Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 12-01-16, 15:14   #41
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
That TR3 level looked great ! Too bad it got cancelled.

But anyway even if Crystal did copy this area: who cares ? I think it's great if they used old ideas. Maybe they were trying to give a "classic Tomb Raider" style and they looked into Core's old files.
That's true. In fact, I would love to see again City of Vilcabamba or Floating Islands, would be magic for me. I would forget that Lara is not really Lara and the game is about shooting everything that breathes (for a minute, then an scripted explosion and hordes of enemies while Lara uses the ****ing bow while she swears and yells and whines would wake me up xDDD)
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-16, 20:44   #42
s2m6

I'm sad Core removed such a beautiful looking area from TRIII - it's breathtaking
s2m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-16, 21:01   #43
Boobandie

It was likely never planned to be in the actual game. The area is fairly closed, just consisting of two large rooms full of the new lighting effects. One to show the colourful dark areas, and one to show outdoor light ones. It could very well have just been produced as a showcase for E3. One could build that area in an afternoon.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 10:18   #44
Ifrit61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
It was likely never planned to be in the actual game. The area is fairly closed, just consisting of two large rooms full of the new lighting effects. One to show the colourful dark areas, and one to show outdoor light ones. It could very well have just been produced as a showcase for E3. One could build that area in an afternoon.
I thought the same thing.
Ifrit61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 00:15   #45
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
They most likely did copy this idea for Ghana. Crystal Dynamics seem to copy everything including other games, movies. They don't get their own ideas.
I agree with you. Unfortunately that's the truth.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 23:28   #46
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
I agree with you. Unfortunately that's the truth.
Oh brother, you guys are like the Tomb Raider fandom equivalent of those anti vaccination folks and their conspiracy theories. You REALLY think they found some obscure low quality demo reel of Tomb Raider 3 and decided to copy it? This wasn't even on YouTube when Legend was being developed. You seriously believe that they creeped the archives of IGN.com to find this video back in 2004? That is just nuts.

Just think. You are sitting at a round table discussing level ideas, locations, etc, and somebody slaps down a photo. Its not of a pretty real life waterfall, or some sketch they drew themselves, but instead a grainy, low quality, printed out screenshot from off-screen footage of an obscure demo reel of a location from a 6 year old game that didn't even make it in the final cut and says "HEY guys, lets make this a level!". Who would actually do that?

Last edited by LaraCablara; 08-02-16 at 23:36.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 03:44   #47
SunDormant

^Totally agree. Even as a Core fan, I find these attempts to make Crystal look bad just pityful
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 17:58   #48
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
^Totally agree. Even as a Core fan, I find these attempts to make Crystal look bad just pityful
I agree too ! It's not like waterfalls are commun in real world.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 19:45   #49
HalyconLaraFan

IT does look like it was inspired by this part of the Beta...Oh how the TR3 Beta looks beautiful I wish they left parts in the official game ...even though i do love TR3 the best out of all of the games.
HalyconLaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 20:14   #50
Shirley_Manson

That area is perfect. Coming out of a dark cool room to a mountain cliff with gigantic waterfalls on the opposite side, only the crisp water down below. Bats flying out screeching, breeze blowing, palm trees overhead. You can practically smell the scent of wilderness. I love it.

It's similar to Legend but this area wasn't even in the final TR3 version. If it was I'd be crying "Plagiarism!" too. But as it stands that's just a wild assumption, sorry.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote