Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 28-01-11, 19:46   #1
Mytly

Exclamation Rules for XNALara

The moderators have been discussing the rules regarding XNALara images and models, especially in terms of nude and near-nude mods and other sexually suggestive or explicit stuff. These are the rules we have agreed upon.
  • The general rule is that all female characters in any modded images and models (using XNALara or anything else) must not show any more skin than Lara does in her Legend bikini. Male characters can be topless, but not bottomless.
  • Models that do not comply with the XNALara rules on TRF (whether from the TR franchise or not) cannot be offered for download. That includes linking to sites which have such models for download.
  • Sexually suggestive or vulgar poses and gestures are also not allowed, whether or not the character doing them is fully clothed.
There are bound to be situations which don't fall under these categories, but these are the general rules that everyone should follow. If in doubt, ask a moderator or post in this thread. Edit: The above rules also apply to models extracted from other games, whether or not they are modded in any way.

These rules apply from now onwards, so please don't complain about warnings or bans you may have had regarding this in the past.

These rules may be modified in the future if necessary. If so, that will be announced in this thread.

Edit: The following image shows which parts of the skin must be covered in any female model/image posted in this section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
In an attempt to eliminate ambiguity, I've taken screenshots of the Legend bikini and edited out the straps and a little bit in the center which the dress reveals. This should make it clear which parts have to be covered for XNA:

It's okay if the strap areas are handled differently (which is why I removed them to show you have freedom to put whatever you want there) but the remaining areas shown in white fabric have to be covered by opaque material in every female outfit (male characters can still be topless though).

I hope this makes things a bit more clear

Last edited by Mytly; 18-07-12 at 20:58. Reason: Updated rules
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:07   #2
Hiddenus

Cool. Finally if someone will use models like those forbiden to share will make good stuff. :P
Hiddenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:14   #3
dizzydoil
Inactive

It's more of a "Rules for XNALara regarding nude Lara" or sth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
  • But images/renders in which Lara is naked are allowed, as long as she is covered in some way (for example, with her hands or hidden behind furniture) in such a way that does not expose any more skin than a bikini would. Please note that this applies to images only, and not downloadable models!
*annoyed cap on*

No they're not. I know you're telling us the rules here, but I have been threatened with a "vacation" on more than one occasion for posting a picture with a "nude" Lara where she is infact covered, to no more or less of an official render. I don't mean to be buggy, but it's a bit of a kick in the face to be told naked images of Lara are allowed, aslong as she is covered. Perhaps I'm blind, but in my pictures- she's covered.

I'm supplying two images, that have previously been removed for bypassing the T&C. Do these images cover the "images/renders in which Lara is naked are allowed, as long as she is covered in some way (for example, with her hands or hidden behind furniture) in such a way that does not expose any more skin than a bikini would" ?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/1..._by_dalach.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/download/1...ch-d37yct7.jpg

Please remove them if they're unacceptable (as previously stated).

Also, if this is more appropiate for a PM conversation, feel free to delete this post and quote me over PM. Thanks!
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:17   #4
Mytly

Dizzydoil, was this sentence not clear enough?

Quote:
These rules apply from now onwards, so please don't complain about warnings or bans you may have had regarding this in the past.
As a matter of fact, your second image is what prompted us moderators to get these rules straightened out once and for all, as we were all working under different assumptions about what was acceptable and what wasn't. So these rules are what will be enforced by all of us in the future. They don't work retroactively.
Old 28-01-11, 20:19   #5
dizzydoil
Inactive

Okay, then. Would these images be suitable to post now?

(I'm glad I helped toward a serious decision )
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:25   #6
Love2Raid

Thanks. Itīs good to have these rules clear and written down for everyone to see. Iīm also happy that we will have some more artistic freedom. I just hope people will keep their work tasteful and decent...

Anyway, there is something else that I think should be said about a particular model and now is the right time and place to say it, I think. It concerns Vega82īs bathingsuit model. (Originally a Doppelganger mod, retextured by tombraider4ever later into a collection of Lara swimsuits. You all know which model Iīm talking about.

He wrote this in the readme:

Quote:
Because of the nature of the meshes/textures, I'm forced to give this mod a LIMITED use.
DO NOT use it as a base to make a nude mod and DO NOT include any of my textures/UVcuts in a nude mod.
Any non nude stuff, you're ok to go.

Q:
Why are you suddenly coming with this "limited use" bull**** vega? you suck!!

A:
Perhaps someday I'll release my already existent nude mods (unlikely but... never say never) but I'll really hate to see my work used in any possible gross or untasteful way. That's not what I had in mind when I made them and I don't want to be linked to that sort of stuff, in any way, shape or color. I hope you can please understand me, and could respect this.
Please, donīt be an ass and respect his wishes people.

Thatīs all.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:31   #7
$AtlantiB$

Finally we got a official borders!!!!!!!
thanks a lot!
$AtlantiB$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:35   #8
thailand

yea! It is very good to have such rules!!!!
thailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:38   #9
ozzman

thanks, this helps clarify some things, i know i rarely use a nud model, but when i do i never post anything that doesn't show any more than a bikini, infact ia rarely EVER use the full mod, only topless, thank you for doing this, also i'm sure a nude back is alowed right, i got in trouble for doing one with her back
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 20:56   #10
Mytly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
Okay, then. Would these images be suitable to post now?
Yes, if you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
thanks, this helps clarify some things, i know i rarely use a nud model, but when i do i never post anything that doesn't show any more than a bikini, infact ia rarely EVER use the full mod, only topless, thank you for doing this, also i'm sure a nude back is alowed right, i got in trouble for doing one with her back
Yes, a nude back is allowed, since Lara's back is nearly fully visible in her bikini (except for a thin strap). But please note the rest of the rules too. This is only applicable to images not downloadable models.