www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

View Poll Results: Newcomer thread or subforum?
- I am NOT a newbie, but I say a general editor thread for newbies would be good, in TRLE subforum. 6 16.67%
- I AM a newbie, and I say a general editor thread for us would be good, in TRLE subforum. 1 2.78%
- I am NOT a newbie, but I say a general editor OPEN subforum for newbies would be good. 21 58.33%
- I AM a newbie, and I say a general editor OPEN subforum for us would be good. 7 19.44%
- I am NOT a newbie, but I say a general editor HIDDEN subforum for newbies would be good. 1 2.78%
- I AM a newbie, and I say a general editor HIDDEN subforum for us would be good. 0 0%
- I am NOT a newbie, but I say a general editor PASSWORDED subforum for newbies would be good. 0 0%
- I AM a newbie, and I say a general editor PASSWORDED subforum for us would be good. 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-18, 10:04   #31
AkyV

Six newbies have voted so far.
Good!

You still have 4 days to vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
ah, ok. Thank you for your patience and willingness to consider my points, but I believe my previous suggestion has been rendered moot anyway for several reasons.
Okay, later you can work on it more!
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 16:13   #32
AkyV

The poll has been closed!

30* out of 36 people voted for an open newbie subforum. 7 of these 30 voters are newcomers.

*: Not 28. I fixed now Danath and Caesum's bad vote.

So the result is obvious. The open newbie subforum will be created.

Soon...
Old 15-07-18, 13:50   #33
AkyV

Exclamation

The forum has been launched.
Old 15-07-18, 19:36   #34
moodydog
Relic Hunter

Congrats!

If I may add, in it's current state, I think it may need adapting a little for it's usability. I am a little sceptical that it would be used as intended. I don't entirely think there would be a need for a mass rush of basic questions that effectively are answered quite clearly in other areas, glossaries and the tutorials/ manuals. I also don't think anyone would ever ask a question such as "how do you connect a door", or "how do you raise blocks", because I think anyone who would access the manual, or find tutorials would find it incredibly trivial to do so. But we'll wait and see. Furthermore, I think there are only so many basic concepts to cover that it probably could be covered in a single post as an FYI/ glossary.

What may be good for the beginners section, would be more useful advice about how to actually begin your own projects, tips on project structures, and advice on how to prepare good and interesting texture sets and objects for a new project, and definitely some open ended exercise based tutorials (semi step-by-step, assuming the viewer has read the manual... but wants a bit of guided tuition where they can use their own creativity). This could also be extended to a more guided "tenderfoot level" class/ tuition series.

Last edited by moodydog; 15-07-18 at 19:37.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 19:54   #35
Baratheon
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
What may be good for the beginners section, would be more useful advice about how to actually begin your own projects, tips on project structures, and advice on how to prepare good and interesting texture sets and objects for a new project, and definitely some open ended exercise based tutorials (semi step-by-step, assuming the viewer has read the manual... but wants a bit of guided tuition where they can use their own creativity). This could also be extended to a more guided "tenderfoot level" class/ tuition series.
I love this idea.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 20:00   #36
AkyV

We will wait and see. Yes.

About tips and advices. As I said in the forum rules, advanced builders can start threads to explain things still not asked. So feel free to open any threads like that there.