Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-05-15, 20:26   #1
BluenoseGames

Default Supergirl - TV Series | Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Supergirl!

Supergirl

Supergirl Synopsis:
Quote:
SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist), Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant (Golden Globe Award winner Calista Flockhart), who just hired the Daily Planet’s former photographer, James Olsen (Mehcad Brooks), as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw (David Harewood), head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime. Greg Berlanti (“The Flash,” “Arrow”), Ali Adler, Sarah Schecter and Andrew Kreisberg are executive producers for Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Glen Winter (“Arrow”).
Starring:
  • Mellissa Benoist as Kara Zor-EL
  • Laura Benanti as Alura Zor-El
  • Chyler Leigh as Alexandra Danvers
  • Helen Slater as Slyvia Danvers
  • Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen
  • Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant
  • Jeremy Jordan as Winslow Schott
  • David Harewood as Hank Henshaw
  • Jenna Dewan Tatum as Lucy Lane
  • Glenn Morshower as Sam Lane

Last edited by BluenoseGames; 23-01-16 at 19:33.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15, 21:47   #2
Jami393

Here's a thing, and it's not really on subject apart from the fact they own DC, but why does WB publish shows like this on other channels, their parent company owns Turner, which itself has channels.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15, 21:48   #3
BluenoseGames

The first half of this trailer reminded me of the Black Widow SNL SKIT but then awesome for the rest.
Old 13-05-15, 22:09   #4
Ravalessa

I actually liked the first half more than the second. Acting was a lot better and it looked less cheesy... Not liking how this is on CBS. :/

And maybe it's just me but she looks a lot prettier with the glasses on xD But that's irrelevant.
Ravalessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15, 22:10   #5
xcrushterx

I want this to be good, but I wasn't sold by the trailer.
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15, 22:13   #6
BluenoseGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravalessa View Post
I actually liked the first half more than the second. Acting was a lot better and it looked less cheesy... Not liking how this is on CBS. :/

And maybe it's just me but she looks a lot prettier with the glasses on xD But that's irrelevant.
I loved the music at the end lol. Apparently its confirmed to be in the arrowverse so crossovers will help this show.

random guy: " KARA!?"
Kara: "I'm going to tell you something about me that for most of my life I've run form it but last night I embraced who I am and I don't want to stop"
random guy: "Oh my god you're a lesbian. This is why your not into me this is great news"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushterx View Post
I want this to be good, but I wasn't sold by the trailer.
I fear the marketing will ruin this show but then again I wasn't sold on The Flashe's first trailer but the last half of this trailer was bad ass. If they just showed that. It'd be great.

Kara reminds me alot of Felicity probably cause of the blonde and glasses . SO CUTE.

Last edited by BluenoseGames; 13-05-15 at 22:16.
Old 13-05-15, 22:20   #7
Rai

This looks promising. Glad they're not going with the whole secret identity thing, not entirely.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15, 22:28   #8
BluenoseGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
This looks promising. Glad they're not going with the whole secret identity thing, not entirely.
Yeah especially glad they're not going the serious route.
Old 13-05-15, 23:07   #9
HRHCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluenoseGames View Post
Yeah especially glad they're not going the serious route.
Totally agree; I was worried they were going to go for 'dark'n'gritty.'

I have to say, I'm actually surprised: it looks pretty damn fun. I wasn't crazy about the things I was hearing during the show's development and I didn't like the tights and boots on the costume (shallow, I know) but I shall definitely watch the first episode when it starts.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15, 23:10   #10
BluenoseGames

The only issue I have is that they indicated that Clark exists but this is in the Arrow verse which He doesn't exist... this is going to be an issue.