Old 29-09-15, 18:05   #172
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
VIRUS!!!!!
Read the older posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBeam View Post
I'm guessing you are using one of the OH-so-many anti-viruses which informed you that my files are packed and possibly harmful? Read the top of the first thread. These files were approved by admins, meaning they were scanned before being posted =.=

Jeez, people and anti-viruses. Know nothing about the subject, yet yell it's a "virus". Gotta love it

Conclusion: if you don't trust me or this site, don't use the tools. There's no need to inform us of your false "discovery"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny_v1.3 View Post
it's virus free and it really works. cool...thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Sunbeam put a lot of work into this so we can have some extra fun with the game, the program has been checked and there is nothing in it that should not be. Do not blame someone else for the limitations of your virus scanner thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
What software are you using? I've just run all three files through an online virus scanner and all three are reported fine.
Once again, while we do not endorse the patches, according to Kaspersky there do not contain any virus.
If your anti virus is giving you false alerts, either try temporarily disabling it before downloading/extracting the ZIP file, or instruct the software to ignore the downloaded file, preventing a further scan and possible deletion of said file.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-15, 20:45   #173
Sir Launcelot

I just tried downloading this and when I scanned the zip with my AV, it automatically deleted the TRAfly.exe from the zip. I've got top of the line paid-for AV software, and THAT is picking up on this as malware, so...

The thing is, even if it is NOT malware, do you think people with a DSL connection to the internet are going to disable their AV just to run this? What a pain in the ass... not worth it.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-15, 04:46   #174
Joey79100

You don't have to disable the antivirus, just add the file to your exclusion list (you must do it only once....).

If you don't like it the way it is, then it's your choice, don't use it. The creator has made a tool some people wanted, now they have it working. Not his fault that antiviruses are only programs with no judgement and no brain.
Machines are stupid, they have no judgement and no brain. People have, they have made tests, and they have stated that the file makes no harm... it's up to each of us to trust what we prefer. ^^
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-15, 07:15   #175
Sir Launcelot

What I really wish is that CD would release debug-mode executables for TRA and Underworld, there is no reason not to.

I guess personally why I would feel suspicious about this is that I have seen it hosted on a site or two that was QUITE suspicious - once a file has been around for awhile, you don't know where it's been, or what it has picked up along the way. I don't know if those are the original author's links or not - if they are, I'm sure it's an ok program, but if the author has wandered off and sold/given control of his file account to someone else, than who knows what's in there?

I have gotten nailed by a game tool before from some asshole who was promoting it, and was not the original tool author - I ran an AV check on it, and it came up clean, and when I ran the program it promptly tried to infect several running processes. Fortunately, my AV then decided it was evil and stopped it in its tracks. So you never know...

I don't think there is really anywhere fun to fly in TRA any way, but in debug mode, you could load up that seacoast level at the end of Egypt and explore it - now THAT would be cool.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-15, 22:51   #176
laracroft1997

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Read the older posts:

If your anti virus is giving you false alerts, either try temporarily disabling it before downloading/extracting the ZIP file, or instruct the software to ignore the downloaded file, preventing a further scan and possible deletion of said file.
Oh... I feel Dumb lol
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 23:02   #177
Fantasy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBeam View Post
This thread-subject has been cleared for posting by the administrators of this forum! However, the administrators and/or owners of Tomb Raider Forums are not liable for any damage that may or may not occur from use of the below-referenced information and/or unofficial patch, nor do we endorse this information and/or unofficial patch in any way. Use at your own risk!

Hope this sorts it out for everyone. The current fly tool allows you to move Lara to any position in the game, with a few notes to be taken into account:

1. If you get attacked by animals while you are in fly mode, you will fall off the map. Disabling the tool will bring you back to the place you left the map through.

2. Going through a locked door, and disabling the tool will bring you back before that door.

3. Jumping/crouching while in fly mode will also make Lara drop off the map.

How to use it, simple. Launch the game, then the tool. Get on a map, activate the tool with F11 (note the same key - F11 - is used for both activating/deactivating the fly mode) and use 1 or 2 keys to go up/down. Additionally, you can use the slider to go up/down faster, by setting a bigger value.

There are a few versions of the game out, so I've adapted the tool for each of them :

* For the 4.58 MB and 8.93 MB sized tra.exe (also works with Steam version) - get it here

* For the 19 MB sized tra.exe - get it here

* And for the demo - get it here

Cheers and have fun!
The links are just taking me to a website with a bunch of ads. If I am supposed to click one of the things there and it will prompt me to download the Flight Mode Tool, someone please tell me.
Fantasy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 19:22   #178
kabal

Unhappy

It no longer works :'(
kabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-17, 13:04   #179
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I have checked all my memory sticks and found the TRAfly for the 4.58MB and 8.98MB version of the game exe, I have now uploaded it to mediafire.

It works fine for me.

I would advise you to take a copy quick, as mediafire seems to be blocking fly cheats as viruses, although they are not. You will likely have to switch off your virus protection to download and to even run the program....

I had to switch mine off just to upload it to mediafire. You will have to either isolate it within your computers virus protection, or if you cannot isolate it, put it in a memory stick, and bring it onto your computer with virus protection switched off, like I do, and use it just when needed.

TRAfly....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndnaxn...c43/TRAFly.exe

Last edited by The Great Chi; 20-03-17 at 13:13.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-17, 15:26   #180
TR-Freak
Unverified

^Already blocked
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote