www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 07-07-18, 23:29   #1551
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
TE handles textures packing in TR4 files differently, that's why other tools can't read them correctly. The WadTool will provide StrPix functionality for WAD2 files in the future.
I had a feeling that was the case. The clarification provides closure though, so thanks for that.
I really look forward to the upcoming functionality! It sounds like it's going to add everything that's been missing.
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 08:24   #1552
Guuims
Student

Ok i'm having some problems here, for some reason the editor won't save any of my settings, i always have to set up everything again and again, also my levels will usually freeze after a while... :/

Pls help.

Last edited by Guuims; 08-07-18 at 08:25.
Guuims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 09:20   #1553
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketLombax View Post
I had a feeling that was the case. The clarification provides closure though, so thanks for that.
I really look forward to the upcoming functionality! It sounds like it's going to add everything that's been missing.
AFASIK it's one detail that was handled differently that causes this - TE grabs all textures and IDs them together while TRLE and other tools separate level textures from object textures before IDing them separately, or something like that. Perhaps this could be corrected at some point for legacy compatibility, but not sure if that's worth the fuss, since this essentially only affects ripping.

One could think of it as crude copy protection mechanism
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 22:43   #1554
TombLevBauer
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Would it be possible to add *.PSD support? This way one would be able to work directly on the texture-set project file without saving it to other formats.
Since it's requested once in a while, I will see what I can do.
EDIT: Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Just wanted to file a bug. In a project with imported geometry, the assigned file is not correctly saved: every object gets the first file in the list.
This happens with the last version of TE, maybe the 2 or 3 last versions actually, I don't remember. But I have older projects, made with older versions of TE, that don't have this problem (each dummy object has the correct file), so I don't think this is an issue on loading.
Thank you for reporting this, I will try to investigate this.

Quote:
As multi-WAD support is already there, could you make the Import window (the file explorer) accept multiple files at once? Currently you can only select one WAD at a time.
Sounds like a very good call. In fact we should also do it for textures, imported geometry, sounds, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
Got something strange with an animation range.
Tomb Editor allowed me to create four 32x32 ones.
I put them next to each other, to fill 64x64 water.
This way I wanted it to cover a 4 sector pattern.
This requires lots of clicks and then doesn't work:
Well, press Shift, Ctrl and Alt while selecting, to make it easier.
Regarding the bug, I have a suspecion that maybe the selection the animation range window is a tiny bit smaller than the ones applied throughout the level?
If not, it would be useful if you could send us the room to debug this

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCroft View Post
Is it possible to section a floor or ceiling tile more than once? I mean in the sense of when you raise a floor tile by itself to create, let's say, a box to climb on, we can currently only section it once, however we can section a wall multiple times. It would be super useful!
No unfortunately we don't support this. It would be possible in the engine without any problems, but our datastructures are not prepared for such a generalization...
So it's not easy to do...

Maybe one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guuims View Post
Ok i'm having some problems here, for some reason the editor won't save any of my settings, i always have to set up everything again and again, also my levels will usually freeze after a while... :/

Pls help.
Make sure to save the level frequently.
If you experience a freeze, please save the log after it froze and send it to one of us. Maybe it contains enough information to find the problem.

Last edited by TombLevBauer; 09-07-18 at 00:48.
TombLevBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 09:43   #1555
sharalex
Student

Question Supported version of MQO files?

Hi there,

I've been watching this thread with interest and dabbling around with the new editor. Congratulations on your perseverance and achievements with this. It is a wonderful tool and I can hardly wait until the remaining tools are added to the suite.

I have been building in Meta for a long time, but when I finally came to import my MQO files into a wad, I found that all the tools I had previously used will not handle files created with the later versions of Meta. I wondered whether TE will have the ability to handle MQO files built with the latest versions?

I have a large number of objects which I am currently unable to import into any wads, as they are not compatible with even the old versions of Meta.

Also, I suppose this has already been answered somewhere in the 156 pages in this thread, but will there be support to import MQO (or other 3D file formats, for that matter) directly into the wad2 files? And if textured will those textures also be imported as they are mapped?
Old 13-07-18, 20:11   #1556
Joey79100
Professor

There is a bug I had reported but it looks like it has been forgotten, so I'm reporting it again just in case. Since 1.0.9, I have an issue regarding imported geometry and/or imported geometry textures and/or textures using alpha channels, and I have no idea where it's coming from, it could be several things. Here's the thing:
I have light rays as imported geometry (MQO which references a PNG file). The texture is a white light ray on a transparent background (so it has variable levels of transparency).
Before 1.0.9, it was okay in-game, I had my white light ray.
But since 1.0.9, it shows black instead of white. The transparency levels still work correctly, but it's just black instead of white, which is quite odd for light rays.

I had reported it and sent a PM to Monty with the title TE: Imported geometry texture bug.

Hope you don't mind me reporting this again.
Old 14-07-18, 13:01   #1557
DJ Full
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombLevBauer View Post
Well, press Shift, Ctrl and Alt while selecting, to make it easier.
I did the opposite. I set normal range.
Then I use group texturing to spread it over many tiles.
Had no idea this can work, but it works better than normal water.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 13:49   #1558
MontyTRC
Historian

Don't worry After merging branches new bugs appeared but we are fixing all of them. Tomb Editor became a very complicated beast
We'll fix it for the next update.

Quote:
There is a bug I had reported but it looks like it has been forgotten, so I'm reporting it again just in case. Since 1.0.9, I have an issue regarding imported geometry and/or imported geometry textures and/or textures using alpha channels, and I have no idea where it's coming from, it could be several things. Here's the thing:
I have light rays as imported geometry (MQO which references a PNG file). The texture is a white light ray on a transparent background (so it has variable levels of transparency).
Before 1.0.9, it was okay in-game, I had my white light ray.
But since 1.0.9, it shows black instead of white. The transparency levels still work correctly, but it's just black instead of white, which is quite odd for light rays.

I had reported it and sent a PM to Monty with the title TE: Imported geometry texture bug.

Hope you don't mind me reporting this again.
Old 15-07-18, 15:42   #1559
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

I was wondering, does anybody know how to make those "paper thin" walls in Tomb Editor? I know they're kind of a faux pas in TRLE circles, but I've definitely had situations where they'd be useful! However, even imported official .prj files end up losing any paper thin walls when imported. Just... completely gone. Is it even possible in TE?

Also on a side note, I've been having a lot of fun being able to test outfits and animations with the ability to use multiple wads in levels! It's been really helpful in seeing how various objects compare on the fly!
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 17:55   #1560
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketLombax View Post
I was wondering, does anybody know how to make those "paper thin" walls in Tomb Editor? I know they're kind of a faux pas in TRLE circles, but I've definitely had situations where they'd be useful! However, even imported official .prj files end up losing any paper thin walls when imported. Just... completely gone. Is it even possible in TE?
Which official PRJs lose paper thin walls?

EDIT:
I quickly tried making a paper thin wall in the tutorial level and it works.

Last edited by Dustie; 15-07-18 at 21:26.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote