Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 01-02-12, 05:50   #521
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

The level was apparently longer, lara didnt take off her wetsuit, and the fish followed her.
!Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:00   #522
Ceamonks890

Which fish? The one from Aquatic Research Area, or the small normal fish swimming around the start of Vault of Trophies? If we're talking about the Razorjaw/'mutant fish' here, I think it would make for awesome chase gameplay.

Alright, so my theory of possible deleted sections for Vault of Trophies would be perhaps, after Lara's retrieved the painting and has began swimming in the caves, a mutant fish(maybe the same one from previous level?) suddenly smashes through one of the walls, and begins to swim after Lara. You'd have to outswim it until eventually reaching the surface(no, not the Boaz Returns area), but somewhere further in the cave.

This would be where Lara would change back into her camo shorts, and we would end up facing more traps and obstacles. Then we would end up swimming through even more caves, until we finally reach the Boaz Returns level.

I don't know for sure. But there has to have been something more Lara would have been doing, other than swimming through empty, lifeless caves

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 01-02-12 at 10:06.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:09   #523
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

Im talking the giant mutant fish, there is some footage of it on youtube.
Old 01-02-12, 10:10   #524
Ceamonks890

Where?
Old 01-02-12, 10:17   #525
Phlip
Inactive

There are a lot of intricate details in these posts, such as unused specific quotes at specific times. How did you find out/remember so much?
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:53   #526
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
Where?
In one of the 'beta gameplay' videos. Look it up.
Old 01-02-12, 10:53   #527
Ceamonks890

@Phlip, I have a lot of time on my hands. Basically, I started by just looking in the text file(included on the PC AoD disk) and copied all the lines in it onto a microsoft word document. Then a lot of trial and error in getting rid of all the lines that are already in the game/unnecessary tutorial lines. And finally, I replay through the existing levels in the game numerous times, doing a lot of exploration(either playing the game normally, or using the fly cheat) to find where specific deleted lines and events would have occurred, before posting the entries that you read

I also found out all the deleted animations for every character/enemy in the game, through a program called PizzaDOX(which only works with unpatched copies of AoD, which I luckily have). I could make an entire entry about the character's deleted animations maybe, but not all the characters/enemies in AoD have deleted animations

@!Lara Croft!, alright. I'll begin searching.

EDIT: Sorry. I couldn't find anything about the mutant fish in beta AoD on YouTube. The only videos available are for Parisian Backstreets and Tomb of Ancients/Hall of Seasons

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 01-02-12 at 11:05.
Old 01-02-12, 12:47   #528
Ligufaca

Quote:
I also found out all the deleted animations for every character/enemy in the game, through a program called PizzaDOX(which only works with unpatched copies of AoD, which I luckily have). I could make an entire entry about the character's deleted animations maybe, but not all the characters/enemies in AoD have deleted animations
YES, PLEASE.
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 15:30   #529
Charlie91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligufaca View Post
YES, PLEASE.
I wish to see it too!
Charlie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 15:41   #530
tomee

uhhh.
How on earth did I miss this much? D:
Ceamonks890, you're really fast and your work is quality. It's always a great reading.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote