Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 06-08-14, 08:37   #1
Greenapple968

Default European Club Football 2014-2015 General Thread

With the new season only about a week away, I thought it would be time for this thread.
Talk about anything involving European Club Football; Premier League-Non League, Cup Games, Teams, Players, Managers, anything involving Europeam Football.

I'll be looking forward to the Premier League, even though I support a Non League Team who are now one Division lower than they were last year.

My predictions for the Premier League:
The Title will be tight between Chelsea and Man City and I think Chelsea will take it this year; they haven't won it in a while and City never seem to win it twice in a row.
I think Burnley, Leicester and Hull will be the teams to go get relegated.
I don't think the top 4, 5 and 6 will change much other than I think Liverpool will slip out of it and be replaced by Man United.
I also think Manchester United's Trophy Cabinet will again, only collect dust this year.

As usual, I'm sure I'll be hopelessly wrong.
Feel free to post your own thoughts/predictions.

Bring on the football.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 18:52   #2
Mad Tony

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...e-players.html

Absolutely ecstatic about this. Don't know if anyone else plays FIFA but I've been waiting for Villa Park to be on there since 2001.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 21:56   #3
snork

Here the 3rd League started like 10 days ago, and right now it's what we call "English weeks" - meaning having an additional matchday midweek.

So just today northern-Germany-TV's website streamed the match Holstein Kiel - Hansa Rostock and after a confused 1st half in a better 2nd half I could witness Holstein Kiel's first win this season. Hurray!

Also 2nd League has started last weekend.

-------------
I am not going to stay up that late, but tonight 3:45 am they are showing Bayern Munich - MLS allstars.
Probably going to be the match with the lowest % of people tuned in ever. So another record tor them Bayern.
snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 22:10   #4
Dazzy

I have high hopes LVG will lead United to success this season. I can us winning the league, however it'll be mighty close. FA Cup is another trophy I wanna see us win, been far too long, 2004 was the last time tasted victory in that. Hopefully Liverpool fail to win the league again, last season could of been awful had they won it, because they wouldn't shut up about that title win etc.
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 10:20   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
I have high hopes LVG will lead United to success this season. I can us winning the league, however it'll be mighty close. FA Cup is another trophy I wanna see us win, been far too long, 2004 was the last time tasted victory in that. Hopefully Liverpool fail to win the league again, last season could of been awful had they won it, because they wouldn't shut up about that title win etc.
In my experiences, whenever Liverpool come close to winning the title (but fail to) they then go off the boil for about five years and don't finish any higher than about 6th and only add dust to their trophy cabinet. So you have nothing to worry about.
Be nice to see United bounce back; even though I despise United I actually felt quite bad for them last season and the season just seemed to lack something, without them competing.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 11:13   #6
Mad Tony

United won't win the league this year. They'll be lucky to make it into the top 3.
Old 16-08-14, 13:42   #7
Dazzy

I'm lowering my expectations right now, it's never good to lose the first game of the season. Feel sad now.

.................Moyes had a better start last season can't believe I'm saying that.

Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 13:54   #8
Mad Tony

Brilliant stuff. Are we in for another season of hilarity?

That said, the first game of the season is pretty meaningless. We beat Arsenal 3-1 last season and United won 4-1 - didn't really tell us much for the season.
Old 16-08-14, 16:23   #9
herothing

I'm sure things will pick up.
We'll hopefully get a few more signings and injuries will wear off and then things'll get going.
herothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 16:25   #10
Mad Tony

Excellent start for the Villa.

And I'm sorry if I seem anti-United, but after all those years of success (not to mention having to put up with plastic bandwagoners), I can't help but enjoy it.