www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 30-06-18, 17:34   #71
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
LMAO, I totally remember how obnoxious and annoying that kid was in The Babadook. Probably the most annoying kid to appear in any form of media in recent years. Although I do like how the mom in that movie actually reaches a breaking point with that kid.
You have no idea how much I wanted to punch that kid he was really annoying, I had been looking forward to watching The Babadook as I love horror movies but that kid ruined the movie for me, his mother was irritating too.

The Babadook wasn't that intimidating either, for once I was on the demon's side hoping he would kill both of them it's a pity he didn't.

I can think of a better example of an intimidating demon, the IT in It Follows The Babadook could learn a lot from IT on how to be intimidating, lurking in the shadows isn't always intimidating, standing there not moving just watching the character can be intimidating, so too can IT randomly appearing or what you think might be IT.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 17:37   #72
klona
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
LMAO, I totally remember how obnoxious and annoying that kid was in The Babadook.
MOMMYYYYY
MOMMYYYYYYY
*crazy high pitched scream*
Old 06-07-18, 17:28   #73
DragonSlayer
Professor

Ambassador Udina probably the most annoying character in Mass Effect typical self serving politician, if he had set foot aboard the Normandy I would have tossed him out the airlock.

Kaidan Alenko, I never really liked him I always sacrificed him on Virmire, Kaidan Vs Ashley, Ashley wins.
Old 13-07-18, 19:15   #74
scion05
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Boleyn View Post
Aw I love The Golden Girls. It at least had varied storylines (from Dorothy dating a clown to Blanche’s husband returning from the grave). KUA, on the other hand, always comprised:

Hyacinth’s neighbour spilling tea
Neighbour’s brother hiding
Hyacinth answering the phone with the same lines
Hyacinth embarrassed by her “common” family
Hyacinth trying to impress a rich person
Hyacinth falling into the same bush after being frightened by the same dog in the same place every week
Hyacinth directing her husband in the car
The postman avoiding her

I’m ok with running gags (like Norm’s name being shouted in “Cheers”, but KUA seemed to be entirely composed of them, with no attempt at plotting). Funny how I only noticed this since it’s been repeated!
To be honest, I've got the box set, and I find the storylines actually pretty good, it's just that some of the typical gags are used too much, mainly just the dog and the coffee spill.
Old 13-07-18, 19:39   #75
KManX89
Student

Virtually any character from Godzilla 98: they were all insufferable, unlikable d-bags, inb4 "it was a good monster movie, just not a good Godzilla movie", no, no, and no, it was a bad movie regardless.

All characters from Unfriended: another movie where the whole cast was annoying and unlikable.

Jar Jar Binks: I don't think he needs any introduction.

Skids and Mudflap from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: you didn't think I was gonna go go without mentioning them, now did you?

Anakin Skywalker in E2 and 3: could Hayden Christiensen sound/act any more robotic? I guess it's kinda fitting they put him in the robotic life-support suit, all things considered.

There's more, but I can't be bothered thinking.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 15:52   #76
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
All characters from Unfriended: another movie where the whole cast was annoying and unlikable.

Jar Jar Binks: I don't think he needs any introduction.

Skids and Mudflap from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: you didn't think I was gonna go go without mentioning them, now did you?

Anakin Skywalker in E2 and 3: could Hayden Christiensen sound/act any more robotic? I guess it's kinda fitting they put him in the robotic life-support suit, all things considered.

There's more, but I can't be bothered thinking.
I liked Unfriended i don't remember much about the characters next time it's on if it's ever on again I'll watch it.

I'm not the biggest fan of the found footage movie genre I really don't like the Paranormal Activity movies, when I watched the first one I just fast forwarded through the entire movie, the Paranormal Activity parody in Scary Movie 5 was better than all the Paranormal Activity movies put together.

My 3 favourite found footage movies, Unfriended, the original Blair Witch and The Fourth Kind.

While Skids and Mudflaps were annoying the character I found most annoying was Agent Simmons, that I'm beneath the enemy scrotum line worst line ever.

Hayden did indeed sound robotic he's so robotic he makes Neo sound almost human and Keanu Reeves can be robotic a lot of the time, he is far less robotic than Hayden.

Somewhere in this topic I said that Hayden makes 10 year old Anakin likeable.

I googled annoying movie characters 3 of my favourites were on the list Ruby Rhod The 5th Element, Rachel Ferrier War of The Worlds and Rachel Dawes Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I liked the Batman Begins version of the character, I didn't like The Dark Knight version of the character.

Cal Hockley and Rose's mother so very annoying the pair of them, maybe Cal should have married the mother since they are so alike selfish who only care about themselves and don't appear to care about Rose.

Dolores Umbridge and Gilderoy Lockhart, I wanted to punch Gilderoy Lockhart so badly by the end of his first scene as for Umbridge I would let a dementor suck her soul out that's if she has one.

Viserys Targaryen Game of Thrones, he was so annoying I liked it when Khal Drogo gave him his "crowning achievement"

All of Kevin Mccalister's family except for his parents.

Howard the duck

Roman Bellic no Roman I don't want to go bowling and almost every GTA4 character Dwayne was especially irritating to listen to on the phone, the only characters I liked in GTA4 were the Irish guys except for the sister when it came to dating she was a lot of work, very demanding and very easily annoyed by just about anything, by the end of the third date I was thinking this must be what dating a nun feels like.

Seymour Final Fantasy 10 he must have cost the Guado a fortune in hair gel.

Vaan Final Fantasy 12.
Old 14-07-18, 16:45   #77
KManX89
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
While Skids and Mudflaps were annoying the character I found most annoying was Agent Simmons, that I'm beneath the enemy scrotum line worst line ever.
I also found Shane and Cade Yaeger in AoE annoying AF (can't believe I forgot to mention them). Hearing them bicker back and forth about screwing his underage daughter got annoying after 30 minutes, let alone throughout the whole movie.

T5 actually took the pedophilia a step further and had a sexed-out 14-year-old girl with a ton of makeup on and her chest hanging out of her shirt.

Seriously, racist jokes, sexist jokes, homophobic jokes, panning in closely on girl's butts, explosions, pedophilia, is there no line you won't cross, Michael Bay?

Last edited by KManX89; 14-07-18 at 16:53.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 17:25   #78
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
I also found Shane and Cade Yaeger in AoE annoying AF (can't believe I forgot to mention them). Hearing them bicker back and forth about screwing his underage daughter got annoying after 30 minutes, let alone throughout the whole movie.

T5 actually took the pedophilia a step further and had a sexed-out 14-year-old girl with a ton of makeup on and her chest hanging out of her shirt.

Seriously, racist jokes, sexist jokes, homophobic jokes, panning in closely on girl's butts, explosions, pedophilia, is there no line you won't cross, Michael Bay?
I've seen AoE I didn't like it thank I didn't spend money on the DVD that would have been a waste of 14 euro, they should have ended the Transformers movies with Dark of the Moon that was a good movie and much better than Revenge of the Fallen.

I have no desire to see T5 right now and I will most definitely not buy it, whenever it's on the TV I'll watch it though I probably will end up turning it off before it's over like I did with Interstellar, I was asleep before the first hour of Interstellar had gone by, IMO Gravity is a much better movie than Interstellar.
Old 14-07-18, 17:55   #79
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Well me and a friend who hadn't played it since he was a kid tried out Borderlands 2 on steam, holy **** is claptrap annoying, him and a bunch of stuff means we quit not even 50 min after starting a new game.
Borderlands 2 (with all DLC) is a great game. One of my favorites actually. With a friend it's the perfect "shoot'em up" game. Claptrap is a little annoying in the beginning, I'll admit it, but the rest of the game is sooooo good it's absolutely worth it. Plus, he's only a big part in the beginning as he's your guide to "learn" the game. As you progress you meet new characters and you won't really deal with Claptrap that much anymore. He won't be gone as there are several people you get missions from and he's one of them, but he's better throughout the game.

I'd really recommend you to complete the game with a friend, then play all the DLC's. The last time I played it was maybe 4 months ago.

Last edited by Legends; 14-07-18 at 18:07.
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 15:50   #80
DragonSlayer
Professor

Are there any Holby City fans here?

If so professor Gaskell is currently the most annoying character, he's a Jekyll and Hyde type character and currently every episode revolves around him, his storyline is beginning to drag a bit and I just wish it would end very soon.

He's a bit like a vampire always on the lookout for his next victim plus he's got more faces than a clock and every one of them's miserable.

The only thing more annoying than a really annoying character dominating every episode is a storyline dragging on for far too long, does anyone remember that assisted suicide storyline EastEnders did many many years ago, I think a friend of Dot's wanted to die that storyline dragged on for so long that eventually I wanted them to hurry up and kill her just to put an end to the storyline.

If your going to kill someone on whatever type of program just get it over with quickly.

I forget who it was that said if your going to kill yourself get it right the first time, I think it was Martin Crane on the show Frasier. It sounds like something he would say.