for me. this game just has too many WTF moments, u will never know where is hidden stuff. idk how ppl finished it without help. after City of the Dead I went to youtube because I were in the middle of NOWHERE. Still great experience and my favorite classic game. wish it was remade in some point
Old 23-09-18, 22:32   #34
Pyro99
Archaeologist

In terms of length, I'm fairly sure it is the longest. And also pretty sure TR3 is the hardest.
Old 25-09-18, 14:07   #35
adamtombraider
Explorer

Just replayed TR4 on PC with 71/70 Secrets with a time of 06.38.16
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 23:55   #36
fallenangle
Archaeologist

That's fast - on my most recent ('no scratch') run I it took me more than a week which meant, probably, over 20 hours actual play time with progression. By which I mean I did spend quite a lot more extra time dawdling and corner bugging to get to places you're not meant too.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 23:01   #37
adamtombraider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
That's fast - on my most recent ('no scratch') run I it took me more than a week which meant, probably, over 20 hours actual play time with progression. By which I mean I did spend quite a lot more extra time dawdling and corner bugging to get to places you're not meant too.
I used the crawl corner bug and flare bug and I know the game so well and know where all the secrets are I picked up an extra secret in Desert Railroad you can get the 3rd Secret to chime a second time after uncoupling the train so it registers as a 4th Secret.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 15:37   #38
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I read about that glitch after I first played TR4 but I've never used it because for me using corner bugs etc is just for additional exploration. I know it is not the case for that 'additional' secret but I never use shortcuts on any 'proper' run through to make things easier to get

The Desert Railroad is an interesting beast. If you use corner bugs to get there you find the actual train itself is not solid. LC falls through the boiler but does not die she ends up standing just above the rails moving along the track with most of the train transparent around her. Only if you move too far forward to the 'cow catcher' does she get squished.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-18, 10:14   #39
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I agree. Giza felt rushed and a little bland and even boring. I also want to add that the ending felt very unrewarding. The game ends and.. that's that. No congratulations for finding all the secrets, no final statistics, no special bonus levels or unlockables. You're just back at the main screen like "well then.. guess I'll close the game now". Overall, it's a very fun game though.
It was unrewarding but it wasn’t lacking impact: they’d just killed Lara, or seemingly, and that was the main point to take away from the end. Lara finally lost her edge and she lost her life too. I think having a random ‘you collected ‘x’ amount of secrets well done would somewhat diminish that.