www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-07-18, 20:19   #17381
AkyV

Exclamation

Back to topic, guys, please.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 20:48   #17382
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

Aww, can't everyone just live and let live? The important part is that everyone here works on the kinds of levels that inspire and motivate them, and that's a beautiful thing! Flop or not, released or not, if the process of working on and learning from the making of the levels inspires one's creativity, that in itself is a reward.

We're all working with an almost 20-year-old game engine out of nostalgia and enjoyment of the series, so it's not necessarily drawing huge crowds anyway. Why not just enjoy it for what it is for each of us instead of cutting down opinions on level types?

Besides, Everyone's got level types they like or dislike, so maybe we can all just agree to disagree?

And back on topic, any level that's gonna utilize Silent Hill models and textures definitely has me looking forward to more!

Last edited by RocketLombax; 11-07-18 at 20:51.
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 21:03   #17383
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ exactly... everyone should try and be positive. I always find it amazing what people can come up with.. for a 20 yr old engine.

And yeah - if you did through my threads, you might be able to find some images I uploaded like a year ago! Haha most of that was made myself as I didn't have access to some models at the time.
But now I do..
Now I just need to figure out what places I wanna remake and visit. Alchemilla is gonna be the starting point as it was originally - but now I have the original stuff to reference properly
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 03:50   #17384
klona
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
I was not trying to demotivate anyone. It's just my opinion, why can't I freely express myselfs? Do you want me to be fake and say: "Looks great! Amaziiiing" that's not me.
Not trying to demotivating anyone and expressing your opinion. Yeah. But did it go like that? No. You can criticize all you want, but you gotta be constructive and tell the builder what they're doing wrong. Not just "OH THIS LOOKS LIKE THE OTHER 10000 LEVELS".

It would be mature if you apologize.

@dcw123 that looks sick!
Old 12-07-18, 15:12   #17385
FantaseaII
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Ouch... little bit harsh, don'tcha think?
Perhaps its just the TR4 objects and Core textures that give you this impression, I dunno?

OK guys so (and I know I say this ALL the time) - I'm reviving an old project.. and good news, I now have access to some models and textures that I didn't have before! Should make things a little easier now for me...
Currently having to dissect pieces of textures in order for them to work properly in TRLE world - such as pavements and roads, pain in the butt, but it needs doing
Gonna leave it at that for now - I need to find me old WAD and level to show anything beyond test rooms
Just gonna drop this here to joy peoples memories :P

Oh nice screen here ! impressive nice job it looks intriguing and creepy give me zombies vibes lol good luck on this old project !
Old 12-07-18, 15:26   #17386
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ oooo.. my bad guys. Thats actually a screen from the original SH1 game.
However I am using the models and textures - so its gonna pretty much look like that anyway (maybe with altered textures)
There won't be snow either.. just the fog effects
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 18:17   #17387
Opaque79
Explorer

So this area is more or less completed.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by Opaque79; 12-07-18 at 20:51.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 21:50   #17388
AgentXP
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
So this area is more or less completed.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/JWxNsRa.png[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/2EZ6gU7.png[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/8Zxpgm9.png[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/Vhth80i.png[img]

Hope you like it.
Love the warm lighting you have going on there, such a nice vibe in that jungle Always like seeing a new level that uses the classic textures with more interesting lighting

My feedback would be, maybe add a few more details to the room, such as waterfall mist and a few more plants - maybe hanging vines. Also, I'd maybe give the very top level of the tree some more leaves, as trees usually have more leaves at the top.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by AkyV; 12-07-18 at 21:56. Reason: No need to quote the whole images of the previous post.
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 21:54   #17389
Opaque79
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXP View Post
Love the warm lighting you have going on there, such a nice vibe in that jungle Always like seeing a new level that uses the classic textures with more interesting lighting

My feedback would be, maybe add a few more details to the room, such as waterfall mist and a few plants (if you want to stick with classic theme, the TR3 Jungle WAD or cleopal WAD have some). Also, I'd maybe give the very top level of the tree some more leaves, as trees usually have more leaves at the top.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks. This is time consuming but the results are well worth it.

By the way, I saw your transition texture tutorial and it may come in useful for something like this. However, I use Paint.NET over GIMP or Photoshop. I never thought to dot the eraser around the texture.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 02:52   #17390
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

I love this look! It's got that classic TR3 jungle feel, but the warm lighting and contrasting shadows really make it pop in a unique way. Really good work so far!
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote