Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 25-10-14, 07:23   #31
RunrigNutter

Looking at end credits, Nathan did the music, whilst Peter did additional sound effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZJoUEdAsA -0:41
RunrigNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-14, 07:45   #32
ggctuk

Peter was also given an additional music credit in the credits in the instruction booklet IIRC.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-14, 09:51   #33
CheshireBitch

I used to love the TR4 track, but to be honest I'm in LOVE with the TR3 unused version. It's so great. It would have been so cool to have it in the game. I just love it.

Thank you very much for sharing it's awesome !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-14, 11:50   #34
peeves

That unused TR3 track wouldn't have been so bad to have.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 21:44   #35
XLave

This is the Dark Angel Symphony origins, amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
No it's definately a great point! I never really thought of it that way, I like how you explained it you obviously have great knowledge in this regard unlike myself. Something still tells me though that because I don't really relate music to location and all that other jazz (I heard a track from TR and i think OMG TOMB RAIDERR!!111) I still feel i'd be a bit of a derp and place the track mentally to where I heard it. Yeah for sure, using Game Boss 01 in TR3 does indeed sound off but I still feel it's because I'm so used to it playing while I'm ripping my hair out with the Temple of Horus scales puzzle haha.

I'll definately link Peter to this thread for a gander at some point, i'm sure he'll love reading the opinions! He's probably one of the friendliest and most involved part of the tomb raider production team from ANY of the games.

He should be checked out on Facebook (page is called Peter Connelly Ltd), some great updates there. I complimented him on his music a few days ago while I was doing a TR4 playthrough then last night he posted a page update asking TR fans for their favourite tracks from TR4,5,6 that they would like to hear revamped and reinvented. He's considering doing like so when he's got some time free! (Proud to know I prompted this from him )
XLave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 22:32   #36
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLave View Post
This is the Dark Angel Symphony origins, amazing!
Wow! I was thinking about this a few days ago.

Did you arrive here because of a post on the Lara Croft Tomb Raider fb group per chance? I posted this there the other day. Time flies
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-20, 12:37   #37
edumarrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaethus View Post
I'm sure I read somewhere that this was going to be the the track used for the final bossfight in TRIII but couldn't find the source.
Same here, but cannot remember where I found that info

My question is... What I must do to trigger the track during the boss fight. Just curiosity
edumarrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-20, 13:45   #38
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by edumarrom View Post
My question is... What I must do to trigger the track during the boss fight. Just curiosity
You'd need to use Sardoc's TR3 patch. Specifically, the CHAMBER.TR2 and cdaudio.wad files.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-20, 14:12   #39
edumarrom

Thanks!! Can I have problems with the classic XP/Vista Multi Patch, or actual savegames?
edumarrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-20, 14:41   #40
laravision

You shouldn't have any problems, but don't rule it out completely. Sardoc did his best to ensure that savegame compatibility doesn't break due to all the various fixes the level files contain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
Known issues:

1. Healing crystals may still be present if an old savegame or Stella's Site savegame is used. This is because the crystal positions are stored in the savegame file, so you'll see the changes in the next level. For best experience, please start an entirely new game, so that there are no crystals anywhere on the map. However, if you don't want to start an entirely new game, you don't have to: you can download a savegame from the very end of a previous level, end it and then the next one will start without crystals.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote