Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-04-12, 10:27   #21
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
No, I really don't.

When I ctrl + right click, It's the texture that's supposed to be there. It's even highlighted in the texture list to the left of the program. But in the 3D display every object has a different texture that it's completely textured with. :/
I thought you might be able to recognize the texture.

ctrl+right click still works because it has nothing to do with the OpenGL texture displayed.

When each polygon of the mesh is drawn it is given a name which in this case is the id number of the texture in the list. When you ctrl+right click on a polygon the name of the polygon is retrieved and so the texture can be selected on the bitmap.

To create the OpenGL textures, TurboPascal loads the image data into one big bitmap (all the pages) and then uses the texture record info to cut a texture bitmap from that big bitmap. If this texture bitmap does not have both height and depth a factor of 2, it is stretched to fit a 64 x 64 bitmap.

This texture bitmap is then converted to an OpenGL texture. When an OpenGL texture is created you identify it by giving it a unique number. The number used in StrPix is the the texture id so that the OpenGL texture id matches the polygon name.

In OpenGL, before a textured polygon is drawn, you nominate the OpenGL texture number and name to use.

In your case the names are correct but the OpenGL textures have not been created/numbered properly for some reason.

Last edited by sapper; 16-04-12 at 10:31.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12, 13:49   #22
Peanut

^ But how do I fix it? :/ I went to the OpenGL website to download a driver but they don't have a download page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeniy View Post
I had the same problem. I installed the driver from the video card. Now everything is fine!
Do you have a link that I can use?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 12:35   #23
Jedu
Inactive

I got problem. I export textures, edit that in photoshop saved as bmp. try Import but i go Stream read error.... what's wrong ?? Help please...
Jedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 12:38   #24
Titak

Are you sure you saved in the correct BMP format? (uncompressed 24 bit)
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 13:31   #25
Jedu
Inactive

100 % sure. I try with other objects but this same error...
Old 02-11-14, 13:47   #26
Dino14

^Try to save your textures as BMP in Paint.
Dino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 14:13   #27
Jedu
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino14 View Post
^Try to save your textures as BMP in Paint.
It works ! Thanks
Old 03-11-14, 10:57   #28
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedu View Post
I got problem. I export textures, edit that in photoshop saved as bmp. try Import but i go Stream read error.... what's wrong ?? Help please...
PhotoShop saves uncompressed bitmaps without correct size information after the first two bytes (BM signature) of a bitmap file.

StrPix (Delphi) assumes this size information is correct and tries to read past the end of the file.

The new version of StrPix will allow adding textures from .psd and .pdd PhotoShop files but I will also fix this problem with importing Photoshop bitmaps.

EDIT:

Above info about size information seems to be wrong. I got the info from old Delphi forum.

The size is correct so maybe it is the extra 2 bytes that PhotoShop adds that is the problem.

Last edited by sapper; 04-11-14 at 00:19.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 17:55   #29
Kikiloco

Quote:
I export textures, edit that in photoshop saved as bmp.
In Photoshop, when a BMP is going to be saved, there is a BMP options dialog, it have to be selected:

- File format: Windows
- Depth: 24
- Flip Row order: cheked.

By default flip row order is unchecked, and strpix3 cant read bmp saved in that way.
Kikiloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 18:41   #30
Jedu
Inactive

I figure it out everythings work awesome now thanks again