www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 20-11-17, 18:44   #2021
drbunnig
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft! View Post
Iron Maiden are finally returning to Greece in 2018 after seven long years. I am so excited!!!
Bagged myself a ticket to their Manchester gig in the fan club presale. Now the waiting game begins.
Old 21-11-17, 10:50   #2022
Lara Croft!
Tomb Raider

My fiance wanted to get the ticket n.007 for Iron Maiden, so he went there 4 hours before the sale began. He gave 001 to a guy waiting just before him, I asked for n.010. The shop owner took a photo of Panos posted it on FB and after a while we saw him in a site's news section.

http://roxx.gr/2017/11/21/apo-ta-ksi...-judas-priest/

It's in Greek. Basically it's saying that the sale has started and people have been there since dawn, and one fan got 001 and he was there since 5.30 in the morning. (Little did they know that he didn't keep it for himself)
Old 11-12-17, 02:13   #2023
Paddy
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFromPeru View Post
I'm quite impressed that Iron Maiden can still tour considering the age of most of those guys. I saw pictures not too long ago from their recent tour and it's good to see Bruce still running around and jumping on stage. The man knows how to keep himself in shape.

There's been a lot a new releases this year. Just recently I picked up the new Enslaved album E. I've been really digging their stuff the past few years. Their new album, although quite good, is still probably not as strong as some of their previous albums like RIITIIR. I also really like the new Septicflesh and Ne Obliviscaris albums. Septicflesh seem to have improved since Titan and I really like that the new album sounds even more sinister than their previous as if it were possible. Ne Olbliviscaris's new album is truly a work of art and is some of the most beautiful metal I've ever listened to.

I still need to get the new Cannibal Corpse and Converge albums.
Ne Obliviscaris album is my album of the year. Enslaved's one is great but Riitiir was way better and definitely get the new Cannibal Corpse album.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 23:39   #2024
Lara Croft!
Tomb Raider

Accept, Saxon, Priest, Volbeat, Maiden and more... two days left for the 1st day of the festival!
Old 20-07-18, 00:10   #2025
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

I've tried listening to some metal music. I just....I can't enjoy it. I can get into heavier rock, or borderline symphonic rock/metal, as in the Christian band RED, but that's almost it. I've enjoyed very little heavy metal, death metal, or any other kind of metal. It's the near constant growling, machine gun-like staccato of the bass guitar/drum, an the too fast paced rhythm of music. There is some I may have liked when I was younger and may like today. Still...it's hard for me to listen for more than a few seconds.

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 20-07-18 at 00:12.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 00:24   #2026
ozzman
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Simplicityy View Post
I've tried listening to some metal music. I just....I can't enjoy it. I can get into heavier rock, or borderline symphonic rock/metal, as in the Christian band RED, but that's almost it. I've enjoyed very little heavy metal, death metal, or any other kind of metal. It's the near constant growling, machine gun-like staccato of the bass guitar/drum, an the too fast paced rhythm of music. There is some I may have liked when I was younger and may like today. Still...it's hard for me to listen for more than a few seconds.
i used to hate growling and screaming during the entire song, now i love most of it, mainly like rock and metal i can sing along too [poorly might i add]

current favorites

Korn
Rob Zombie
Staind
Rammstein
OOMPH
Megaherz
Eisbrecher
Epica
Kamelot
Arch Enemy
Unleash the Archers
Dio
Black Sabbath
Evanescence
Old 20-07-18, 04:05   #2027
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
i used to hate growling and screaming during the entire song, now i love most of it, mainly like rock and metal i can sing along too [poorly might i add]

current favorites

Korn
Rob Zombie
Staind
Rammstein
OOMPH
Megaherz
Eisbrecher
Epica
Kamelot
Arch Enemy
Unleash the Archers
Dio
Black Sabbath
Evanescence
Okay..I do like two of Black Sabbath's songs - Iron Man and Crazy Train. But I've assumed their just old classic rock. Thought Evanescence was rock
Old 20-07-18, 07:45   #2028
drbunnig
Hobbyist

Quote:
Okay..I do like two of Black Sabbath's songs - Iron Man and Crazy Train. But I've assumed their just old classic rock. Thought Evanescence was rock
"Crazy Train" is an Ozzy solo song. But there's a starting point - Black Sabbath's Paranoid and Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz albums. From there you could move on to other Ozzy era Sabbath and Ozzy solo albums.

Also try something like Metallica's self titled (Black album) or some Iron Maiden albums (Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast, Brave New World) if you're not too familiar with some of the more famous stuff.
Old 20-07-18, 12:06   #2029
ozzman
Tomb Raider

Quote:
i think you might like Dio

Old 20-07-18, 16:51   #2030
sierra xb
Relic Hunter

Ok...how could I not know there was a metal; thread in here?

Quote:
I can relate...I love some of the metal genres but others I just can't get into. I can tolerate a certain amount of growling, but only if it is a small amount. Too much of that and I feel like I'm watching The Exorcist.

The bands I like are mostly symphonic/gothic/celtic metal with female lead singers (sorry guys, I just like their voices better). I've also been getting into pirate metal lately as well. I've always been a fan of fusion music anyway, so these styles just seem to fit me well.

My current faves...

LEAH
Alestorm
Epica
Rage of Light
Celtica (bagpipes and metal)
Evanescence
Sirenia
Delain
Within Temptation
Leaves' Eyes
Nightwish