Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 04-04-13, 19:10   #1
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Question Supernatural myths to be a reoccurring theme?

So, I just recently discovered that two shows which cater to supernatural storytelling talk about Croatoan at some point. Does this mean CD plan on doing the whole supernatural/horror theme from now on? Because I really would love this.

One of the shows mentioned Croatoan to be a word the Indians used to ward off unwanted spirits, the other show I haven't seen yet so I am not sure how it was used. How would you feel about the supernatural theme reoccurring throughout the reboot series? More chances for horror and dark storytelling. The occult is something I've always wanted Lara to look into.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:12   #2
Zebra

I thought this was pretty much obvious considering how the reboot ended.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:13   #3
Lara_Fan_33

Couldn't agree more With the added fact that horror games are scarce these days, it could bring in even more new fans!
Lara_Fan_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:14   #4
Sir Croft

Hopefully not just that, dark themes are nice, but can get boring fast, I'm all for something more fantasy like the classics. I want to be amazed by Tomb Raider, not scared.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:17   #5
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I thought this was pretty much obvious considering how the reboot ended.
How so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 View Post
Couldn't agree more With the added fact that horror games are scarce these days, it could bring in even more new fans!
Yup! One of my friends who only plays horror games is interested in the reboot since I mentioned it has a lot of horror elements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
Hopefully not just that, dark themes are nice, but can get boring fast, I'm all for something more fantasy like the classics. I want to be amazed by Tomb Raider, not scared.
You can still have a sense of awe & fantasy with dark stories. Tombs should be scary, I mean they are places of the dead.
Old 04-04-13, 19:19   #6
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
Scares can amaze you more than overrated fantasy though, look at Resident Evil it is now full of fantasy and scarce of scares and it does not amaze many. I am all for the darker themes for the next TR games tbh.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:20   #7
Moosey

I've never been a fan of horror games. I'm not buying the game if it becomes horror. I mean, supernatural is good, but I only like the type of supernatural that it was in the classics.
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:21   #8
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
I've never been a fan of horror games. I'm not buying the game if it becomes horror. I mean, supernatural is good, but I only like the type of supernatural that it was in the classics.
It doesn't have to be a horror game to have horror themes in it's story. TReboot was extremely horror themed, yet is not a horror game.
Old 04-04-13, 19:23   #9
Lara_Fan_33

Also with the put-into-survival-situation story over, future Tomb Raiders could have very varried stories, I would love the next one to have spirits. Possibly they could make a sequal in which:
- Sam has become a bit possesed by Himiko after TR, but Himiko is smart enough to keep it hidden from Lara, with her own motives.
- Laras next destination could be one huge burial ground, with a dark story involving (The trinity maybe) an evil organization trying to find DNA remains of Himiko (or anyone), but in the process releasing spirits and who knows what

Possibilities are endless, but the idea of myths is something Tomb raider can't live without tbh

Last edited by Lara_Fan_33; 04-04-13 at 19:24.
Lara_Fan_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 19:30   #10
spyrostr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
wasnt AOD a horror/adventure game? at least it was for me...
spyrostr is offline   Reply With Quote