Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-04-17, 07:03   #24191
lance6439

I was playing FFX a few months ago for the first time and I've never played games like these (played a FF game for the first time on a PS1 a LOONNNGGG time ago though and wasn't a fan of the layout/format) I then found out there was a remastered version on PS Store so once I get a PS4 I'll buy it and play that. :}
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 18:33   #24192
larafan25

^FF12 isn't as gay as the other ones, but it does have a more action/ fast-paced gameplay system. Where you can move around during the battles, and engage in real-time with enemies, or flee.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 09:39   #24193
TR FAN 18

Currently playing FFX on PC and I just beat Seymour Flux on the first try!
Back when I had the game on PS2, it took me about 20 tries to beat him.
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 12:44   #24194
ultima espio

Steve Burton has tweeted that he was in LA to record lines for Cloud on Sunday (April 30th)

It's most likely for FFVIIR, but I'm posting this because it could be for Dissidia Arcade or Opera Omnia, which only seems to use grunts and short phrases for the characters.

https://twitter.com/1SteveBurton/sta...82795748757504
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 13:31   #24195
LarasFan

Or KH3
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 12:07   #24196
TR FAN 18

Doing the monster captures in FFX and I keep getting ambushed by a Great Malboro with it's stupid Bad Breath. I HATE THIS ENEMY!
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 20:02   #24197
LaraIloveYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR FAN 18 View Post
Currently playing FFX on PC and I just beat Seymour Flux on the first try!
Back when I had the game on PS2, it took me about 20 tries to beat him.
that's the spirit and gratz XD

Quote:
Doing the monster captures in FFX and I keep getting ambushed by a Great Malboro with it's stupid Bad Breath. I HATE THIS ENEMY!
I can feel you man I used Provoke so it won't use Bad Breath but do a normal attack instead, and cast Fire magic as I recall

Last edited by LaraIloveYou; 12-05-17 at 20:03.
LaraIloveYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 21:05   #24198
Hyper_Crazy

Quote:
You're trying to capture them from Omega I take it then, you will always get ambushed.

First Strike + Provoke.
Or you can capture them Inside Sin where they won't always ambush you but it might still happen.

Think that was the strategy, it's been a while.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 21:32   #24199
Blackmoor

Post-FFXV, what's everyone's favourite FF and FF style?

I like FFXV in parts but I'm not a mad fan of the combat.

My favourites are still FFX and FFXIII. I liked the combat and the levelling up in both of those games and hope that FFXVI steers a little back that way.

Is that blasphemy I wonder...
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 22:01   #24200
MiCkiZ88

Pff, that's a tough one. It's a toss between FFVIII, XIII and XV for me in terms of visual style, gameplay and lore. XIII and VIII have very interesting story whilst XV has more of an interesting lore behind the main game.

XV's battle system is fun imo, but I did not like the leveling up system as much (a poor mans gridsphere). I didn't mind the camping, actually quite enjoyed the whole roadtrip, but the issue for me was the rather limited spells and combat options, nevermind not being able to switch party members. I did however like how each individual weapon had different attacks and tactics, but still quite short to what it could have been. Warping is fun and stylish though. So yes I would like it to steer slightly back towards to what maybe Lightning Return or XIII had, but still keep the free movement. Just more options and a camera that doesnt show you a damn tree or a bush.

VIII is just pure nostalgia for me. And I mostly end up listening to the soundtrack in XV whilst in the car. Ah, balamb garden and moonlight waltz, my childhood <3 And it still has one of the best card minigames out there!

XIII is just perfection in terms of story thriven gameplay and a fun take on modern yet classic battle system. Linear, very linear, yes, but fun nonetheless. The art style and lore are magnificent IMO.

Before XV I would have said X on it's place, but XV takes the top place now. These always change for me depending on my mood as each FF game has its special place.

Last edited by MiCkiZ88; 12-05-17 at 22:02.
MiCkiZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote