www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 09-12-17, 03:34   #21
ozzman
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Really? Please take them on tour and bring them to Houston!!
some of them like Caged Rex and in the behind the scenes there's a raptor too, i'm sure there's alot more, carnotarus is another shown but the one in the trailer was cgi, also an unknown dino in the teaser near the end [indoraptor?]
Old 09-12-17, 05:02   #22
Tyrannosaurus
Relic Hunter

One thing that drove me nuts about this trailer: Why does this franchise insist on showing multi-ton animals galloping like horses? Elephants can't gallop, and they're lighter and more manueverable than some of the other animals shown lifting all four of their limbs off the ground at once--like Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and Ankylosaurus. I'm sorry for sounding like a nitpick, but this is one of those things I just can't unsee.
Old 09-12-17, 07:58   #23
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus View Post
One thing that drove me nuts about this trailer: Why does this franchise insist on showing multi-ton animals galloping like horses? Elephants can't gallop, and they're lighter and more manueverable than some of the other animals shown lifting all four of their limbs off the ground at once--like Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and Ankylosaurus. I'm sorry for sounding like a nitpick, but this is one of those things I just can't unsee.
Because they don't give a crap. That is (one of the many things) what bothers me about these Jurassic World films: they turn the dinosaurs into silly movie monsters. Jurassic Park, the original one, went out of it's way to portray them as realistically as possible. As animals, not monsters. Alan Grant even said that literally when they were up in the tree. Here they behave either like mindless killing machines, or, even more preposterous, like... I don't even know what to call them, but I'm thinking of the ending scene in JW were the raptor and T-rex work together to defeat the meaniesaurus and then look like they're about to give each other a brofist.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 18:26   #24
strawberry22
Relic Hunter

I am such a Jurassic Park fan and have been since I was tiny, but honestly I’m disappointed by this trailer. Jurassic World was good. Definitely was no match compared to the old films, but I thought it was nice and I loved how they paid homage to the old films. This new one feels like a money grabber to me. They’ve squeezed as much out of the story as they can, I wish they’d leave it alone now.

Chris Pratt will NEVER measure up to Sam Neill either. Sam was a sexy, yet geeky and really fascinating protagonist. There was never any run-of-the-mill love story with Dr Grant either, it was all business and he was such a super cool character. What they’ve done with Chris and this other lady (can’t even remember her name) is boring. Seen it so many times. Chris was your usual superhero good looking man, and then at the end he gets off with the girl. Really boring. Kind of glad that the two characters have split up in this new film.
Old 22-12-17, 11:39   #25
LaraIloveYou
Student

after the awesome new saur (in Jurrasic World) I expected something like Godzilla ...
T-Rex, Spino and Raptors are so main stream
LaraIloveYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-18, 14:46   #26
strawberry22
Relic Hunter

Just to build on what I said before... why does everyone hate JP3?? It’s my second favourite in the series after the original. Sure it’s slightly stodgy but it felt more connected to the roots than any other sequal has in my opinion. I still think JP2 was the worst. I can barely sit through that film.
Old 17-01-18, 17:15   #27
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry22 View Post
Just to build on what I said before... why does everyone hate JP3??
Well a big reason for that is the T-rex getting killed by Spinosaurus. Not that I care about which one of two prehistoric beasts that lived on different continents and millions of years apart from eachother would win, but I can see how fans would hate to see a beloved character being humiliated by a newcomer that nobody asked for and is then build up to be the new badass. It's as if Luke Skywalker were to be defeated by some dumbass Mary Sue. Oh wait.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-18, 17:20   #28
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry22 View Post
Just to build on what I said before... why does everyone hate JP3?? It’s my second favourite in the series after the original. Sure it’s slightly stodgy but it felt more connected to the roots than any other sequal has in my opinion. I still think JP2 was the worst. I can barely sit through that film.
I feel the same way. I think it had to do with the raptors wanting that egg back, which I get is a stretch, but I didn't have a problem with it.
Old 18-01-18, 14:58   #29
ozzman
Tomb Raider

if you guys are interested in JP lore, theres a youtube channel that he explains alot of story and so on, the Spino in JP is a failed experiment that DR WU left on the island thinking it had died, but it had infact survived, this is why it is alot larger and stronger than a real spino, but i love JP3 and especially how intelligent the raptors are
Old 19-01-18, 23:19   #30
strawberry22
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
if you guys are interested in JP lore, theres a youtube channel that he explains alot of story and so on, the Spino in JP is a failed experiment that DR WU left on the island thinking it had died, but it had infact survived, this is why it is alot larger and stronger than a real spino, but i love JP3 and especially how intelligent the raptors are
I never knew this! Is that the same guy who thinks Amanda Kirby is the one responsible for the Indominus Rex? That theory was really crazy lol.

Yeah, JP3 has it's weird moments but I think there was always something quite enticing about it. Just kind of the fact that they were on the "factory" island made it feel much more raw, there was no novelty or theme park behind it, it was real life brewing dinosaurs. This, for me, made the movie feel way more eerie in that the island feels way more isolated and desolate, like it's got a lot of bad memories behind it (and yes, I know JP2 is also set on Isla Sorna but they didn't really go into much detail of the actual farming and production of the animals, also the story line SUCKS). The original still slays all of them though tbh.

I really need to do a marathon of the films tbh.