Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-03-18, 22:02   #1
rufierto

Default Holy Fireballs!!

I have had no luck trying to find a solution for these fireballs in my game. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this playing custom games. I have seen them for years, and have no idea what causes them. Is it a problem with the game itself, my video card, is there nothing I can do to stop them? I just need some answers...please. https://youtu.be/LVvDQAP2Q9g
rufierto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 22:05   #2
Dustie

Honestly, while it looks like it's a glitch from the flame emitters, I've never seen this before. There is a known glitch of flame emitter sprites randomly flashing on the screen which is due to some sort of buffer issue or something. However, in your case this appears to be way more pronounced because the sprites don't just momentarily flash, they move across the screen... Like it's a glitch in rendering of the nearby flame (at least I think I can hear a flame nearby).
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 22:43   #3
rufierto

Yea, but there are only 4 on the level, removing the closest one did nothing. I hope it is not something that is part of my level. Hopefully when others play it , it will not do that. For me there are several spots on my game this is happening, usually not moving across the screen like that. Thanks Dustie

Last edited by rufierto; 16-03-18 at 22:56.
Old 16-03-18, 22:57   #4
Joey79100

A bug of the engine probably, you're definitely not the only one to see that. I don't know if anyone has ever found the cause of this but it's not new.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 23:23   #5
Danath

I don't know why that fireball bug happens, but i've had that happen while playing some TR4 custom levels. It would be great to know why that happens, as it's pretty annoying.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 14:34   #6
rufierto

It seems to be associated with a spot on the building area of the level. If I move the entire level to a different spot in the building area, those moving fireballs are not there. It has nothing to do with proximity to flame emitters or the number of them in the level. That is odd......On the bright side if toying with the maps location will work, at least it is something I can do.
Old 17-03-18, 14:39   #7
AgentXP

Do you have a burning torch in your game? I find I get issues with random flames appearing when I include it in my games. Random flames appear in places when Lara drops it on the floor...
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 14:53   #8
rufierto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXP View Post
Do you have a burning torch in your game? I find I get issues with random flames appearing when I include it in my games. Random flames appear in places when Lara drops it on the floor...
Nope, no burning torch.