Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-01-12, 04:44   #3171
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
I wish this was online co-op, I'd love to team with you.
I am hopeless at fighting, reflexes are lousy, although I usually manage to survive. I did like the Uncharted 2 co-op though very addictive. How do you get rid of those red markings on the floor that try and blow you up? I have fired everything I have at it, conjured a flame Atronach on it and even reanimated a spider to walk over it, nothing has set it off yet. There must be a better way of disarming them than just walking over them and healing yourself.

Edit
Strange I walk over them and they do not go off either, they must be defective or something.

Last edited by aussie500; 09-01-12 at 04:47.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 04:49   #3172
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
I am hopeless at fighting, reflexes are lousy, although I usually manage to survive. I did like the Uncharted 2 co-op though very addictive. How do you get rid of those red markings on the floor that try and blow you up? I have fired everything I have at it, conjured a flame Atronach on it and even reanimated a spider to walk over it, nothing has set it off yet. There must be a better way of disarming them than just walking over them and healing yourself.
I use the shout that makes you move fast and rush past them. I do the same for the swinging blade traps. And as for the floor triggers that spring the various smashing stuff I just walk around them, I always sneak and keep my eyes along the floor.

Now as to my assistant, that's another story. Poor Mjoll takes a whipping all the time....
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 05:17   #3173
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
I use the shout that makes you move fast and rush past them. I do the same for the swinging blade traps. And as for the floor triggers that spring the various smashing stuff I just walk around them, I always sneak and keep my eyes along the floor.

Now as to my assistant, that's another story. Poor Mjoll takes a whipping all the time....
Lydia will be walking through eventually, I was trying to disarm them, strange they never went off. No doubt Lydia walks over them they will. I discovered I missed a section in Nchuand-Zel, the quarters, I went down swam around came up through the armoury and out again when going around the corner activated everything. I saw a suspicious lever and did not pull it, want to raid the place before everything comes alive. There is an awful lot of stuff down here though, need 10 more Lydia's.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 08:22   #3174
lcroft_lc

Your Guide to Playing Skyrim as Batman
Why waste time and money on multiple games when you only need one: Skyrim?

2011 was an embarrassment of riches in terms of the breadth of high calibre games released. Did you have the time and money to get through them all? Probably not, and you didn't need to, either. Why waste your energy on multiple games when you only need one: Skyrim?

What am I talking about? Think about it. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a massive, open-ended role-playing game. With 16 diverse skill trees to invest in – and a tonne of spells and weapons to master – character customisation options are near-endless. In light of this, I thought it would be fun to put Skyrim's role-playing possibilities to the test. Here's a guide to surviving Skyrim as some of 2011's biggest stars.

Batman, Batman: Arkham City
With Batman: Arkham City, developer Rocksteady Studios once again showed us how awesome playing as the Dark Knight can be. When in his element, Batman has a lot going for him: mastery of multiple fighting styles, access to high-tech equipment and the ability to pull off the whole cape-and-cowl ensemble without people laughing at him. I wasn't sure how Batman would cope with being stripped of all bat-related gadgetry and dropped into the ruthless world of Skyrim but I was eager to find out.

For the full Batman experience you will want to adhere to three simple rules: adventure by night whenever possible, never kill a human, and speak all dialogue out loud in your most gruff voice. The first rule is easily remedied by use of the wait feature; simply while away the daylight hours hanging out with a swarm of bats (I've never been good at collective nouns) in one of Skyrim's cosy caves. The second rule is more problematic and you will long for early-comics-Batman who would gun goons down with reckless abandon.

Good luck finding some gadgets, though.

To overcome the no killing rule you will want to focus on stealth and intimidating your opponents. I recommend concentrating on the Sneak skill and levelling up Illusion magic until you gain the higher-level Fear and Invisibility spells. Sure, Batman is a man of science, but what is magic but science viewed by a simple mind?

To unlock these spells you will need some hard-core restraint, discipline and a big can of spam. For all of the complexity in Skyrim's levelling up systems, they sure are prone to exploitation. The Illusion spell Clairvoyance (a medieval version of Arkkam City's detective mode) and especially Muffle (great for prowling) are primed for spamming.

Playing as Batman will be tough, and a number of missions will not be playable as you need to kill humans to progress, but no one said being Batman was meant to be easy. Also, to my knowledge you cannot recruit a boy as a travelling companion. To flesh out a dynamic duo you might want to consider your gay marriage options. I suggest Marcurio in Riften.

More-
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216077p1.html
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 10:15   #3175
Nemo_91

Wtf
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 11:40   #3176
jarekhanzelka

Personally I much rather pretend it's Thief 4 when I'm doing stealth. And saying the dialogue options out loud in a voice of a troubled man suffering from diarrhea? I always do that.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 15:26   #3177
Nemo_91

Haha, I just added this: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3963

It's pretty good but a bit dark. I miss the candles. :'( Plus that chest in the living room disappeared, lol!
Old 09-01-12, 15:44   #3178
b0bb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
2011 was an embarrassment of riches in terms of the breadth of high calibre games released. Did you have the time and money to get through them all? Probably not, and you didn't need to, either. Why waste your energy on multiple games when you only need one: Skyrim?
You can't spell ignorance without IGN. ;D [/oldmemeisold]

... w-what am I even doing in this thread? >///<
b0bb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 15:55   #3179
Chocola teapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bb13 View Post
... w-what am I even doing in this thread? >///<
Your loss, bitch.
Chocola teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 16:22   #3180
Nemo_91

My god, I almost forgot how beautiful Blackreach is! I have to collect 30 crimson nirnroots there. I HATED collecting those things in Oblivion, but now thanks to the stunning environment, it's actually enjoyable.