Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 23-04-17, 22:14   #2561
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Leonardo DiCaprio might actually be a decent Kurtis? Maybe not, but I'm curious what it'd be like if he was Kurtis in an AOD movie.
I don't know about Leonardo but AOD movie would be amazing with horror elements (Aod theme plays behind)
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-17, 20:42   #2562
LHV Croft

Smile

Tomb Raider movie was fortunate to have been left alone in March (at least of the big productions) because Deadpool 2 was scheduled for June 1
And Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 has been postponed to November 21.
LHV Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-17, 22:24   #2563
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHV Croft View Post
Tomb Raider movie was fortunate to have been left alone in March (at least of the big productions) because Deadpool 2 was scheduled for June 1
And Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 has been postponed to November 21.
That's a relief, glad Tomb Raider has a clear window it seems to be the only franchise film dropped into that date too which means it has a good chance at being a huge hit.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-17, 22:42   #2564
andre_costa

Now let's hope that Robin Hood also changes its release date (March, 23rd)
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 06:56   #2565
Tonyrobinson

The only problem with competition I could see is A wrinkle in time which now releases March 9th, it's a major Disney title by Ava DuVernay I could see the critics blasting Tomb Raider because it releases at the same time with a similar premise (a girl going on an adventure to search for her father) but this ones been made by a female director and Tomb Raider hasn't and we all know how Hollywood likes to make a big deal of their SJW matters.

I don't expect there's as much hype surrounding A wrinkle in time as there is regarding Tomb Raider though but critically I expect the better reviews from Wrinkle, the best move producers could pull would be to make Tomb Raider for an R rated audience and really set it apart from the competition.
Old 26-04-17, 14:27   #2566
andre_costa

^I never heard of that

These two bloggers/YouTubers were on set of Tomb Raider. They were invited by Warner. We can hope for some videos in a couple months.

https://twitter.com/TechGirlZA
https://twitter.com/_Amixem

EDIT: The YouTuber said he talked with Alicia, but unfortunately the video will just come out by the time of the movie release.

Last edited by andre_costa; 26-04-17 at 14:37.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 23:02   #2567
PinkyPromise

Yes, a lot of youtubers and influencer was invited

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-Who9pXUAAK-Ka.jpg:large

Good publicity for millennials xD
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 23:48   #2568
Tonyrobinson

Nice to see they actually have a promotional plan in place for this. They did a similar promotion with Fantastic Beasts where they invited youtubers around the world to come to the set and do some videos.
Old 27-04-17, 07:39   #2569
Avalon SARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
The only problem with competition I could see is A wrinkle in time which now releases March 9th, it's a major Disney title by Ava DuVernay I could see the critics blasting Tomb Raider because it releases at the same time with a similar premise (a girl going on an adventure to search for her father) but this ones been made by a female director and Tomb Raider hasn't and we all know how Hollywood likes to make a big deal of their SJW matters.

I don't expect there's as much hype surrounding A wrinkle in time as there is regarding Tomb Raider though but critically I expect the better reviews from Wrinkle, the best move producers could pull would be to make Tomb Raider for an R rated audience and really set it apart from the competition.
This is scary and it is Disney, and the same theme.

Well, majority of us (if not all of us) have been against this father daughter plot from the start.

If the movie fails, I hope this gives CD and SE an idea to just throw this father, mother and daughter relationship to the trash and come up with fresh new ideas.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-17, 12:08   #2570
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
This is scary and it is Disney, and the same theme.

Well, majority of us (if not all of us) have been against this father daughter plot from the start.

If the movie fails, I hope this gives CD and SE an idea to just throw this father, mother and daughter relationship to the trash and come up with fresh new ideas.
In defense of Reboot, atleast Lara's parents are confirmed dead. Blood Ties also made both Amelia and Richard relatively likeable.

All of the information on the movie that has been released so far on her family (including possible spoilers).....just sounds like raw sewage IMO.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote