Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-11-14, 14:24   #81
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
Yup, definitely inconsistent since she'd only be a child in the 1990s. I for one would like to think that reboot Lara is born either in 1991 or 1992, since they emphasize that she's 21.
I wouldn't say it was inconsistent in this case. The bio seen in the comic isn't meant to be her actual Reboot bio. We can only assume that the artist or perhaps Rhianna (with CD's approval?) put in Core's bio as an Easter egg. I can't see the DOB there, as it must be higher up the page. Core's bio gave 1968. Are you sure it says 1988 in this image and not '68?

I think we can assume Reboot Lara's DOB is 1991/2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Does it really need to be important wat year she born? she just a game character.
It's not terribly important. I think that's why CD are preferring not to give one. Some fans just like to know this stuff about a character they like so much.

Actually, isn't the other bio on that page Reyes'? I wonder what it says .

Last edited by Rai; 06-11-14 at 12:15.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 17:32   #82
OrangeFr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I wouldn't say it was inconsistent in this case. The bio seen in the comic isn't meant to be her actual Reboot bio. We can only assume that the artist or perhaps Gail (with CD's approval?) put in Core's bio as an Easter egg. I can't see the DOB there, as it must be higher up the page. Core's bio gave 1968. Are you sure it says 1988 in this image and not '68?

I think we can assume Reboot Lara's DOB is 1991/2.

It's not terribly important. I think that's why CD are preferring not to give one. Some fans just like to know this stuff about a character they like so much.

Actually, isn't the other bio on that page Reyes'? I wonder what it says .
Looks like I am one of these fans...
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 19:15   #83
Babou

That bio is actually a really cool easter egg. Usually they draw lines. As for getting a clear date of birth, well that's never going to happen, at least for as long as the current creative director is in charge. They want her to be 'timeless' so that years in real time can pass, but only a few months may have passed in Lara's world.
Babou is offline   Reply With Quote